Help with mixing Shakes

tracey001

Back again!!
What is the best way to mix the shakes. I have had a vanilla shake so far last night but it tasted quite powdery....thought I might not be mixing it right. Also what variations can I do with the shakes to make them more interesting. Another question. Are the Tetras just a pre-mixed shake or something totally diffrent?:confused:

Hi Tracey
I found the same thing with the shakes and found that by scraping a spoon round the bowl/jug to get all the last bits in, and then mixing it on high for about a minute, that sorted it. They are a little bit powdery tasting anyway tho. The Tetras are just ready-made up for you, hence more pricey.

I've got one of those protein shakers i got mine from asda and argos sells them too and they get rid of all the lumps i find that gets rid of any funny taste.

I found putting a bit more water in helps get rid of a powdery taste, I usually use about 300mls of water. It helps get a bit more water in as well.

What is the best way to mix the shakes. I have had a vanilla shake so far last night but it tasted quite powdery....thought I might not be mixing it right. Also what variations can I do with the shakes to make them more interesting. Another question. Are the Tetras just a pre-mixed shake or something totally diffrent?:confused:
I bought a shaker from my CDC. it has a plastic grid at the top which breaks down all the lumps. I use that when i am at work with just really cold water, no ice. and I use about 400ml of water so it doesnt taste powdery but it also doesnt taste watered down.
At home i use the blender with 400ml water and some ice.
For variations I add instant coffee to my shakes. Have tired it with the cappuchino one and it was really nice, just shaken in ther shaker with water.
At home i tried vanilla with the coffee ice and water in the blender andit was like a starbucks frappuchino. and it made so much shake, over a pint so i was very pleased with that.
I also had the idea to make a concentrated cup of earl grey tea and to add that to a vanilla shake in the blender with ice and some cinammon or mixed spice to try and make a chai latte. hope it works, ill let you know how it tastes.
there is also a thread on the CD forum with recipes for all sorts of things but be careful with the crisps, biscuits, chocolate bars, etc...I have read other posts saying they do not work so make sure you have extra sachets if your trying something a bit riskier in case it tastes aweful.

hiya, isnt earl grey tea a cirtus tea?
i bought some peppermint tea but not tried it yet, dont think ill like it lol

hiya, isnt earl grey tea a cirtus tea?
i bought some peppermint tea but not tried it yet, dont think ill like it lol
It is a black tea but it has orange in it so I got some chai loose leaf tea from whitards. Its black tea with cloves, cinammon and cardammom, think i can have those spices, right? well if not, too late now.
I made the tea when i had my porridge this morning and let it steep till i was ready for my shake. Blended it up with vanilla shake extra water, ice and cinammon and it is lovely, tastes just like an iced chai latte from starbucks.
I like peppermint tea a lot so i hope you do too.

Back