HELP!!! Syns for Italian

Lesley01

Hi All,

I'm a new user on MiniMins today, hoping for a bit of help :)

I am going out tonight for an Italian and wanted some help with what to eat! I know to go for a tomato based pasta to be safe.

I was thinking of having the below and wondered how many syns to account for it:

Starter:
Mussels with Tomato, white wine, garlic and Onion.

Main:
Pasta with Bacon, Onion, Chilli and Tomato.

I'm not drinking tonight so don't have that to worry about today.

Any suggestions / help would be much appreciated.

This is off the Slimming World website

• A great Italian starter is antipasto - a selection of meats such as Parma ham (½ Syn per 28g on Extra Easy and Original), olives (8 olives are 1 Syn), mozzarella (45g is a Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice), with accompanying vegetables such as artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes (28g is 1½ Syns) or salad leaves. Watch out for olive oil-soaked items.

• Minestrone soup is another tasty and filling starter at 6½ Syns on Extra Easy, Original and Green for an average portion. You’ll find our Free recipe righthere...

• Pasta dishes are fantastic options for an Extra Easy or Green day. Any ‘al Pomodoro’ pasta has a tomato and basil sauce (typical Syns per portion 3½ Syns) – a healthier option than the creamy sauces such as carbonara (average tagliatelle carbonara portion is 12½ Syns on Extra Easy and Green and 15 Syns on Original). An average portion of vegetable cannelloni is 9½ Syns on Extra Easy and Green and 17 Syns on Original, or spaghetti Bolognese is another fab option at 7½ Syns on Extra Easy and Green and only 10 Syns on Original.

• There are tons of meaty options in Italian restaurants too. With pork, steak and vealescalopes on the menu (Free when not in breadcrumbs) and tasty vegetables such as courgettes, tomatoes and peppers, you can easily pile your plate high for Free! Chicken dishes are popular too; try Chicken Cacciatore (average portion 8½ Syns on Extra Easy and Original, 28½ Syns on Green) or chicken wrapped in Parma ham (½ Syn per 28g on Extra Easy and Original if not in a sauce).
Delicious Italian breads such as ciabatta and focaccia contain up to 4 Syns per 28g, and an average garlic baguette is a whopping 31 Syns! Get your bread fix with breadsticks at 1 Syn each. Also watch out for high-Syn pizzas, creamy sauces and cheese-filled pasta.

That's Brill Thanks, will deffo go for the Pasta.

What do you think of the Mussels? (though they wouldn't be too bad as tomato based again)

I am going to put oil as my 'B' for the day to cover any they will be hiding lol :)

Back