help needed!

AnneJ66

Never give up
hello, new 2 all this so bare with me. need 2 lose 3stone, feel fat, frumpy, unattractive and disgusted with myself. been on c.d. last year n did quite well but then got complacent n put most of the weight i lost back on. im ok wen im in2 the diet, but just cant 4 the life of me get goin this time. wot the hell is wrong wit me????? PLEASE HELP. thanx. x

Hi Doz

As a veteran of all diets, all I can say is that you arent in the 'zone' yet - whatever that is. I had terrible trouble motivating myself. Maybe its the thought of going back on the Cambridge Diet? Perhaps if you did something group related like Slimming World or Weight Watchers, it might be easier - you get group encouragement. Good luck with whatever you decide.

thanx very much 4 that, i'll take it on board n mite do the w.w thing. feel alot beta 2day so hay-ho anotha day - keep smilin!!!!! thanx very much for takin the time 2 reply, sumtimes its just knowin that theres lots of others out there goin thro the same thing!! x

This website is full of us! You are not alone and you are doing it without surgery which I had to have! I dont regret it for a second but I know its not for everyone - good luck and chin up. One day at a time:D

Note down why you want to loose the weight. And how much you want to loose, and keep this somewhere you'll see it daily. For example in the kitchen.

Also take a picture of yourself now and keep it again somewhere you can see it daily.

Never ever doubt yourself or your plan, you can do it. Try to include one free meal a week, where you can, within reason, give into cravings or eat anything you want to. But limit what it is and how much, this way you'll work towards this treat each week and each time you have it, you'll feel bad for eating it thus motivating you to keep going! Also you can try getting rid of everything high-calorie from your house, and don't have a secret stash of chocolate or sweets or anything, this will only annoy you!

But the best tool is self confidence and self motivation. Having a reason for doing it, trust me, can mean all the difference. Just doing it for the heck of it isn't good enough, because you'll soon trip up and stop. I guarantee it. So get writing down your goals and reasons and keep them visible.

Also keep yourself busy with something, if you're sitting around bored or watching TV chances are you're going to want to eat something. So do something to keep yourself busy.

Good luck!

Back