Help with meal ideas please.

Angelkitty

Unfortunately my money has completely run out and so has my food virtually. All I have in my cupboards is;
one tin of kidney beans, one tin of baked beans, one tin of mushy peas, 2 packs of tomato pasta and sauce, one tin of tomatoes, one pack of beef savoury rice, a pack of brown rice and a few mushrooms and a tiny piece of reduced fat cheese in the fridge. I have some muesli for my breakfasts too.
Does anybody have any ideas what I can make for meals? This food has all got to last me as long as possible as I have no money for anything else.

just throw a load together and see what its like :/

Sorry don't want to sound too nosy or patronising, but when will you next get some money? That's not a lot of food depending on how long you need it to last. Have you thought about speaking to a charity/foodbank? They may be able to help you. See if you can go to someone's for dinner, borrow money off a friend etc.

If I were you I wouldn't worry too much about making your meals sw friendly at the mo.

I work as a lecturer but I am only paid for when I work. I haven't been paid since June. I won't be paid again until September and the job centre have refused to help me because I am technically not a "job seeker" as I have a job to go to as of the 19th of August. I hate asking for money from people. My mum has been giving me bits and pieces of food and I feel awful taking it from her. I think I am a little paranoid about not eating SW friendly. Thanks. xx

You could make a chilli con carni with the kidney beans, mushy pea curry, use the rice to bulk out the meals, can you afford to get some pasta, this used with the tomato & mushrooms could make a spaghetti bolonase.
All recipes on the link below.
Good luck
Pete

Thanks for the ideas! I've pinched some pasta from my mum and had a free "party food" lunch at my nephew's birthday party :)

Back