Working Solutions Help with eve dinners? Hate cooking two meals ! !

Joeys Ma

Hello everyone! I'm prepping for my start next week, and I want to ensure I do one shop online (remove temptation) for a couple of weeks...as its only eve dinners I'm hoping it will be a small one!?

Well two things from the experienced Exanteers:

Any recipes which I can cook for me and hubby, which I can bulk up for his plate? i.e. chicken and veg for me and additional rice for the DH?

Also anything I can make bulk in advance and freeze, just reheat when needed? Anything to make life easier with a 6 month old in the house ;) plus I'm mushing up veg and freezing it for him anyway, may as well do myself some portions!?

Xxxxxx

Please......I really need the support of this forum and 73 have viewed this with nothing yet :eek:

also what can I substitute cucumber with in a recipe with the same nutritional values?

I know, but I wondered if anyone is cooking for two of you, and if you make regular meals which are similar? just looking for ideas of what people do themselves.....There is only 5-6 recipes I'd eat on the website, going to get rather boring quickly I think...

I'm doing ts but I'd say if you stick to meat and salad/veg for you it's easy to do some rice/pasta/potatoes for your oh and just avoid them yourself.

I do chilli.. And a creamy chicken curry which is basically curry, mushrooms.. Prepare the curry base (which has the texture of Chinese curry) using a whole head of cauliflour.. In stock then purée it add curry powder etc of course

Brilliant! Thanks ladies these really help. I like turkey steaks, tenderised with a meat basher into escalopes and a thin layer of extra light soft cheese on top....I sprinkled piri piri chip sprinkle on top for a crust, went down well with hubby! He's lost 6lbs just from the change in evening dinners!,,

I did a chicken and veg stew last night, basically chicken, onion, celery, carrot, mushrooms and leek with chicken stock. Started off on hob to dry fry off and get to a simmer then took a good 1.5 hr to cook in oven and thicken up but was really tasty and great for these cold evenings.

I only been going 4 days and this was my first hot meal after salads! Going to do homemade chicken curry tonight but have mine with green veg whilst the others have rice!

Back