Help please

sarahandmolly

Gold Member
Hi all :wavey:

Just after a bit of advice really, I am re-joining SW today and of course boosting my exercise. What I want to know is, I had a C Section in 2007 with my 1st and last little girl ;) at the bottom of my tummy I have a numb part - will I be able to tone this up with exercise etc I know I have to work on my core to get the results I want. Does anybody have any specific exercises / tips to help me achieve a lovely flat toned lower tummy??

Thanks in advance x

Hello SarahandMolly

Im not sure about the numb part. Did it cut nerves? Is that why you're numb?I would think it should tone up. What about hula hooping - the weighted ones? If you hold your tummy muscles in as you hula then they should tone up and your little one will want to join in.

Hello

Not sure about the c-section stuff but I do know that you can tone up the tummy muscles as much as you want but if you don't lose the fat over the top of them you will never have a flat tummy. I would try and get lots of cardio in to burn the fat but also do some specific tummy exercises so that it is toned when the fat goes away! (sit-ups, the plank, hula hooping anything like that). Also, any exercises you do to work on your muscles such as resistance/weights work or the tummy exercises will mean you produce more muscle and the more muscle you have the more calories you can burn in a day.

So keep on with the diet but get some cardio in too and hopefully you will see some results. (Though please correct me if I am wrong guys!) Good luck! x

Thanks very much - I will have a go at what you have suggested and see how I go :)

Yes the C Section is exactly the same as a hysterectomy! They totally rip your muscles. It's only slightly numb but its bloody annoying... :D xx

Back