Help please eating on xenical

Jessikah

Long story short, I've suffered with eating all my life @ 15 I was anorexic but soon got better. I have always had a slim frame 6/8 uk size, I fell pregnant with my daughter & went to a size 14 which I look huge (I'm only 5'2) I couldn't shift the weight as when I had eating problems theirs foods I just can't touch like most fruits & veg (ironic) although I am getting better, I can eat apples, grapes, carrots & potatoes bad I know but I've tried & tried other veg/fruit & I just end up vomiting! I need help could I have slim fast 3 times a day with xenical tablets for just a few weeks then replace one slim fast with a healthy-ish meal after I've dropped a few pounds I want to loose roughly 3 stone! I also walk around 8 miles a day :) xx

As it is your doctor who will prescribe Xenical, it would be best to ask him/her for a diet plan to go alongside these tablets.

Hi and welcome. I don't think it's recommended to have only 3 shakes a day and nothing else, I don't think you'd be getting enough nutrition that way. Why not try 2 shakes and a healthy dinner with the Xen? I know some people here have had good losses doing that. Doctors can be notoriously useless at telling you what diet to follow on Xenical, although maybe yours will be the exception! Read the stickies here for loads of advice, follow the rules of not more than 5g of total fat per 100g, no more than 45g of fat per day and you'll be losing pounds in no time. Good luck,

KB x

Short answer no you can't

Slim fast is not a meal replacement plan you need to have a meal a day

If you're happy to just live on shakes then I'd recommend a proper VLCD like Exante or CD

Slim fast is not a meal replacement plan you need to have a meal a day

Totally agree. You NEED to eat Sensible food, food that is low in fat and healthy. Drinking 3 shakes a day will not do you any good in the long run, those sorto f diets are designed in a certain way and need to be followed properly. So if you do Slim Fast then do 2 shakes a day and one healthy meal.
It means that when you start re-introducing food and 3 times a day meals back into your diet it isnt so much a shock to your system and also you wont put all the weight back on.

Back