Help on recipe ideas please

icebaby

Hi,

Am struggling with recipes at the moment, after having my gall bladder out there is now some foods I simply cant eat.

I cant have anything with yeast in it, onions or peppers or too much fresh fruit, or infact any fresh fruit if it is on it's own (If I add yoghurt or icecream it's ok :confused::sigh:)

I keep looking at recipes and thinking 'ooooh' and then noticing that onion/pepper/breadcrumbs is a main part of the ingredients, and as for deserts either fruit and yoghurt or that yummy mix of greek yoghurt and options-although fabulous- are fast becoming boring.

Especially in winter stews with onion etc are main parts of most meals :(

I'm also a fair bit fussy with meat (I know that part is my own fault though) I find most meats either dry or fatty or just no taste at all.. I mainly eat chicken and mince, I'll have sausages on occasion and gammon only if it's practically falling apart. Fish is ok but all tastes the same to me in all honesty.

Anyone able to offer idea help?

Can you have leeks as you can replace onions with leeks for a slight oniony taste. Is it all types of onions ie shallots spring onions red onions etc

You can replace breadcrumbs with oats maybe and use it as a Hex or maybe crumbled ryvita or scan bran

I would just leave peppers out of things as I doubt you would notice the difference

What recipes do you want to adapt ?
Will you be able to eat them again soon is it just after the operation ?

Can you have leeks as you can replace onions with leeks for a slight oniony taste. Is it all types of onions ie shallots spring onions red onions etc

You can replace breadcrumbs with oats maybe and use it as a Hex or maybe crumbled ryvita or scan bran

I would just leave peppers out of things as I doubt you would notice the difference

What recipes do you want to adapt ?
Will you be able to eat them again soon is it just after the operation ?

I've not tried leeks, but all types of onion give me bad cramping pains and double me up, so i'm kind of scared of trying them, although I guess I wont know unless I try!

Ooh... I'll try the oats/ryvita.. I havent found anywhere that sells scan bran yet :confused:

I guess I just want to adapt some of the recipes here, any recipes really, some ideas for what I can make for meals now with me not being able to use those things, ideas for replacements etc.

I looks like it's a permanent thing to be honest, I'm going to see my doctor in a few weeks, but the operation was almost 5 months ago now and other things I couldnt eat straight after the operation I can eat now, so it does look like this could be a long term if not permanent thing. :(:(

I really miss bread. I never thought I would, but I miss bread SO much :(

Back