HELP

crystel

Hi Guys just asking for advice from any new or long term users of SS
I have done LL before but restarting SS after afew years off VLCD and gaining all the weight again due too ill health and famly loss, my heads not been
in the right place too do a VLCD.
So finally got the ok too start this week from my GP, started Monday all was ok until yesterday.
I started too get the normal detox headache ok use too that but then got very light headed which again i could understand as your really cutting calorie
intake, but i have been up all night sick, my shakes have tasted alittle salty which is strange,
I don,t want too come off diet but couldn,t even face my shake this morning:confused:
Has anyone else been through this i really hope it passes soon.
I,ll be back on later too check in hope your all doing wel and staying strong xxxxx

I'm 8 weeks in now and still get the occassional light headedness (usually in mornings if it happens) I find a cup of coffee sorts it out fairly quickly.

How are you mixing your shakes??? the only salty ones I've experienced were the old flavours they sold off cheap on eBay, I usually just use a shaker but found using a blender then warming in the microwave sorted the saltyness.

If this helps?

Thank you so much for your reply i do mix them properly in a blender, i did have some of the ebay ones as liked the flavours, i have emailed rob too see what he says, i can cope with the light headedness, but being sick after the packs is not good as not getting an calories, i am just hoping its a bug so i can continue, thanks again xx
I'm 8 weeks in now and still get the occassional light headedness (usually in mornings if it happens) I find a cup of coffee sorts it out fairly quickly.

How are you mixing your shakes??? the only salty ones I've experienced were the old flavours they sold off cheap on eBay, I usually just use a shaker but found using a blender then warming in the microwave sorted the saltyness.

If this helps?

First few days I tried the shakes I had a salty after taste for most of the day after a few days never hit ghat sensation again.

HI Crystel.. i think the light headedness is normal ish.. your not having many calories so its bound to happen. I get it sometimes but not as much now im on 4 packs a day and a bit of veg. I get alot of head aches buti use a 4head stick nearly all day and im fine. Some of the shakes off ebay have extra sodium in i think so they were improved and old stock on ebay new on S&S website... i bought some cookies and cream new improved but they still haev the salty bits im afraid.
Maybe try another flavour or shake a bit longer?
With regards to the sickness, where the weathers changing i think there is alot going round so possible a bug? To get you over this maybe have the S&S chicken soup (that always made me better when i was little lol)or have some chicken and veg until you feel better xxx

Hi Kerance thank you so much for the kind reply, I am feeling pretty lousy today and haven,t been able too keep down any of the shakes do have a variety of flavours and blend them in a blender with ice, but your right some of the flavours are more salty than others! i have stuck too the plan but had chicken and veg added abit more veg than normal too make up calories will see how i get on with my bar later, i have done VLCD before so yep use too the headaches and lightheaded feeling but never been sick before hopefully it will pass, hope your doing ok and staying strong how long have you done now? xx
HI Crystel.. i think the light headedness is normal ish.. your not having many calories so its bound to happen. I get it sometimes but not as much now im on 4 packs a day and a bit of veg. I get alot of head aches buti use a 4head stick nearly all day and im fine. Some of the shakes off ebay have extra sodium in i think so they were improved and old stock on ebay new on S&S website... i bought some cookies and cream new improved but they still haev the salty bits im afraid.
Maybe try another flavour or shake a bit longer?
With regards to the sickness, where the weathers changing i think there is alot going round so possible a bug? To get you over this maybe have the S&S chicken soup (that always made me better when i was little lol)or have some chicken and veg until you feel better xxx

Ahh hope the extra nutrients etc will make u feel better! I'm ok... Don't feel hungry at all really (day 11 I think... Well last Monday was day 1) have been 100% so far but I did have a small bite if a flapjack earlier and a slice of corned beef! Hope it won't do anything, doubt it will anyways! Only had 3 packs yesterday aswell cus I wasn't hungry! Off out on Saturday so havin a weigh in sat morning the will come out of ketosis for the evening... Then Sunday no doubt ill be hungover so I'm stockin up on chicken and salad stuff... Back on Monday! I feel so different this time round so hopefully ill be fine! Moods seemed to have gone now too which my bf is thankful of lol x

I hope so too hun really don,t want too give up going too try too heat a chocolate pack too see if thats any better, You have done so well so far i am sure that little slip won,t hurt, i do think most people have too try too fit life in around this so its logical too except that some days you will come off the plan, its getting back on it thats important, LOL i bet your bf is happy that your happier and more balanced, but don,t let him get too comfortable ha ha:D let me know how your weigh in goes on Saturday fingers crossed for you x
Ahh hope the extra nutrients etc will make u feel better! I'm ok... Don't feel hungry at all really (day 11 I think... Well last Monday was day 1) have been 100% so far but I did have a small bite if a flapjack earlier and a slice of corned beef! Hope it won't do anything, doubt it will anyways! Only had 3 packs yesterday aswell cus I wasn't hungry! Off out on Saturday so havin a weigh in sat morning the will come out of ketosis for the evening... Then Sunday no doubt ill be hungover so I'm stockin up on chicken and salad stuff... Back on Monday! I feel so different this time round so hopefully ill be fine! Moods seemed to have gone now too which my bf is thankful of lol x

Make sure you drink a big glass of water before a pack, that should help the sickness. As for the saltiness, I hardly ever add salt to anything normally so they all taste really salty to me but I'm getting used to it.

Hi Thanks for that i am drinking plenty of water its very strange have done vlcd before mainly LL but have done afew weeks on SS before and never had any problems, i think my body is just rebelling against this diet this time as been really poorly and can,t shift it, glad things are getting easier for you stay strong xxx
Make sure you drink a big glass of water before a pack, that should help the sickness. As for the saltiness, I hardly ever add salt to anything normally so they all taste really salty to me but I'm getting used to it.

Update have been taken into hospital so will keep intouch when i can.Hi All well no better today its really getting me down couldn,t face the bar even last night and i love the bar but managed a hot chocolate pack just had half of it, but still have this terrible sickness i just hope it passes trying so hard too stay strong hope all is going well for you all stay strong xx

Last edited:
If youve gone into hospital hun why dont u forget the diet until u are back to normal lol u dont wanna jeopadise your health xx

Back