Help with 'sod it' mindset

Celerystalks

New to the forums and I'm a classic yo yo dieter. If you counted the stones I've lost in the past 10 years it would amount to more than ten. Often two or three at a time which I always always put back on. At the moment I'm a stone lighter than my heaviest ever weight but have 5 stone to lose. I'm 14 and a half and would love to be 9 and a half.

I'm finding slimming world great. I think it's such a healthy mindset and I can see myself following it no problem for life. I love frut and veggies and tomato based sauces so it should really suit me.

However my problem is always that if I have a momentary slip I tend to go 'sod it' and finish the whole pack of biccies , or buy another choccie bar, or get the biggest burger on the menu.

I'm guessing there's some ppl like that on here? And some of you have beaten it? How can I do the same? I really want to be healthy for my two little girls and slim for myself.

I have a joint party tomorrow for my youngests christening and eldests second birthday and I'm making a big low syn chicken curry for everybody but I know I'll also have some birthday cake and how do I avoid getting that sod it feeling an finishing the whole lot when everyone goes home? And then thinking the whole week is pointless??!

Wow. Well done for reading down to here :) sorry for the ramble?

Simple cut all the cake up parcel it up and make your guests take it home with them!! If it's not there you can't eat it. And don't feel bad about having one piece at the party just decide that that's your syns done for the day and back on plan the next day. Xx

If you do something often enough it becomes habit. This is where the sod-it mindset comes from. It's also how to beat it. Be sneaky. Give all that cake away, bag up all the leftover treats and hand them out to the neighbours kids or something. Get rid of it.
You control the food, the food doesn't control you anymore. Great, isn't it?!

You have to remember that you want to lose weight more than you want that cake. Question yourself all the time. Why even have one bit and get a taste for it, in my early days on SW I wouldn't have gone near it. Even now I probably wouldn't bother with it, especially if I thought one bit could lead to another! (it was my sons birthday on weds and I didn't have any of his cake) You have to be strict with yourself and remember your priorities. Even if you have cake so what, it's not going to ruin your week unless you let it. You can be in control and it's great! Lots of luck x

These forums are great. It really helps to read your replies the night before. I feel prepared for tomorrow now. Thanks so much for the words of encouragement.

Jessie, the chap on obses a year to save my life says the following and I say that to myself if I'm contemplating overeating:

"You can be your sickness or your cure"

Personally, I would freeze the leftover cake in small portions and get it out at teatime for the kids or Hubby or anyone. I've even fed the birds good food just to get it out of the house!

Lucia Lucia said:
Jessie, the chap on obses a year to save my life says the following and I say that to myself if I'm contemplating overeating:

"You can be your sickness or your cure"

Personally, I would freeze the leftover cake in small portions and get it out at teatime for the kids or Hubby or anyone. I've even fed the birds good food just to get it out of the house!

He's too gorgeous to ever be wrong

I often do this, but I have the quote in my signature drilled into my head and it really gives me some perspective. Hope it helps you too! :)

I could have easily written your message but am trying to change my mindset and every time I go to eat something I think "is this going to move me towards my goal or away from it?". It really works! And if you still decide to have it, it keeps the mind focussed on why you don't keep moving away from your goal.. that each eating decision helps. x

Love your username shrinki!
I think that's great advice. I need to start thinking like that. I'm not sure I've ever been within the normal for my height, even as a child. I'm 33 now and would love to spend the rest of my adult life at a healthy weight!

Love your username shrinki!
I think that's great advice. I need to start thinking like that. I'm not sure I've ever been within the normal for my height, even as a child. I'm 33 now and would love to spend the rest of my adult life at a healthy weight!
Thanks:) My kids were making shrinkidinks and I thought it was a good user name!

Back