Help why am i out of ketosis

poppys

Tested this morning and i'm out of ketosis.I had a very very small piece of chicken yesterday about a teaspoon as my cdc said this was ok if very hungry which i was.
I've totally ss for the past 7 weeks and this is the first piece of food that has passed my lips in 7 weeks.I didn't test the first wee of the morning and had had some water but wouldn't have expected them to be negative .Last week those ketones were there but now they've gone.
I've lost 26 lb in 5 weeks but as my cdc is away so i won't get weighed for another week so 3 weeks with no weigh in.
Any suggestions were my little ketones have gone because surely one very small piece of chicken wouldn't have made them disapear.
If i'd cheated then fair enough but i haven't it just not fair.
Come back little ketones i need you .

Thanks

It could be the water..how much did you drink? Maybe test again tomorrow morning with your first wee of the day! sorry i cant be more help. I dont think a piece of chicken would knock you out though.

becky xx

Thanks for reply becky .I only drank about 1/2 litre would that water it down that much.I had the opposite problem last week were it was dark purple in the morning despite drinking 5 litres a day.
I'm confused !!!!

No it wouldn't. Its only protein and my counsellor said if I really needed to I could have a sml piece of chicken or turkey (approx 1 slice with a piece of lettuce) and it wouldn't take me out of ketosis.

I have had half a slice of turkey breast twice last week with lettuce and think I was still in ketosis so don't worry. If you are feeling ok and not hungry I think you could still be in it.

:)

you would def still be in ketosis after a whole chicken let alone a tspn!

as long as no carbs have not passed your lips you are fine. dont worry about the sticks, some people say 6pm is the best time to test. i would do in morning when urine is not diluted but hey, worth a try.

dont worry i can guarantee you are in ketosis still x

I did feel really hungry yesterday which was why i had the fateful piece of chicken but this is the only thing that i've had in 7 weeks.
Feel better today so maybe my ketone sticks are wrong ,I'll test again tommorow and maybe need some new ones.
Will try not to get to stressed about it.

seriously it takes over 40g of carbs to kick you out of ketosis... 3 shakes a day contain 40+g of carbs so a piece of chicken with zero carbs is nothing!!!

do not let it worry you... x

Thanks for reply becky .I only drank about 1/2 litre would that water it down that much.I had the opposite problem last week were it was dark purple in the morning despite drinking 5 litres a day.
I'm confused !!!!

Ive just come on in a panic too...
My Ketostix sticks have being showing pink (the 3rd colour along on back of tube)
But this morning it shows dark pink/purple ( the 5th colour along on tube) What does this mean?
Am i still in ketosis??? :sigh:
Im on day 8 today and my scales are showing 13lbs loss :eek: :D
I feel fine.. but i dont no why colour on stick has changed, can anyone help please?? Donna x

If its very dark its means your dehydrated you need to drink more water.As long as the ketone test changes colour your still in ketosis,But dark purple means dehydration.
Hope this helps

Aww thank you very much.. i was really worried.
I will dring lots of water then today, thought i was doing ok with it, but i'll drink more....

I think the stick are faulty lol!

If you test your first wee of the day, the stick will be dark pink. As the day goes on, and you drink more water, your test should be progressively lighter, but still pink. That's what my pharmacist told me when I was on LT.

When you wake up, you haven't been drinking all night, so you are dehydrated. But if you test it later in the day, as long as your stick is pink, even light pink, you are still in ketosis.

Back