help with sauce plzzzz

jacqui35

Silver Member
Hi all

Im having a steak tomoz with some sw chips and mushrooms etc etc and would like to no if any of you lovely people :p would have a near syn free sauce that would go lovely with it, then in morning i can go out and buy some stuff so can make it

thanks in advance

If you have the October magazine then there is a peppercorn sauce for steak in there! can't remember quantities but there onion, garlic fryed in fry light, chicken stock made with bovril, teaspoon of mustard powder and parsley chopped, simmer for a few mins take off heat and add a few dollops of low fat fromage frais and some pink peppercorns (picked all of these out cos too peppery to eat so you may want to use normal peppercorns)

Hope this helps

The sauce was very delicious when we had it!

The Peppercorn sauce that Angela recommended is on page 60.

If you don't mind risking a recipe I haven't tried, I have found a syn free recipe for garlic and chilli dip. The good thing is, as it is on the side, if you don't like it you haven't ruined the rest of the meal!!

Have also found a recipe - yet another untried - for garlic and mushroom sauce 2 syns for the lot on either red or green

Hiya im doing ww at the mo..but i make a creamy prawn,mushroom+garlic sauce quite a bit you could omit the prawns though?

In a wok or frying pan add ½tspn half fat butter,add sliced mushrooms and a couple cloves crushed garlic cook through then add a dollop of ELF philly or i think you could use Quark?and a little skimmed milk,s+p..its lovely and would be perfectio with steak x

Ohhhh thanks all, damn i dont no if i binned the damn magazine in the bin and they emptied the paper bin today too grrrr im going have to check now cos i like the sound of peppercorn with mushrooms in sauce mmmmm thanks again all xx

anyone got the recipe as i cant find my magazine from this month so i can go shops and get the stuff i need many thanks

Its okies panic over i just found steak and peppercorn on the website, thanks all phew going shops now for fresh steak and stuff lol

Back