Help! Sunday Lunch to Conquer!

laurawalker85

Hi,

I have a family lunch to attend which is in the pub and I have been looking at the menu and nothing seems to be very good for SW, so I wanted to know what you all felt would be a good idea? Menu below. They serve Sunday Roasts too, so maybe would that be a good idea but get them to put the gravy on the side? By the way I do the Red or Green days, not EE.

-Steak and Kidney Pie Creamy mash and seasonal vegetables
-Butternut Squash, Red Onion and Sweet Potato Risotto (v) Rocket salad
-Chicken Tikka Masala Pilau rice and Poppadoms
-Cumberland Sausages On creamy mash with gravy
-Seafood Skewer Salmon, hake, prawn, bell pepper and onion skewer on basmati rice, topped with lemon cream sauce
-Mozzarella and Red Pepper Stuffed Chicken Breast Wrapped in smoked streaky bacon, served with new potatoes, green beans and wild mushroom sauce
-Roasted Vegetable, Wild Mushroom and Goat’s Cheese Tart Sautéed potatoes and a mixed garden salad
-Fish and Chips Hake fillet in light crispy beer batter, with chips, garden peas and tartare sauce
-Oven Baked Whole Sea Bass Dauphinoise potatoes and seasonal vegetables
-Pan Fried Lamb’s Liver Mashed potato and onion gravy

Thank you.

:thread_moved: to Eating Out

Seafood Skewer Salmon, hake, prawn, bell pepper and onion skewer on basmati rice, topped with lemon cream sauce

Without the sauce, this would be free or very low syn!

I was thinking this too, fish is always best! Its going to be hard, but I have to get used to eating out and making sensible options! Scary thing is though is my weigh in is on Monday so I really hope it doesnt affect it!! arghh!

Yep, I concur, the seafood and rice without the sauce should be the best option. Call it an EE day and you'll be fine :)

Or the oven baked sea bass with vegetables but ask them for boiled potatoes (if they have them) and skip the dauphinoise.

i would have the seabass and ask them to not put the potatoes on and serve with a salad - i love fish when i go out mainly cos i cant cook it at home

Back