Help please, not losing!

Kayemm555

Hi everyone, hope you don't mind me posting here. I started ccing in January and posted here a few times, lost a stone and then had a blip and managed to put it back on plus another 7lbs!

I started again 3 weeks ago and lost 7lbs in the first week which I was really pleased with but have lost nothing in the two weeks since :( I am 5"4 and now 195lbs so have four stone to lose, and thought it would come off quicker with all the changes I've made!

I'm having 1200 net calories mon-fri and 1350 net on sat/sun. Also exercising 6 days a week (started 3 weeks ago) doing between 20-40 mins of zumba or cardio. Has anyone else had the same thing happen or can shed any light?

Many thanks xx

Hi, I'm no expert but you seem to be dong everything right & a 7lb weight loss is wonderful. Are you recording all your calories? If so all I can say is hang on in there, it may be that your body is adjusting. Good luck on your journey. :)

Hey hun, maybe its with such the big loss in the first week, wen ive dieted before thats happend to me, i lost a huge amount the first week then nothing for weeks, just keep going, it has 2 come off!

Ive been going wrong on CC, i was eating 800-1000 cals a day but going on the wii everyday for 30 mins, and i put a pound on and couldnt shift it, ladies on here told me to up the calorie intake, i did and the next day id lost the pound, its all trial and error xx

Hi its sounds like ur body is holding on to ur weight as its not getting enough calories with all the exercise ur doing. I would either decrease the exercise a bit or up the calories and continue with the exercise. I do 16k twice a day on my exercise bike only takes 30 mins each time but altogether burns over 1000 calories. Ur body will just hold on to everything if u dont have the balance right. Good luck :))

Thanks everyone for your replies :) I've had a bit of an 'off' day today after feeling despondent but will get back on it tomorrow and try decreasing the exercise a bit and see how it goes, fingers crossed x

Kayemm555 said:
Thanks everyone for your replies :) I've had a bit of an 'off' day today after feeling despondent but will get back on it tomorrow and try decreasing the exercise a bit and see how it goes, fingers crossed x

Double check your calories - with your height and weight they sound a little low? Are you using MFP to log everything? Are your choosing healthy food?

I know what it's like being stuck it's just finding a small tweak that works for you - I stopped eating my exercise calories and reduced wine and I've started losing again

Good luck

Thanks lovehatecarbs, i am logging everything on mfp. Have made such big changes and is seems like for nothing! But won't give up, will make a few small changes and see what works :)

Good luck hun xxx

hi - yes logging on MFP helps me also the advice about upping the cals as your body maybe going into starvation mode and hence not losing. Maybe post a menu on here and we can help?

Back