Help - Why wont this weight shift??

Kirstie007

Hello Ladies,

My names Kirstie and I've been popping in and out of these threads for a while now after having lot a lot (4st) and gaining a bit (1.5st).

I currently need to lose about 1.5st and am trying to get my head into the diet. I finally managed to get my head down 2 weeks before a significant party (this coming Sat), based on previous experience I have lost 10-14lbs in this time and was really hoping for a loss of at least 10lb to look and feel great.

So far I'm on day 8 - I've stuck to the diet religiously and have only lost 3lbs!!!!!! I'm drinking my own body weight in water minimum of 3ltrs, more often 4ltrs daily and I've stuck. Its like my head is telling my body to keep hold of the fat cells till sat; after which it can let them go :(

I only have 4 days left which at the very most would be a 4lb loss which is making me so upset. It took me a long time to get my head around things and when I do my body wont play ball. I also came on which I know will not have helped with water retention.

For the past 5 days I have been stuck in a cycle of losing 1-2lb then putting it back on the next day. I'm on SS+ having 4 packs and some milk in T&C.

Any advice to kick-start this sluggish system gratefully received!! :wave_cry:

Kirstie

You must be so frustrated. All I can say is hang on in there - if you are being 100%, then there is no way you can't lose weight. It won't show daily - or come off evenly - even now I seem to be stuck in a pattern of nothing off for the first 3-4 days after weigh in (and begin to panic that I will have a zero) and then lose 3-4 lbs over a couple of days. This week I had lost nothing by sunday and then 4lbs by today - figure that one out! I always retain water big time when it is hot so this last 2 weeks could be not helping you at all.(i went away for a week in june and when i weighed when i came back had only lost 0.5 lbs - was totally gutted - 4 days later at my weigh in was down 5 more...

Also if you were being relatively good before this last 2 weeks or dipping in and out of the diet you may not get the initial big loss as this is mainly water and glygocen stores (not fat) - which you might have already reduced a bit.

Are you weighing at the same time each day?, are your scales on carpet or hard floor, do you move them around- I know it sounds silly but it can all make a difference.

This diet is terrible for head games - Most people seem to say only weigh once a week so you don't get upset by fluctuations - but I can't do that - i'm every morning first thing - that way i feel I am getting a bit of consistency.

You are within a stone of a healthy BMI so your weight losses will likely be considerably slower and you should be on a higher step the SS or SS+, so it could well be that you are on too low a step and your body is reacting to that. It may well be stepping up to Step 2 or 3 will actually kick start the losses.

Hope you have a great party :)

A fantastic post from Bessie. She's right: the fact that you are so close to goal (even though it, understandably, might not feel that way) means your losses are going to be slower. Your period will have prevented that initial water weight drop but at least you know the 3 lb you have lost is 3 lb of fat! You could try moving up a plan and having a 200 calorie meal to kick start your metabolism, or slowly and gently increase the amount of exercise you do. I feel your pain, but you will get there. One thing's for sure: you're bound to look fantastic at your party on Saturday, especially with the 18 lb you've already lost. :)

Hey,

I would agree with the others. As you get near your goal weight loss is slower. It might not be a bad thing to move up a step. Are you eating the bars? you do need more water with them mind, I forget sometimes.

Ladies - Thank you so much for your comments!

I've really struggled to get my mind in gear and just as I do my body won't play ball, its frustrating but I know it will come off eventually. Mini breakdown over, I want it all and I want it now - serve me right for not starting this about a month ago!!!

Thanks for your suggestions I'm gonna try upping my calorie intake and see if that makes a difference.

Onwards and downwards :)

I have thoughts like that all the time. "If only I'd started last year...!" I never think "If only I'd never gotten fat" though - it must be so ingrained in my head that me being fat at some point was unavoidable!

Back