Help- new to lighter life!

EmmaS

6 days in and looking forward to my first weigh in tomorrow - but has anyone else had an uncomfortable build up on plaque behind their bottom teeth? I can't believe that something could happen so quickly so any help or advice would be appreciated....:confused:

The first couple of weeks, all sorts of strange things happen to your mouth digestive system and just about every other part of you! I had a thick build-up of white stuff on my tongue, which has now, thank goodness, gone completely. Basically, my theory is that we have all spent years throwing any old processed rubbish in our mouths and for the first week or so, all of our systems need to spend a lot of time re-adjusting to this new, nutritionally balanced eating plan. That means that things are bound to go a little haywire there for a while. Stick with it and things should quickly settle down. If it goes on for too long it might be a good idea to see your dentist as plaque build-up can lead to all sorts of nasty bacteria settling in your mouth and causing halitosis. We have enough of a problem with ketosis breath, so that would be doubly unappealing!

hang on in there ........ good advice from linze ............xx

Thanks for that - I must say that if that's going to be my only problem during this then I'm not getting off too badly! I'm quite excited about my weigh in tonight because i've already had to tighten all my bras!

Well done Emma for sticking to it is isnt easy the first week, and good luck for the future.

Back