• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Help on iTunes before I eat the Fridge

Sorry, I know this isn't about CD, but if I don't resolve the problem I will get really depressed and eat the contents of my fridge, while cooking the contents of my freezer for eating thereafter.

Earlier today I clicked on all the Yes's to upgrade my iTunes to the latest version, now most of my 11,250 tracks have an exclamation mark next to them, but I can manually find them an add them. What have I done wrong, or is there a quick way to get them back?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I had this, had to delete my entire library and add it again. Took about 20mins with 25000 songs xxx

Hi Leah,

How did you add it - ADD FOLDER TO LIBRARY ? Was that for the whole iTunes folder?

i was getting worried when i saw the title of this thread "Help on iTunes before I eat the Fridge" but now i see you did mean the contents!!!!!!!!!!!!

becky xxxxxxx oh cant help with the itunes havent a clue sry!!

If I get desperate, it will be the fridge too ;-)

Well i added the folder where i keep all my music :) I usually compartmentalise my hard drive and store my music, but normally it default saves in an itunes or "my music" folder xx

All my music is on an external hard drive, but the preferences are pointing to the right location. I will do a back-up in the morning and give the "delete all" and ADD A FOLDER a go.

Thanks a million Leah - I'll post back how I get on.

I think the fridge and freezer are safe for the moment Becky - but thanks for your support (and making me laugh when this grumpy)!

No probs, anytime chicken xxx

unreal83

Want to be a yummy mummy!
S: 13st10lb C: 13st10lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 33 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
It sounds like you have actually moved the songs from the original place where they were when you first added them to iTunes?

I think if you delete and add them again then the ! will disappear.

I think thats whats kinda been said already!! x

I hadn't moved them - I just upgraded to the latest version of iTunes and it all started then.

Anyway, ANOTHER HUGE THANK YOU TO LEAH ... it took 8 hours to back up my music to the central network drive, then the reload only took half an hour! I shall sort out my playlists this weekend when I have more time.

The fridge and freezer are safe :)

No problem hun, just proud of you for staying away from electricals in the kitchen :) xxx

Oops - I didn't own up to eating the dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer 'cos they are carb-free ;).

THEY ARE CARBTASTIC! xxx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lipotrim Forum 0
Introductions 1
General Weight Loss Discussion 4
Slimming World Off Topic 23
Slimming World 6