Help please weight on??

littlemissthin

:( very sad this morning as I've out on 3lb this morning I'm 4 and 1/2 weeks into the diet and had lost 13 1/2 pound, last 2 weeks I've only lost a pound a week and now looks like I'm putting it on.. I have been eating the same thing and having very minimal carbs only from the cheese mayo and onions and the odd carb that's in meat, also says I'm not in ketosis, how is this possible with just ,eating meat eggs and chicken at 3 regular meals not being greedy or anything.... Anyone have any advice.....? Feel like all my hard work is gonn go to waste xx

First of all dont believe ketosis strips - they are notoriously unreliable! What about the other signs of ketosis?

Anyway, lots of reasons to put on:
Totm water retention
Having sugar free goodies or other "frakenfood"
Too much salt (water retention)
Too little water (water retention)
Lots of exercise (water retention)
Eating an absolutely mind blowing number of calories (atkins says dont count calories not calories dont count)
Booze
Body just feels like it......:p

All of which says.....it's most likely water and will come off unless you have crab creep or indulging in sf stuff. Not sure if you are keeping a daily menu but suggest you either have a diary here or use something like MFP - then we can check for you

Dont panic, keep going, good luck!

Hiya, I think 13.7lb is amazing! It is my week 4 today and ive lost just over 7lb the whole time !!! That is sticking so rigidly to induction it's unreal - the past fortnight I have battled with the same 2lb going on and off - so I feel your frustration. Like Kat1e said ... try OWL I have gone to first rung this week and finally lost the 2lb that has been bothering me ... give it a go .. and well done on getting the book. I don't think I could have done it without x

First of all dont believe ketosis strips - they are notoriously unreliable! What about the other signs of ketosis?

Anyway, lots of reasons to put on:
Totm water retention
Having sugar free goodies or other "frakenfood"
Too much salt (water retention)
Too little water (water retention)
Lots of exercise (water retention)
Eating an absolutely mind blowing number of calories (atkins says dont count calories not calories dont count)
Booze
Body just feels like it......:p

All of which says.....it's most likely water and will come off unless you have crab creep or indulging in sf stuff. Not sure if you are keeping a daily menu but suggest you either have a diary here or use something like MFP - then we can check for you

Dont panic, keep going, good luck!

Agreed.

Most likely culprit is water, for whatever reason. You would have had to overeat by a whopping 10,500 calories in that week for it to stand a chance of being fat, and I'll bet you didn't do that!

All the same, it's as well to do a review of what you're doing when things aren't panning out quite as expected. Are you:

- eating at or close to 20 net carbs per day, 12-15 of them from Induction vegetables?

- eating enough good fats? You should be getting 60-70% of your calories daily from those.

- eating a lot of dairy and/or processed meat? Both of those can upset some people and cause them to stall.

- eating enough food? Atkins doesn't centre on calorie-counting, but the occasional spot-check is a good idea. I had to track my food in the early days because the appetite-suppression of this diet meant that I would have been living on 800-900 calories per day if I had relied on appetite, and that would NOT have been good long-term.

- drinking enough water? If you don't, your body will hold on to the water it has, hence apparent weight gains.

If you're not doing accurate tracking at the moment (via a free online account like Fitday) I would recommend it, at least for a while just so you absolutely know that you're following the programme correctly. It's a pain to weigh/measure everything you eat, but I found that my eye-balling and guesstimating of quantities was horribly off for many things, and when you only have 20 net carbs to play with each day, there isn't much room for error.

Anyway, there ends my essay :p Good luck....and I'll bet it's only water :)

Thanks everyone :) to be honest I may not be drinking enough water as I was first few weeks, I have also started doing a lot of exercise too, I will out down my usual daily intake and see what you all think, I do check all packs and stuff to make sure no sugar and stuff -
Breakfast 2 boiled eggs with butter and 2 slice of bacon (sometimes have 3 eggs no bacon)
Lunch chicken breast cut up with mayo and onion and a cup of baby leaf lettuce . Or tuna or egg or frozen prawns.
Dinner steak or pork or chicken with maybe half cup of grated cheese onion and mayonnaise.
If I have any snacks I tend to have chicken drumsticks. I also have a cup of tea at night with sucrose sweeteners and soya milk.
There's portion sizes are normal portions I'm not going over board or anything.
Got the book hopefully coming tomorrow :) I love this diet so far and find it so easy to stick to just hope I can get it right :)
Xx

Thanks everyone :) to be honest I may not be drinking enough water as I was first few weeks, I have also started doing a lot of exercise too, I will out down my usual daily intake and see what you all think, I do check all packs and stuff to make sure no sugar and stuff -
Breakfast 2 boiled eggs with butter and 2 slice of bacon (sometimes have 3 eggs no bacon)
Lunch chicken breast cut up with mayo and onion and a cup of baby leaf lettuce . Or tuna or egg or frozen prawns.
Dinner steak or pork or chicken with maybe half cup of grated cheese onion and mayonnaise.
If I have any snacks I tend to have chicken drumsticks. I also have a cup of tea at night with sucrose sweeteners and soya milk.
There's portion sizes are normal portions I'm not going over board or anything.
Got the book hopefully coming tomorrow :) I love this diet so far and find it so easy to stick to just hope I can get it right :)
Xx

Sounds like you have the basics under control - cutting out the sugary and starchy stuff and concentrating on your fat and protein. You're sorely lacking in the vegetable department by the seem of it, but once you have the book you'll know which ones to eat and in what quantities, then you can adapt your menu accordingly.

Couple of tweaks here and there and you'll be right on plan. Good luck! :D

Little update , I have now got the book and the Atkins tracker app, it says today I've had 106g of fat! 1600 cal!! And 149 g of protein, also bang on my 20g carbs mostly coming from broccoli and onion, does this sound right???? Or am I going way over??? Xx

That sounds about right to me, I found it very hard to get my head round at first but it definitely works :)

Back