Cruise PV Help with stagnation please!

CC

Hello - ok since 01.09 I have stayed at around 66. Something kgs. Last week I dipped to 65kg ( for about a day!) but now it's back to 66.0.
No matter what I do, I just cannot seem to continue the steady down-cline that I have managed so far :(
I know that stagnation can happen at some point during a diet but I am so frustrated!!! My estimated target date was set at 10.10 and I am never going to make it! :(
I do have major and I mean major transit issues! But have given up on wheat bran just to see if it helps!
Do you have any advise for me to speed up the weight loss so I am loosing 500g-1kg a week again?
I checked the dukansite and am doing all but one of the following list (not tried 1 extra PP a week - would anyone recommend that?) thanks for listening xx

Increase your daily exercising to 60 minutes per day.
Reduce your tolerated items to one or none each day.
Reduce your consumption of dairy products as these are high in carbohydrates due to the naturally occurring sugars.
Ask your doctor to recommend a vegetable based diuretic.
Try a White Day PP day.
Add an extra PP day into your Cruise Phase rhythm.

Can i just ADD - i am following DD to a T and not having anything not on the list! Only 1 coke zero a day max, sometimes nothing.

Could you increase your water intake? That can help with transit issues. Also perhaps try stewed rhubarb!

Stick with it and perhaps try the extra PP day, I've seen comments that is works for some :)

I think I read on another thread that you have a 7 month old baby? I have a 10 month old and it did take a while before i started losing properly again, sometimes our bodies don't behave exactly as we'd like and hold onto the weight, but I think you are doing amazingly well and so close to your target! Keep eating plenty of protein, don't let yourself get hungry and stick with it :) xx

Lots of things that are allowed on Dukan can stall - citric acid, dairy, artificial sweetners.

So, I'd cut out the yogurt (if you have) and eat quark, etc instead (less carbs), ditch the diet coke and don't cook with lemon juice (if you do so).

Also (have done this myself) cut out tolerated items, increase water intake, eat oatbran in the morning, have a little rhubarb for transit issues, walk lots.

(White PP days are dire - meant for stabilistion phase IV really, so one now and again, but otherwise you'll struggle).

Thanks so much for replying everyone!
I didn't know quark had less carbs! - I will now use only that! I don't eat much dairy, just a small 0%Greek yoghurt for breakfast and quark in galette. I will cut out coke and continue with the rhubarb on PV days - maybe just have more!! ;)
I think I have to accept my body is still post baby and breastfeeding so it might stall no matter what!
Will not give up!
Thanks for your input and support everyone! Xxx

Robin hood, what is the matter with diet coke?

Alessandra - nothing's wrong with Diet Coke. However if you have stalled for a long time, and Christell says she's stayed the same for a month, then you have to look at what may be causing it. Artificial sweetners (such as those found in Diet Coke) can stall some people so you try eliminating that possibility by cutting them out for a bit to see if you lose.

I have used some herbal tablets called colon cleanse from Holland and Barratt to help with transit issues. Might be worth a try. I take them in the evening and usually see a result the next morning.

Keep at it and keep tweaking. Try and vary your diet - a few days where you try new things can often help shake things up a bit. It can be so frustrating when you stall.

What's a 'white' PP day?

-Pudding- said:
Alessandra - nothing's wrong with Diet Coke. However if you have stalled for a long time, and Christell says she's stayed the same for a month, then you have to look at what may be causing it. Artificial sweetners (such as those found in Diet Coke) can stall some people so you try eliminating that possibility by cutting them out for a bit to see if you lose.

Thank you pudding, i had no idea!

We are part time detectives here. Last year we had someone who really was stalling, doing everything right etc etc, noting down all her food and drink in great detail. Someone one day thought to query her "coffee with skimmed milk" and it turned out to be the LARGEST Starbucks skinny latte which exceeds the daily milk allowance and the person was obviously dairy sensitive like so many. That one nearly foxed us. There's normally a "reason" for a 10 day or more stall.

I didn't know there was a milk allowance -
Thought you just couldn't have more than 1000ml in total with your other fat free diary?

I have a large "homemade" cappuccino every morning with my breakfast. But very little else other than the fromage frais or yoghurt used in my galette and an extra couple spoonfuls dolloped on top.

Am I ok with this as long as I keep losing? I also have around 15g of Gogi berries every day?

Many thanks

In Cruise, dairy is limited to 1K, only 1/4L of which can be milk. Most of us find that 1K dairy stalls our progress so stick to far less.

Also, don't forget to eat plenty of protein (I know this sounds daft) my DH stalled for 3 weeks and is only just losing again - he wasn't feeling hungry so really wasn't eating that much AT ALL. After being nagged at by me (!) he is now eating more and losing weight again. Maybe you could add a snack of a chicken breast at some point every day - especially as whilst breast-feeding your body is working really hard.

Who's breastfeeding? Doesn't Dukan recommend Conso, rather, if breastfeeding?

I'm sure someone is breast-feeding, can't remember who - maybe I'm imagining it! (Brain turned to mush after a multitude of children!)

phew! I blame my lapses on the diet rather (no kids to blame!)

Guilty as charged! (embarrassed smilie!)
I Was breastfeeding whilst on Cruise and it worked fine for me! - but everyone is different!!! I found that my milk supply doubled whilst Starting DD!!! Strange but true...for me! (please Don't hate me!) :)

Stalling on Cruise phase

Also, don't forget to eat plenty of protein (I know this sounds daft) my DH stalled for 3 weeks and is only just losing again - he wasn't feeling hungry so really wasn't eating that much AT ALL. After being nagged at by me (!) he is now eating more and losing weight again. Maybe you could add a snack of a chicken breast at some point every day - especially as whilst breast-feeding your body is working really hard.

I think this might be my problem. I'm stuck on 135.8 for the last 4 days. This is my second DD diet. I lost more than 20lbs two years ago, and successfully consolidated the weight loss. Now over two years, I've gained about 10lbs back. I'm trying to get rid of the excess weight before it too comfortably entrenched to be dislodged. I only have 5 lbs to lose before I start consolidating, but I've stalled! Going back to DD has proved to be more tedious than I expected, and I'm so sick of protein that it has killed my hunger completely. I find I am not hungry in the least, so end up eating no more than two protein meals a day + oatbran for breakfast. I neither snack on protein or vegetables during the day. Not sure what to do. Any advice?

Back