Help

jomonks

Hi there, I'm new to Atkins but not to minimins, was cc'ing for a while. I have lost 11lbs in two weeks of low carbing and am loving it. I'm just getting a little stressed as I am going away for a long weekend next week and know it's going to involve, along with a lot of walking, country pubs, pub grub and booze. Have tried to google as many of the pubs menus in the area but am worried everything will go to pot. Breakfast won't be a problem as I will go for the full English minus carbs but lunch and dinner is bothering me. Any tips/advice on how to get through would be much appreciated x

Hi and welcome Jo

Pub lunches/dinners are a breeze - honest! Stick to roast plus veg/salad and be sure to give the chips a miss, and you'll be fine :)

And well done on the loss!

Thanks Ladyfelsham, I'm hoping everywhere we go does mixed grill or steak and salad type grub. It's so easy to follow at home but a glass of wine could be my undoing.

An sure you'll find steaks/roast chicken/mixed grill/fish at most places! As Susie says, get them to swap chips for a salad so you won't be tempted.

Well done on your loss so far!

Thanks moonlights, I was worried about "hidden" carbs or ones I can't count and track on mfp, you know like sauces and things. Will try to stick with plain grilled protein with veg then I can't possibly do any damage. Just need to watch the alcohol :-( really appreciate the advice.

Creamy sauces with steak are usually okay, cheese sauces may not be - but a little flour in the mix on one occasion probably wouldn't do too much damage.

You can always ask for mayo - I've been to cafe rouge a couple of times and had a chicken salad and steak with a salad. I just ask for dressing on the side and a pot of mayo.

If its a nice place - gastro pub or something, and say you'd like a steak with a blue cheese sauce then you can say you have a gluten intolerance (can't eat flour) and ask if they can make the sauces without it. Most places will oblige.

Booze wise - try and go for clear spirits if you do indulge.

Mmmm I'm quite looking forward to it now rather that dreading eating out. It will be a personal challenge :) yep gonna deffo stick to G&T or Vodka if I do have a drink. Thank you again for your help x

Back