Help! Sweet recipes without dairy, please?

slimdreamer

Other than sf jelly/jello and meringues, does anyone have a sweet recipe that doesn't include dairy? Preferably no tolerants either. :(

Have a look on the recipe thread. I'm sure there are some biscuit recipes on there.

I suppose you could have meringue on Attack but myself I try and keep my sweetener consumption down to the level recommended by the official site. (although I'm not advocating that anyone else needs to as I don't want another worm incident :) )

MrsLyons - you can only eat meringue you make yourself from egg white and sweetener. They really don't taste or crunch much like shop bought meringue.

Slimdreamer
You can make sweet cookies from your oatbran.

Mix the oatbran with a little water, sweetener, a pinch and salt and 0 .5 tsp of mixed spice or dry ginger.

Microwave for one min, and allow to cool.

Pat the mixture into biscuit shapes on silicon paper, and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until brown and crispy

MrsLyons - you can only eat meringue you make yourself from egg white and sweetener. They really don't taste or crunch much like shop bought meringue.

Slimdreamer
You can make sweet cookies from your oatbran.

Mix the oatbran with a little water, sweetener, a pinch and salt and 0 .5 tsp of mixed spice or dry ginger.

Microwave for one min, and allow to cool.

Pat the mixture into biscuit shapes on silicon paper, and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until brown and crispy

I didn't mean that you could eat shop bought meringues:D

Thank you Atropos. I have been making the muffins with just a few tablespoons of yogurt or fromage frais. But I usually have them with a bowl of sweetened yogurt or fromage frais!

I have looked through the recipes on here as well as other sites to no avail. I have seen the custard recipes but that uses too many yolks for me. I don't have a cholesterol problem but I am a very slow loser so trying to cut down on yolks too.

I guess I'm looking for a sweetened yogurt substitute and it appears it may not exist. :(

There's a huge pile of them in the coffee shop opposite - white sugar hell!

Back