HELP!! what does my the colour on my ketosis strip mean??

Status
Not open for further replies.

xSinead

Silver Member
Got weighed today, lost 3lb, very happy.
Also recieved my ketosis strips through the post so did 1 about 20 mins ago, the colour its showing is a mediam shade of purple (0.8 +++) on the chart!! I have no idea what this means? someone help! What colour should it be???

I don't bother with them, this may sound awful but I can tell when in ketosis by the smell of my urine.

Ew smelling your urine is disgusting.
Yep i text my CDC & she said the darker the colour on the strip the more in ketosis you are, so as mine was pretty dark purple, i'm all good :)

xSinead said:
Yep i text my CDC & she said the darker the colour on the strip the more in ketosis you are, so as mine was pretty dark purple, i'm all good :)

See I got told the darker the colour is the more dehydrated you are.
Different answers???

Nope i also got told the darker it is means you're dehydrated, but that stills mean you're very high in ketosis :)

Id ban those sticks personally. If you follow the plan youre in ketosis end of story and theres nothing you can do to speed the process up or get 'more' in ketosis. So long as youre in ketosis it doesnt matter in the slightest if the sticks are pink blue green or purple. If you follow the plan youll be in ketosis til you cheat or come off plan. Why waste money on sticks which are soooo unreliable and so many people stress over.

I don't agree with Starlight at all, but thanks for sharing your opinion :)

I thought you were either in ketosis or not, a bit like being pregnant. Your losses so far show you should be :)

lol thats it in a nutshell you cant be a wee bit in ketosis :)

I cant believe the number of people on here who use the sticks then go into meltdown when the sticks say theyre not in ketosis, when clearly they are. These diets are hard enough why add another stress to it. personally I have faith in my diet, I know if I stick to packs and nothing else Ill be in ketosis, peeing on a stick isnt going to change that

DO love your comparison Annie :)

I don't agree with Starlight at all, but thanks for sharing your opinion :)
I thought what Starlight said was fact, not an opinion! My CDC told me not to bother with them as if I stick to the diet, I'm going to be in ketosis - there isn't a grey area!

I thought there was a grey area as in the handbook for cd it said ss+ is only a mild ketosis whereas ss is a deep ketosis
Difference of opinion I guess

I thought there was a grey area as in the handbook for cd it said ss+ is only a mild ketosis whereas ss is a deep ketosis
Difference of opinion I guess
What I meant was, there isn't a 'oooh am I in ketosis?' grey area lol. You're either in ketosis when you stick to the plan (whether its deeply or mildly!) or out of ketosis if you come off it!

teamshelley said:
What I meant was, there isn't a 'oooh am I in ketosis?' grey area lol. You're either in ketosis when you stick to the plan (whether its deeply or mildly!) or out of ketosis if you come off it!

Agree. Any change of colour you are in Ketosis, whether it's a bright or dark. I know I am because I "forget" to eat.....don't need to pay money or pee on a stick to find that out lol

If some of us want to use sticks to see if we're in ketosis, i think we'll carry on to do so lol, my thread wasn't asking if it was a good or bad idea LOL, i clearly just wanted to know what the colour on mine meant. Thanks anyway!

I used them a few times, Have NEVER cheated but the daily difference was obvious on the sticks so I binned them I know I am in Ketosis and will be until god knows when as I wont be falling off the Cambridge wagon lol.
My CDC also said they are a waste of both time and money x

It's not like I stick my head in the toilet or anything, just when I go I can tell there is a clear difference in the odour when in ketosis.

Gonzo said:
It's not like I stick my head in the toilet or anything, just when I go I can tell there is a clear difference in the odour when in ketosis.

A lot of people who were on the forum before have said this. I tend to sweat a lot more when in Ketosis and when going into ketosis I always get real bad acne! Your urine smells different because its expelling the bad stuffs lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back