help

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by pebbles, 11 September 2006 Social URL.

1. pebbles

pebbles Full Member

Hi, on my second week now, doing really well, tell you what i have lost on wednesday:) i am going on my holidays to america late november, so i know i wont cheat because i am desparet to loose at least 3 stone before then, when i started to my hols its 100 days, so fingers crossed. The trouble is what do i do on holiday? do i do atkins, do i take cd with me, or do i enjoy myself. What do you all think:rolleyes: please help:confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. AKB

AKB Full Member

Personally, I enjoy myself on holidays and know it's going to be really hard to get back on track when I come back, but I do and have done.

At Easter I gained 19lbs in 10 days - which shocked me but I lost it all in the next 10 days back on SS. I was surprised it was that much as half of the 10 days I did eat really sensibly and much less than when in full splurge mode!
    I even found myself in the first few days looking at stuff and thinking "I could eat you but I don't want to" and not eating it. However, once the food demons came back, it was just like old times - a salutory reminder that this is a battle I shall be fighting for the rest of my life.

Whatever you decide to do is up to you, but whatever you decide to do, enjoy your holiday!

A
    xx

4. pebbles

pebbles Full Member

thanks AKB, i know its a while of but its been bothering me, i think i will have my christmas on holiday, and get back into it when i come home.19lb in10 days is shocking, but you got back to it, you have done soooooooooooo well, good luck with you 18lb to go, and thank you for the advice. x

5. westhills

westhills I STILL mean it!

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    8st13lb(41.25%)
    I went to Italy for 16 days in August. I had a CD bar for breakfast and one shake pack in several coffees throughout the day. For luch I usually made a salad and took it out with me. I had whatever I wanted for dinner including vino rosso. I have to say though that I honestly did not WANT the high carb options, but if I had, I would have had them. I think one of the keys is to keep active if you can. We walked a lot, (mostly around museums art galleries and SHOPS) and I had lost another 4 lbs when I got back.
    Hope this helps.
    Ann x

6. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

Hi

I went on holiday in May and i had a choc shake for breakfast, a toffee bar for lunch and a chicken salad in the evening. I was already on maintenance with LL so was also drinking wine. I put on a couple of pounds i think but that soon came off.

Basically, stick to CD with a light chicken salad meal in the evening. If you break the diet you will feel rotten during and after your holiday.

Is it worth it?

7. boofaloo

boofaloo Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st3.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Exante and exercise
    I did CD on holiday but ended up nibbling!! I am going to centerparcs in November and plan on doing 790. I have made my mind up to have a couple of treats but not going mad.
    I havent had a problem restarting the diet when i've slipped up but some poeple do so just be aware it can happen. :)

Have a lovely time. I love America!! :)

8. pebbles

pebbles Full Member

thanks eveyone, i think i will be watching what i eat, and staying away from the carbs, [enjoyed your photos ann from italy]. Thanks i am feeling more relaxed about going away now. x

9. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    Hiya Pebbles, I've just been away, only on a short break 4 days, but I did 1 x shake am, 1 x shake lunch, bar for afternoon snack then salads for evening.

I felt better for that and have lost 3lbs.

I think as long as you choose carefully then a 790 is a great idea when on hol x

10. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    I'm going on a short break to Holland in October and will be taking a planned break: much along the lines of Ann in Italy.

I'll be staying away from the yummy Dutch chocolate & Ameretto covered pancakes and chocolate coated fruit kebabs (just how do the Dutch stay so thin???)

I'll deal with the consequences when I get back - although if I plan it well, any damage will be minimal.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.