help

hi there people

i did LLT last year and lost most of the weight i wanted to loose but started to struggle at the begining of the year so went to lite. Only did it for 2 weeks then did management. Over the year i slowly went back up a dress size so hence back on LL.

Have done total for 3 weeks but my son is finding it confusing that i'm not eating and stopped eating so gone back to lite to try and stop this.

ANyway, today mum took us all out for a meal and i think i make the right choices but now not sure as feel weak and hungry and am scared i've kicked myself out of kitosis :(

I opted for a steak with mushroom and vegatables rather than the chips/potatoes

did i make a bad choice with steak?? will it have kicked me out or is this in my head??

thanks in advance for any advice

Hi,
Steak and veg should be a good choice for light. I've been having grilled steak and veg and it hasn't knocked me out of ketosis. Just make sure that the veg was on the light list and you didn't have loads of gravy with it. Also as it was cooked by someone else may have had a bit more salt so drink lots of water.

the veg was brocoli and carrots, grilled tomatoe and grilled mushrooms and had a small portion of peas.
I was worried about the steak as i'm sure it was bigger than i was meant to have

i'm really hoping it is in my head but do feel really ill and weak at moment.

drink more lol

lean red meat is 150g to 225g. so that is 1/3lb up to almost 1/2 a pound of raw meat. Which is quite alot. My LLC says a rough guide is the size of your palm or fist.
Not good if you are feeling ill and weak though. See how you feel tomorrow. Red meat does take alot to digest so maybe your body is working to digest it.

Don't forget that although ketogenic weightless is one part of LLL, so is calorie-restriction. Some people lose lots of weight purely by cutting down calories, with no consideration for carbohydrates - your body does still burn off calories and you're still not eating many. If you have a day or two out of ketosis, it really doesn't mean you're not burning fat, it just might mean it comes off a little more slowly. Never worth panicking over, you'll get back in no time! :)

Back