HELP PLEASEEEEESE!!

kellmo

Gold Member
Hi all,

As you may know I am taking my girls to Disneyland Paris later today and I was planning to take my shakes with me. I have now realised that taking shakes is just not going to be practical or realistic, I'll have to sit there and watch them eat breakfast, dinner and tea whilst I sit in restaurants shaking my shaker thingy!!

I have realised that I need a planned break as its only for 4 days and I can get straight back on the wagon on Saturday.

I REALLY REALLY need some help on what to eat as I have been so focused on eating my sns that real food has never been an issue.

I obviously know protein, eggs, veg but aside from that I'm stumped!! What should I avoid at all costs or should I have a 'bit of what I fancy.' so I feel I've actually had a break??

Please help, we leave at 4pm and I feel so hungry after not finishing my tea last night (the spicy spaghetti knocked me a bit sick for some reason?)

Thanks,

Kellmo x

Hi all,

As you may know I am taking my girls to Disneyland Paris later today and I was planning to take my shakes with me. I have now realised that taking shakes is just not going to be practical or realistic, I'll have to sit there and watch them eat breakfast, dinner and tea whilst I sit in restaurants shaking my shaker thingy!!

I have realised that I need a planned break as its only for 4 days and I can get straight back on the wagon on Saturday.

I REALLY REALLY need some help on what to eat as I have been so focused on eating my sns that real food has never been an issue.

I obviously know protein, eggs, veg but aside from that I'm stumped!! What should I avoid at all costs or should I have a 'bit of what I fancy.' so I feel I've actually had a break??

Please help, we leave at 4pm and I feel so hungry after not finishing my tea last night (the spicy spaghetti knocked me a bit sick for some reason?)

Thanks,

Kellmo x

Damage limitation unless you want to have a blow out? It really is a personal choice?
Either be good - protein, list of veg, eggs, tofu, and what I do is stick my shake into a coffee when we are out? Have a bar?
Or come off plan - have a 4 day stint off plan and have what you fancy either within reason or not and then get back to it as soon as you are able..
Only you can decide, you know whats best for you and what is workable.

Enjoy your trip whatever you do, it sounds fabulous!

Honestly I would have a little bit of what I fancy but not go mad. Maybe if you have a burger for lunch have a salad for tea kind of thing.

It's your holiday so enjoy it, but think how you will feel if you come back with a massive gain - if you're okay with that then go for it, enjoy yourself. If you're not okay with that then limit yourself but not so much you don't enjoy your holiday.

X

Steal clear of anything carby!! Stick with meat fish and salads and green veg! Breakfasts like scrambled egg and bacon no toast lots of salads for lunch then dinner avoid the potatoes as chips! If you fancy a treat take down bars with you! Avoid alcohol completely low fat cheeses is ok as is skim milk! Follow the Dukan way! It will be a doddle in France as long as you can avoid the French bread argjhh lol but bread is the worst offender as is pasta! So if one might you fancy a naughty meal have baked potatoes or sweet potato if you can and avoid chips! and ice creams are mostly fats and not as bad carbs as long as its just vanilla so again maybe one in the whole week as a treat won't do too much harm!
Most of all enjoy! Don't stress too much as stress causes blow outs!!

Ahh thank you all so much. I don't think I'll be able to take my bars as I've got hand luggage only???

I don't really drink so that wont be a problem.

I've decided to come off plan and have ONE naughty meal, just one. Then I'm gonna stick to chicken, salad, fish, steak etc. I need to avoid bread at all costs but pasta doesn't really do it for me! I've got a hugely supportive husband and I just hope the restaurants will cater to fatties that want to be skinnies!!

I'm not going mad but I am going to relax a bit, I've done this for 6 weeks and truly feel I could do with a bit of a break from it all. I was so hungry this morning I ALMOST reached for the hot buttered toast but I managed to avoid and drink my shake, had a bar for lunch but my head isn't in the right space so I'm going to have an omelette before we go to the airport.

Thank you all so much!! You're stars x

Kellmo

P.s. the trip is a surprise for my children and I am BURSTING to tell them!

1stone 10lb lighter in 6 weeks :)

With an attitude like that you will do fine hun :) don't worry and remember if you stay low carb then most of the weight will be water glycogen! My oh is amazing too couldn't do it without him!! Just be prepared for the pain f a restart lol

bridie said:
With an attitude like that you will do fine hun :) don't worry and remember if you stay low carb then most of the weight will be water glycogen! My oh is amazing too couldn't do it without him!! Just be prepared for the pain f a restart lol

Ditto! Have a brilliant time!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Logged on quick to say just ate in Disneyland, avoided fries and had mostly chicken and salad for 3 days. It's near impossible to eat healthily but I'm trying!!! Disney is. WONDERFUL though!

Have a great time and just try your best! Great place to be!

Hey all I am back!!!!

I weighed myself first thing today and I have gained 6lbs. This is really ok, there were several times during the holiday that i just couldn't physically choose something healthy. It was chips, burgers, pizzas or some other trash. I allowed myself one treat meal (pizza) and I admit I did have some of my children's chips. The breakfasts at the hotel were dire, no bacon, eggs, veg, the fruit was all tinned in syrup! I had special k (only full fat milk) and toast with lots of processed ham, it had to be done, I walked for miles and miles and miles around Disney land so hopefully that helped!

I had my first shake this morning and I am so glad back on it!

I did have several chicken salads which were delicious but very expensive -EUR20 plus. The times the children had mcdonalds I got a salad and fresh fruit. I didn't drink alcohol at all (not interested in it really) although I caved and had some maltesers at the airport yesterday :-(

I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I had 80% times where I chose the healthy meal but at the airport for instance my choices were McDonald's, pizza hut or ham baguette, the baguette won!

Hope you're all well!!!

I can't wait to get back into this!

Kellmo x

I think you were amazingly resered!! And 6lb ptshhh all water weight lol!! You'll have that off by next week I recon :)

bridie said:
I think you were amazingly resered!! And 6lb ptshhh all water weight lol!! You'll have that off by next week I recon :)

I hope so! We're off to Wales next Saturday so I can take all my meals with me and carry on as planned, possibly with extra protein/coke zero!!!

Thanks a lot x

kellmo said:
I hope so! We're off to Wales next Saturday so I can take all my meals with me and carry on as planned, possibly with extra protein/coke zero!!!

Thanks a lot x

Well done and a pat in the back for you! You are doing great, keep up the determination and you will have great results, you have already shown that by your first 6 weeks!

Well done Kellmo a 6lb gain is nothing and as already said you'll have that back off this week. you're really committed getting straight back onto the shakes. good luck x x

Thank you! Almost at end of day 2 now, have had some children round and serve them sandwiches, crisps eyc but I wasn't bothered by them. However, my sister came round and cooked lunch for her and my husband and it looked DELISH! She did chicken breast, quoinea(sp?) with avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, garlic and other healthy veg. I was so jealous, I miss proper healthy foods more than I do junk food.

Also, when in Paris I forgot my bloody pill so I came on, I'm hoping my messed up periods won't cause me to much grief!

Thank you for your support everyone, it means a lot x

Back