help needed

sv1711

ive currently been doing slimming world for 4 months and in this time ive lost 7 pounds the first wk then gained 3 pounds so a total of 4 pounds. i havent clicked with my consultant and feel im wasting my money as ive done sw before and lost much more so thinking off doing it alone does anyone know of any support pages sites appart from here ie fb or something as i struggle thru the day the most thanx xx

Hi

So is the fact that you haven't clicked with your consultant stopping you losing weight as well as you'd like? She is there for a couple of hours in the whole week so I don't see how that can be such an influence.
We have people at my group who don't like our consultant but they lose weight well. I don't see how it's a waste of money though, only you can lose the weight, a consultant can't do it for you.

Admittedly if the consultant is really motivating it can make a difference but from one week to the next I don't hear from, or think about, my consultant.

As for support pages, I don't think you get better than on here! A lot if groups have their own fb page and there is an official SW fb page but I think that's it!

I agree with the previous post.

It's up to u and only u to lose the weight. Yes it's nice if u get on well with ur consultant but I know so many ppl that don't or ppl that don't even stay in meetings, they just weigh and go and it doesn't upset their weight loss

We will be here for u to offer support if u want to do it alone. I haven't came across a better support system than here

But I think that maybe you could be using ur consultant as an excuse for not losing the weight U want to lose ?
I know I've put the blame on other ppl/things in the past when I had poor weight loss but it got to the point where I had to stop lying to myself and just DO IT for myself, and here I am 5 stone lighter.

U can do it. We r here to help xx

i think the prob is i dont gel with her so im not bothered and motivated. i wanna do it for myself and try but then i stay for the meeting and come out feeling ive wasted 2 hours as if i try ask for help she just glazes over and goes to the next person as she dont even remember my name so i then binge eat and defeat what im trying to achieve. i think trying to do it by myself and with online support not where i end up feeling worthless will work for mw better xx

U can try two things.

1. Change to a different group and see how that goes.

Or

2. Do it urself and really motivate urself with our support and see what works for u.

Here's a few tips

- buy two jars and decorative stones. On one jar write 'lbs to lose' and fill it up with the amount of stones for each lb u wish to lose, on the second jar write 'lbs destroyed' and each time u lose a lb then transfer one stone from the 'lbs to lose' jar into the 'lbs destroyed jar'.
Keep these jars somewhere u will look every day so u can see ur progress :) I keep mine on kitchen windowsill.

- get colourful paper and make a 9 week Xmas count down chart with a goal that u want to lose each week. And each week that u weigh in write on ur chart what I've achieved each week. Stick this on ur wall somewhere that u will see every day and also print out a lot of motivational pics (either from google/ or personal pic) and stick these around ur chart to help give u motivation each day. My 'motivational wall' is also in my kitchen. It stops my sneaky hands picking up food :)

- finally. 'Write everything down'!!!!! It makes a huge difference

Good luck!!

yeh i think the problem is i suffer from binge eating and am waiting for therapy for it and have recnetly been diagonsed with bipoler so am very up and down can have few days 110% then cave in an go off the rails and dont care depends how my mood is, im also trying a variety of drugs that not only make me gain weight but make me feel rubbish. i just feel that instead of spending the fiver wk i would b more motivated if i see the money pilling up and thinking of new thin clothes to buy, but thanx for all the replies xx

I cant really say any more than the other ladies have said, I think honeypop's ideas are brilliant. You say you don't want to waste the fiver every week and would rather see the money building up. Would you really save the money? or would you spend it on food to binge on? You have to try and be strong as only you can get yourself out of the never ending circle that you seem to be in. You may think people are being harsh,but sometimes it takes an outsider to really make you see/think about what you are actually doing.

Make yourself a Mantra - think to yourself I can do this, I will do this and no one will stop me. All the help and support you need outside your class is here. It's a brilliant site with some fabulous people and threads. Use it as your bible - I know im addicted. Good Luck

Also have a look through some of the old threads on here cos there have been a few since I started to post in June about people doing SW who have bipolar too. It may be helpful to get their perspectives on it. Alternatively buddy up with some of the folk on the challenge threads eg I am on the 2.5stones to lose and you get to know what's going on for people a bit more than the general boards. The biggest challenge to losing weight is less about will power and more about getting the attitude which keeps you on track. You have taken the first major step in committing and actually losing some weight so maybe you need to focus on small achievable goals. Not sure how much you have to lose as I'm on my phone and can't see but just focus on each week, then each 7lbs and before you know it you'll be getting through the pounds. I appreciate it can be much harder when your mood feels unpredictable but if you are in a down phase, those are the times when you could make yourself choose some more easily achievable goals which may just be about making sure you are 100% on your meals and sticking to a max of 15 syns whilst on up days you could take advantage if having more energy and getting out and doing some exercise. It would probably be helpful to write out those goals when your mood is more neutral then you can just refer to them when you are in either phase. I wish you all the best and also want to say try and stick with it cos apart from anything else, if you do and you start to see some numbers you want to see on the scales it may just give you a boost and will spur you to keep going. Good luck. :)

Back