HELP!! whats best to choose from my christmas night out menu!!

Leaving_the_fat_suit!!

Changing forever!
Hey guys, need some advice!! im currently on my 3rd day of SSing and so far other than being slightly hungry at present ive managed to stick to it 110%! My problem is my work night out a week tonight (should be day 10 of ssing)....The night has cost me £30, and its a combined birthday night for one of our girls that ive helped organise so i really want to go. Im driver and i am happy drinking water all night. But my problem is.....yup food! ive decided im going to eat on the night but only starter and main and then get straight back into SSing......this is the menu and ive highlighted what i think i should eat....can i eat this and not cause great damage?? advice would be FANTASTIC!!!

actually i dont no which is best out of these starters......?????

Tomato and Basil Soup
Pork and Duck Terrine
with fig and onion chutney
Fantail of Ogen Melon (v)
with sorbet and fruit coulis

Main course.... (Thinking just the items in red i'll eat)
Roasted Norfolk Turkey with Apricot and Sausage Stuffing
and natural roasting gravy
Roasted Scotch Sirloin of Beef
with a rich port jus
Vegetable en Croute with a Basil Pesto (v)
Festive Seasonal Vegetables and Potatoes i'll just eat the green and white ones! promise!!

anyone think something else from the list is better??

cheers for your help!!

Hi there

Avoid the starters and of the main course I think you have chosen the right things.

Georgie
x

being naughty here but....if i was to eat starter which would be best?? i thought about just asking for the sorbet??? no melon or sauce tho.

If you are going to SS up to the actual day, you probably wouldn't be able to manage the starter as well. Just choose what you have already decided, and push it around your plate a bit xxx

The brutually honest answer is that none of them are a good option (in my opinion) so I wouldn't like to pick one, sorry hun!

Georgie
x

I'd go for tomato soup and just eat a few spoons of it, could be dangerous though as it might be a creamy one. I'd avoid the terrine, that will be very fatty. If I was going to have something from the melony one I'd ask for the melon without the other bits. I might not be right though, but I think the sorbet will contain more sugar than the melon.

The turkey and green and white veg sounds like the best choice of main, to me! Have fun and enjoy your night out :)

I agree with Porgeous, if it were me, personally, I would make the choices as you obviously have to tell the hotel what you want, but would feign an illness on the night, or go to the loo when the food is served, or find some way of getting out of it. When I was SSing, I did it 100%, went to parties, birthday celebrations at restaurants and just stated, where appropriate, that I wasn't eating anything and that was all there was too it. It depends on how your fellow guests will take this, and on how much you really want to SS. The longer you stay 100%, the quicker the weight loss.

I'd just do main although I'm being a goody goody and not eating on our Christmas doo (I'm a stay at home mum so it's just mums going out for 'tea')

If you do feel concious tell them you're avoiding the starter so you can really enjoy the main. Believe me, when you've had your first tiny portions of aamw you know you can't handle much xx

Back