Help willpower going :-(

Willbeyummy

Hey all ,

Omg i feel like im caving my heads not been determined for past 2 days iv sat and stared at food :-( iv screamed had an extra shake tried distracting myself with my eyebrows and painting my nails iv done well up until the weekend :-( i really feel like a failure iv put a pound on aswell :-( im so down and want chocolate :-(

aww, hun we all feel like that sometimes (espcially the chocolate cravings!) I've put a few tips below to help you stay motivated.

First of all get as much tempting food out of the house as you can - I know this can be hard/impossible if you have kids. Try to avoid supermarkets/ corner shops/ garages - all the usual places you get tempted.

Read some of the CD diaries on the website and especially look at the inspirational photos - that could be you!

Tell your close friends and family you are on CD so can't have food. Arrange to meet up with friends to do non-eating activities like going got a walk/ bowling / cinema.

Get a dress/skirt/top that you love but no longer fit into out of the wardrobe and hang it in the kitchen by the fridge.

Write a list of all the reasons why you want to lose weight and look at it everytime you feel tempted.

It is a real battle but also a case of mind over matter. YOU are in control of what you eat and you can win!

Thank you hun i think im going to go out and buy a smaller sized everyday outfit to slim into i can do this but struggling, my best friend that i do alot with is no help she to has weight issues but cant/wont stick to a diet everytime i speak to her she is "starving" we went into town thurs and she had 2 double cheese burgers and chips then on sat i was in town and she saw me and tagged along and we went mc donalds AGAIN and she had a large big mac meal then nipped into home bargins and she just bought crap! I stuck to my water and iv never cheated but she always gets food when out :-( forever tempting me with a chippy or the local yummy cafe lol! Its so frustrating iv not told her im doing cd because i know she will try n give up in the first week she needs food plus shes a single mum on bens so wouldnt be able to afford it long term and would go back to her old ways leading me to probs fail, im doing this on my own for me my oh knows u lot know and my cdc knows thats it just need to keep focused :/ x

If your friend cut all the takeaways and crap out her diet I bet she could afford it. I'm on benefits and can afford it :) x

I think its very hard esp when cooking for a family and having pack lunch bit ie chocolate and crisps in the house. I do struggle but keep thinking Im paying a lot of money to be cheating.
You have to do it for yourself and no one else. She's not being very healthy or helpful to you but think how you'll be healthier and slim in not much time at all. I've lost a stone in 3 weeks and its a real incentive. Keep going and stay positive. We can do it!

This may sound a bit harsh but you may need to tactically avoid your friend for a little while whilst you get used to CD.

We all have people who either innocently or deliberately are diet saboteurs (mine is a friend who runs a cupcake business(!) so I avoid going over to her house when on CD).

I'm not saying dump your friend but try and see her in situations where she wont lead you astray eg cinema, going for a walk, tea/coffee at your house (so you can control what is on the menu).

I'm sure shes a lovely person but she may be feeling insecure that you are taking control of your weight and being really impressive with your diet, which she cant/wont do, and is trying to tempt you to binge with her so she doesnt feel as bad.

Remember, you are strong and youve already done the hardest bit. Stick at it, and when she sees your amazing weight loss I bet your friend wants to sign up to CD straight away!

Totally agree wev just aranged drinks at min thurs lunch normally shes comes round in an evening and she would order a take away its weigh in day on thurs so seeing the results before hand should keep me on the straoght and narrow x

Back