Help needed please - drinks.

Bess

Plod, plod, plod.....
I don't drink coffee, usually lemon tea. So I'm a bit stuck for hot drinks. I really don't like black tea, can I drink a mug of hot water with a piece of ginger root in it and any herb tea? ( I know fruit teas are out.) I've just noticed some mint growing in the garden - that would be nice in hot water.
Also this horrible taste in my mouth - can I suck tiny sugar free mints? Or sugar free chewing gum? Or any other suggestions please? Many thanks. Bess.

Not sure about the ginger or mint, sorry. Brushing your teeth does help to get rid of the fuzziness in your mouth and is harmless ;).

Soon2bslimmer x

Ive never taken coffee or tea black and without sugar, but have adapted pretty well. So through no hardship i guess ive changed the habit of a lifetime! lol

Although as id b drinking more than usual, i did get a mild blend coffee to make it more palatable.

Also, after your second week you can introduce water favourings which may help you if u can hold out! lol

Thankyou both, I'll go and have a fizzy water in a wine glass and think gin and tonic! Roll on week 2!

I checked out green tea and heard thats okay, I don't mind it.
Are we allowed sweetners for coffee? Also miss the hot drink thing, I'm a coffee with milk addict!!

Cant help you with the hot drinks but if you want to get rid of the bad taste get listerine strips. Theyre mint strips that dissolve on your tongue. I bought a few packs of ebay to see me through for a while! Not allowed mints but you can have chewing gum although chewing can make you hungry!

Peppermint tea is lovely once you've got the taste for it- and green tea bearable but I had to stick at it!

xx

Think it's probably already been answered but I will put my two pennies worth in.........
You can have any leaf tea so mint should be fine.
I think brushing your teeth is easily the best way to freshen up your mouth and it doesn't effect teh diet at all but those little melty strips are ok too and are fine ont he diet. I find they stick to the top of my mouth though which is quite annoying!

Likealobster - we started on the same day! So you are on day 5 aswell? How is it going? I'm feeling a little better now, day 3 was hell. I was a beast and don't know how my kids are still talking to me (I was the mummy off scooby doo).
I can't help the odd weight check, so I know this is working but will post results on Wednesday.
Today I'm motivated and this site is full credit to that, everyone who posts should take a pat on the back because it's invaluable for us week 1ers.......soooo thankyou!!
Good luck to us all

Likealobster - we started on the same day! So you are on day 5 aswell? How is it going? I'm feeling a little better now, day 3 was hell. I was a beast and don't know how my kids are still talking to me (I was the mummy off scooby doo).
I can't help the odd weight check, so I know this is working but will post results on Wednesday.
Today I'm motivated and this site is full credit to that, everyone who posts should take a pat on the back because it's invaluable for us week 1ers.......soooo thankyou!!
Good luck to us all

Hi flowey,
Yeah, I am loving it at the minute. I too found it hard on the 2/3rd day. my poor bf got most of it but I must admit, I also had very little patience with my niece and nephews!:ashamed0005: but that is a small price to pay as far as I am concerned (hope they agree!)

I've had an at home weight check this morning and if my scales are the same as my CDC's then I have lost a stone already! I know it is a 1st week bonus but it defo brings my BMI down :D

The forum has been invaluable to me. Both for motivation and encouragement but also for info and idea about how to make the shakes/get round problems etc.

It will definitely be good to see how we both get on Flowey having started at the same time. I'll send a friend request so we don't lose each other
x

When i did CD last time my old CDC said Earl Grey Tea is ok but its flavoured with bergamot which is orange isn't it? Can someone help can i have Earl Grey as I found a Green Tea variety and its quite nice. Thanks

I myself just drink normal tea and water - but i am SS+ so i have red milk intake. Couldnt do without a hot drink in this horrible cold season!!!

I'm normally a tea drinker (white with two sweeteners as a rule) but I can't drink ordinary black tea on this diet - the tannin is just horrid and make my mouth feel weird. I'm surviving on (very) mild black instant coffee with one sweetener. (My CDC says sweeteners are fine.) I did buy two packets of tea bags in Asda yesterday - nettle and green - but I've yet to try them!

Plain peppermint tea can be a bit strong. I drink peppermint & nettle together. Sounds weird but really yummy.

Back