Help Needed

Kwise1

 THE WISE ONE 
Newbie here!
I have done SW on numerous occasions and started again as a new years resolution.
But, I have only lost 6lbs. Since 21st Jan my weight has stayed the same which is really getting me down. Previously my weight has continuously reduced which is great .
Any help or motivation would be greatly appreciated as I have today gone completely off course and been naughty!

Kx

Don't worry K it happens - Sometimes the weight takes time to come off. I understand how you feel as i'm still trying to get the weight off that i gained over Christmas. Have patience it should start coming off again if you continue to be good. How about trying to do some exercise as well as SW?

You said you've been naughty and gone off course but don't worry you can get it back under control, Don't turn a bad day into a bad week, just try to forget about your bad day and move on. :)

Sum X

Thankyou Sum,
It is just so frustrating when the scales just won't budge! I will be back on track though. Not a great exercise person so not sure how I would do this.
Have made some jelly sweets though for my sweet tooth!!
Just wondered if it was down to doing extra easy meals??

Kx

Kwise, don't worry! It's all going in the right direction! I found that unless I did a food diary, I was going over without realising! Do you go to group? If you do they should have some food diary sheets, otherwise just do your own at home. I'm not into exercise either but we have got a Wii fit and I use that, also I'm trying to walk everywhere where possible! :) Good luck xxx

I don't do EE meals anymore either - Have a go at maybe doing green or red days this week. Hoepfully that will get the weight to come off. And exercise wise even if its just some walking hopefully it will help to make a difference :)

ooohh Jelly Sweets sound so nice! Yummy!

Sum X

Thank you Katie
I used to go to club, but it has moved to a new site which is mot great to walk to when it is dark iykwim. I just don't feel safe- so I am going it alone at home.

After today's bad work day and naughty food available in our cupboards and me succumbing I will keep a diary, as u r right it does make a difference. It's a shame there isn't an app on my phone to do this on!!

Onwards and upwards

Kx

Thank you Katie
I used to go to club, but it has moved to a new site which is mot great to walk to when it is dark iykwim. I just don't feel safe- so I am going it alone at home.

After today's bad work day and naughty food available in our cupboards and me succumbing I will keep a diary, as u r right it does make a difference. It's a shame there isn't an app on my phone to do this on!!

Onwards and upwards

Kx

Aw yea I know what you mean when its dark, try and drag a friend along!! :)
Well I haven't done my diary today and I know i've gone over, but tomorrow everything is planned, including tea, and I try to save as many syns as possible for night time, as I tend to find thats when I crave choccy when i'm sat infront of the tv! xxx

I have tried to drag a friend along but it's not working lol. I will go back in the spring.

I plan my whole weeks main meals prior to shopping at Tesco. This works well for me as I have oodles of yummy recipes. That's why I don't know why the weight has stopped :-(

Will post food diary I think????

Kx

Yea, keep doing that and see if anyone can make any suggestions. How many syns do you normally use each day?
Think i'm going to plan everything like you - must make it so much easier when going shopping!! xx

Doing my menu now:
Fri- oriental mixed mushroom stir fry
Sat- egg, chips, beans
Sun- spaghetti Bol
Mon Sicilian Prawn Pasta
Tues- Jambalaya
Wed- sweet potato curry
Thurs - pork jalfrezi

Gonna order online!!

Sounds gorgeous especially the sweet potato curry, is that your own recipe? Or you get it from here? Xx

katiem said:
Sounds gorgeous especially the sweet potato curry, is that your own recipe? Or you get it from here? Xx

It is an old SW recipe - let me know if you want it - it is syn free!!!!

Kwise1 said:
It is an old SW recipe - let me know if you want it - it is syn free!!!!

Yes please sounds lovely!! Xx

Hi Kwise1 I know just how you feel but just keep going. I used to go to SW many years ago when it was just the red/green plans and lost a lot of weight well 2 and half stone. But yes you guessed it when I stopped going piled it all back on. So I am back on it again, but only lost 1lb last week on week three so seems a bit slower than before. It is very difficult when those scales dont budge but just keep in mind that if you carry on as you are you will lose weight eventually. Have a good weekend and keep going you will get there!

hollys nan said:
By the way, I'm not doing the EE just red and green

Hi Hollys Nan,
Thankyou. I know in the back of mind it works as like you I used to do it when only green and red plans existed. I went to 8 stone 10 the first time ( but was exercising too ). The second time post son I went to 9 stone 4lb which was just under target after weighing 16 and a half stone!!! This time after daughter I wouldn't weigh myself after I hit 17 and a half stone and 1 month to giving birth lol. I am now 11st 11 but had a sneaky weigh in today and have lost 1 lb- I hope it doesn't come back tomorrow lol

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

katiem said:
Yes please sounds lovely!! Xx

Hi Katie , sorry for the delay
Sweet Potato Curry (serves 2) 0 syns on a green day

340g sweet potatoes , peeled and diced
1 small red onion, chopped
1/4 pint vegetable stock (1 cube)
85g fresh baby spinach ( I put more in!)
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 large pinch dried chillier
1/2 tsp each of medium curry powder, ground coriander, ground cumin
1 beefsteak or 2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 tblsp chopped coriander
Very low fat natural yogurt
Basmati rice

Place sweet potatoes, onion & stock in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Cook for 5 mins

Add garlic, chilli and dried spices to mixture stir and cook for 2 mins

Put rice on

Add tomatoes, fresh coriander & spinach to the pan. Put lid on. Cook. Stir on occasions.

Serve with yogurt - dee- lish!!!

Kx

Kwise1 said:
Hi Katie , sorry for the delay
Sweet Potato Curry (serves 2) 0 syns on a green day

340g sweet potatoes , peeled and diced
1 small red onion, chopped
1/4 pint vegetable stock (1 cube)
85g fresh baby spinach ( I put more in!)
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 large pinch dried chillier
1/2 tsp each of medium curry powder, ground coriander, ground cumin
1 beefsteak or 2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 tblsp chopped coriander
Very low fat natural yogurt
Basmati rice

Place sweet potatoes, onion & stock in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Cook for 5 mins

Add garlic, chilli and dried spices to mixture stir and cook for 2 mins

Put rice on

Add tomatoes, fresh coriander & spinach to the pan. Put lid on. Cook. Stir on occasions.

Serve with yogurt - dee- lish!!!

Kx

That sounds gorgeous gonna try that when we next go shopping! Just a quick question will it still be nice without the spinach, not keen on it lol xx

I don't know Hun, you could try it- the spinach doesn't taste spinachy in it though as it wilts down and takes on the other stronger flavours. Baby spinach is sweeter also.

See what you think and let me know

Kx

Ps I have entered a few recipes but no one has replied sniffle.
Also how do you add to the dessert recipes on the sticky thread - I don't get the option to do this - do you?

And recipe should say cumin and not cumi as I badly typed lol

Back