Extra Easy Help! Prep work for weekend away!

212degrees

112lbs lost - 28 to go!
Hi all!

I'm on my first week so very keen to stick to this! I was going to put off joining because I'm going to the Download music festival for 4 days next week but bit the bullet and thought sooner rather than later.

This does however cause inner conflict as I want to enjoy it without stressing over food and weight but still want to stick to plan as much a possible. I'm fully aware I may gain the week after (that much alcohol and my willpower?!) but would like to try and limit damage as much as possible!

Any advice would be appreciated!

Think I'm going to take some hi-fi bars and apples with me for snackage and breakfast but any other suggestions?

Thanks muchly! X

Well done for joining - sometimes to you just have to seize the moment and do it when it feels right for you and not put it off any longer. I actually joined in the week between Christmas and New Year and everyone thought I was mad but I still managed to lose 2 pounds in that first week.

If you're very good before and after then I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at what the scales say - and just dont go mad on burgers and fried stuff. taking plenty of fruit and hi fi bars will help too. Also remember to drink plenty of water!

Good luck x

That's good advice, thank you! Water definitively! Was thinking/hoping to find a food van thing that will do chicken kebab or similar (never been to a festival before) so that would be good.

I think that's what I love about this way of eating - so much variety and spammy options. It's all about smart choices, just hope I can practice what I preach when I'm actually in that situation.

Guess I'm just nervous of my willpower!

Oooh that's an idea :) I love my meat bit would rather forego it for a couple of days (to a certain degree) than destroy my motivation and hard work do far :) thank you! Xx

Good for you for starting. I started the week before I went on holiday but I just needed to get through the door and know that I was starting (even if I did gain just 2 week in).
With regards you festival, I would try to stick to healthier options for breakfast and earlier in the day when your in your tent but when your through the gates it can be very hard to stay away from especially when the junk food stalls vastly outnumber stalls that have healthier options.

Try your best but don't let worrying about food ruin your enjoyment, if you find you've eaten some junk then when you get back you just draw a line under it and get back on plan.

Will do :) thanks! I'm glad I started when I did because there is ALWAYS a reason to put it off! Gonna keep on track up until the Friday, we're heading up there on the Thursday but going to pack a picnic for me and the boys for the journey with secret slimming world intentions lol! Keep mornings healthy with fruit and hi-fi bars and then take it from there.

Like you guys have said, straight back on plan on the Monday! Gonna make sure I have a nice filling SW friendly meal in the freezer so when we get back there's no excuse for a takeaway! :) x

Hey hun I have done download for the last few years - not this one tho :( - You will have an AWESOME time xxx

B - We usually cooked at the tent ( spahetti, beans, tomatoes, sausages all kept in a cool box with ice ok for a couple of days along with some yogurts), took apples as they last the journey or heat, def take some aplen bars. there is also a tesco / co-op in the town where you can get breakfast and it has scrambled eggs and grilled bacon and toms :)
Lunch and Dinner - In the arena there are loads of places to eat - Loads of baked potato, veggie stalls with falafels and salad, or I found a farm stall where I got some steak and onoins without the bread
night time snacks Whilst everyone was munching on pringles, haribo etc I took some mugshots and quavers ( 3or 4 syns)

I think when I was there I was drinking which TBH was hard to syn as there was a lot of it but by eating right I knew I had some kind of damage limitation and saved a bit of money as I cooked my breakfast and dinner.

Whatever you do have loads of fun and if you do over indulge - at least you had a ball and can get back on track once your hangover goes away :)

Lisa xx

Hey hun I have done download for the last few years - not this one tho :( - You will have an AWESOME time xxx

B - We usually cooked at the tent ( spahetti, beans, tomatoes, sausages all kept in a cool box with ice ok for a couple of days along with some yogurts), took apples as they last the journey or heat, def take some aplen bars. there is also a tesco / co-op in the town where you can get breakfast and it has scrambled eggs and grilled bacon and toms :)
Lunch and Dinner - In the arena there are loads of places to eat - Loads of baked potato, veggie stalls with falafels and salad, or I found a farm stall where I got some steak and onoins without the bread
night time snacks Whilst everyone was munching on pringles, haribo etc I took some mugshots and quavers ( 3or 4 syns)

I think when I was there I was drinking which TBH was hard to syn as there was a lot of it but by eating right I knew I had some kind of damage limitation and saved a bit of money as I cooked my breakfast and dinner.

Whatever you do have loads of fun and if you do over indulge - at least you had a ball and can get back on track once your hangover goes away :)

Lisa xx

Some great advice there xx

Wow thank you so much!

The drinking will not be synned, no point in kidding myself and best to go in with an honest approach :) but like you said, if I focus on the food then limit the damage!

Again thanks! Xx

Ps i am mega excited!

well done for joining, great ideas above, i would defo take loads of fruit, alpen lights, bottled water, diet drinks and drinking spirits will prob help too, i mean rather than beer or cider etc. My brother is going to download with his mates, its a great line up xx

Spirits seems to be better syn wise. I'm a west country girl so the call of the cider is in the blood! Lol!

The line up looks epic!

Really appreciate all the advice, thank you so much!

Back