HELP please Coke Zero

PerfectPudding

Could someone please tell me if we are allowed aspartame? I know a lot of people drink coke zero but have just checked the ingredients and it contains aspartame? I know you have to avoid citric acid and coke zero has phosphoric acid just unsure of the aspartame thing as I'm sure on someone's thread it said it wasn't allowed?????

I hope it's allowed as I've had one can every couple of days as my treat!

I think the thing with the aspartame is because it can make some people hungry, and if that's the case it's best avoided. Also, I remember drinking lots of Diet Coke when I did WW and found that I lost less in a week where I drank loads, so don't know if that was because it had citric acid in it, or it made me retain loads of fluid or what.

Sure I read a thread where someone wrote it should be avoided as it can kick you out of ketosis? I really don't know now as I know lots of people drink coke zero? I'm not going to drink it til I know for sure lol x

Exante is the only VLCD that doesn't have aspartame in it so it's perfectly safe

Thank you hunni! Been looking forward to a nice cold glass lol fed up with water! Only having it as an occasional treat x

Hi. I asked exante via their website and they said they advise not too as it may knock you out of ketosis but they said everyone is different and some it may not. They also said if you needed it to keep going with the diet then to have it.

I have a can every day and check my ketosis stick regularly and I am still well in ketosis.

Hope it doesnt knock you out too, it definitely feels like a treat!

dazeddixie said:
Hi. I asked exante via their website and they said they advise not too as it may knock you out of ketosis but they said everyone is different and some it may not. They also said if you needed it to keep going with the diet then to have it.

I have a can every day and check my ketosis stick regularly and I am still well in ketosis.

Hope it doesnt knock you out too, it definitely feels like a treat!

Thank you hunni, I was sure I had read it somewhere! Lol I thought I was going mad lol I haven't had any yet but if I do I'll be checking my ketones, I know a lot of people say the sticks are unreliable but the ones I have have been really good, showing no ketones first few days and gradually showing traces, then moderate now large amounts of ketones so I'll know if it even causes a dip x

Hi Pudding where do you get your ketostix from? I would like to get a few and don't really know where to go for them!

AaronCampbell said:
Hi Pudding where do you get your ketostix from? I would like to get a few and don't really know where to go for them!

Hi ya ,
I got mine from Amazon hun I think they were £5 for 100 sticks x

Back