help

We've all gone a bit quiet on here! Was thinking of doing success express but think I'm gonna wait until next week now x

Hiya i've heard a lot about this but i've never tried it, i had a poor weigh in this week of just 1/2 a lb but i would love to really go for it this week, any suggestions? xx

Hiya i've heard a lo about this but i've never tried it, i had a poor weigh in this week of just 1/2 a lb but i would love to really go for it this week, any suggestions? xx
try drinking some extra water and add something a bit different in, like superspeed soup or a dfferent exercise, usually works for me. or change your days around a little , if you do extra easy, try red days , or if mainly red, try extra green days. just tweek something a little and you will notice a loss. good luck, let us know how you get on. x

I only had a half pound loss which is why I was gonna try it but I'm going for a pub lunch on the weekend( which I will behave myself on) and I've got leftovers and meals planned out already, and if I'm gonna do SE I want to have a full weeks proper run at it.
I'm still going to try to increase my super free foods in my meals this week in order to get used to the idea of planning SE meals

Oh cool ok, well i made super speed soup on sunday and have had 3 portions of that so far so i'll keep at that and maybe make some more. Drinking water i definitely need to do more of, i'm quite bad with drinking water for some reason so i'll have more herbal teas instead :) thnkq for the advice :)

I only had a half pound loss which is why I was gonna try it but I'm going for a pub lunch on the weekend( which I will behave myself on) and I've got leftovers and meals planned out already, and if I'm gonna do SE I want to have a full weeks proper run at it.
I'm still going to try to increase my super free foods in my meals this week in order to get used to the idea of planning SE meals
good idea,dont get too down though, its still a loss.:)

Hi everyone, sorry to jump in on you but I've just joined the forum and looking at your thread I see a few don't go to group ( I used to but I'm too poor this time round) and some veggies/ green day people ( this is me as well! ) would I be able to 'tag along' on your journeys? ( this is corny as hell but I couldn't think of another way to say 'can I play?') hope everyone has had a good day :) I've been quite good as in not too many syns, but think I've eaten too much rice! Made risotto for tea from the websites trial menu, have not stopped being hungry all night! Feeling a bit downhearted as I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere, my scales at home weigh inconsistently 4 lb heavier than in tesco- should I trust the scales that you have to pay 50p a pop for and just buy something more accurate?

Wow, long first post. Xxx

I know pebbles my consultant says the same. I'm pleased I'm losing it's just a wee bit slow as I go on holiday in 7 weeks and would like to have lost another half stone by then.

I'm confused about this super speed soup you know. I've made one from a recipe on here but I think I'm being thick because most of the ingredients arent super free foods but they are speed foods lol so not SUPER speed (If that makes sense lol)

hiya yorkshire pudding and welcome. i'd stick to one scale or the other to be honest. if you stick with your scales at home then it will still register a loss whether its accurate or not. i think if you use 2 scales you'll only get downhearted.
i sometimes stand on mine 2 or 3 times hoping to get a best of 3 weight! how daft is that, if i had lost considerably it would register that. wishful thinking eh.

anyway stick with us yorkiepud and you'll do just fine.

I know pebbles my consultant says the same. I'm pleased I'm losing it's just a wee bit slow as I go on holiday in 7 weeks and would like to have lost another half stone by then.

I'm confused about this super speed soup you know. I've made one from a recipe on here but I think I'm being thick because most of the ingredients arent super free foods but they are speed foods lol so not SUPER speed (If that makes sense lol)
yes jen i know what you mean about the soup, but i have to say when i have the soups, whether its that one or butternut squash soup or onion soup , i do seem to be fuller and have better losses. i try to make soups a few times a week. but its hard fitting it all in i have to admit. lots of time planning what to eat rather than just grabbing stuff without thinking.
you'll do it though seven weeks is a long time yet. xx

I made super speed soup on sunday and it made 5 portions i put a lot in it though is this right?

leeks potatoes
onions parsnips
cabbage peppers
carrots savoy cabbage
chillies swede
curly kale spring onions
celery tomatoes

i boiled it all then used my hand blender to make it soupy?

this is the recipe for the super speed soup, it needs to have the beans in it to be superfree and aid the weight loss. but its not free on a red day remember. your soup sounds lovely tho.

Super Speed Soup
Super Speed Soup

1 can mixed bean salad
1 can green lentils
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1 can baked beans
Handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
1 large onion
4 large carrots
2 parsnips
Green, red or yellow pepper
2 beef stock cubes
Salt & pepper
Mixed herbs
Water (enough to cover all ingredients)

Chop all veg and put everything in pan, cover with water bring to boil and simmer until veg are soft. then blend or leave chunky if you prefer

:sick0019::sign0131:

argh ok thats where i went wrong. I have some tins of mixed bean sald in the cupboard so when all this soup is gone i'll make that one :)thankq x

Haha pebbles!! I haven't had that issue tho (almost wish I had but that's a whole other thread topic lol) I would invest in sone Tupperware tho. I only did half the amount of the super soup and it makes loads!! I had to start freezing it in bags lol. I did chuck a handful of pasta in tho just to bulk it out a bit more and it looks more interesting lol

good idea. i freeze my soups in bags anyway as it takes less room up if laying down. i have a tupperware cupboard that attacks you every time you open it, lol. i used to freeze everything in tupperwares then had none to use for work lunches.

wilkinsons do soup freezing bags, they are £1.20 ish for 8 bags. or i use the ziploc bags which are a bit cheaper.

Pebbles, I do that too! I'm thinking of getting new scales as yesterday weighed the same all day despite having eaten etc, which doesn't seem right- you'd think it would go up at least! Think I might chuck them and just weigh in on the electronic scales, that way I get bmi etc and won't be tempted to hop on every five minutes lol :)

I've made absolutely loads of tebbouleh for lunch today- bulgar wheat is still free on green isn't it? I put a tomato, lime juice, parsley, onion and mint in it, nom :)

With regard to soups, I am in love with the butternut squash hotpot! Think it was in the mag although might have been online, has anyone had it? It's squash, carrot, stock, barley and herbs and it's gorgeous :) very comfort food-ish! Xxx

morning! the tabbouleh sounds lovely, i'll give it a go. i love butternut squash but usually have the soup, i was going to try a recipe i have for the risotto, so i'll let you know how that goes. i'm doing salmon fishcakes tonight and a cheese leek and potato pie. cant wait . i'll post pictures on my diary. come check it out if you like its called 'pebbles sw diary -get a grip'
about the scales thing, actually i think youre right, if you are hopping on and off then bin them and just go weekly if you can. maybe try twice weekly if you need to break in gently, lol.

Woo brilliant thanks pebbles! :) am green every day so it's good to know that I've not gone wrong there! The tebbouleh is really nice with feta too :)

I made a quorn spag boll for tea, I used tinned cherry tomatoes and it worked really well! As for syns I've had a shortbread finger and a weetabix oaty bar, wanted a glass of wine instead but am the sort to have another and another lol :) what risotto are you making? I think that it's one of my favourites! :)

Going to hold off on weighing in until next Saturday! I do worry that I'm not doing it right, even though I think I am. I think it's the danger of going it alone for me.

Xxx

Back