Help please????

Sara4

Gold Member
Hi I am from the Lipotrim forum and I hoping to refeed in 5 days (can't wait :D). Anyway I am hoping to do low fat from there (I lost 4 stone doing ww years ago). I am not a good cook at all! So I have bought myself to basic cookery books and the receipes look amazing (expecially since I haven't eaten in 7 weeks!). I was hoping I could pick all you low fat queens' brains!

So my questions are:
1) If the receipe asks for cream ....is there a low fat alternative?
2) If it asks for milk can I use low fat or skimmed?
3) When it says use butter or marg.....marg would obviously be better....would any of you recommend a brand that is better for cooking?

Thanks in Advance
Sara
xx

Hey hun not on WW as you know but..

In recipes that call for cream you can use low fat creme fraice - they sell it beside the milk

It depends on the recipe in regards to milk - but if you have time to mess around with recipes - try skimmed first

Im pretty sure that the only butter/marg you cant use for cooking is the flora really really light one. Again if you can mess around with recipes use the lowest in fat alternative

Thanks ally! Should have known you'd know the answers!!!!

Was going to suggest the creme fraische option and semi skimmed milk but Im curious, why cant you use the lowest fat Flora marg??

It says on the packet not suitable for use in cooking Sandy cos its the one i use and i have used it on new potatoes before and although its edible like that its not like normal.

WW actaully do their own creme fraiche now which is even less points than the low fat one and tastes fine :D

Hey vodka999 where do you get the ww creme fraiche? I am in Ireland but do you get it in Tescos? Or where? I haven't seen it.

Thanks

I got mine in Morrisons it was with the regular stuff it was only 1/2 point per 30g :D

Back