Help :(

Apryl

Hello, I would love if someone could help me calculate how many syns I've had today, I seem to be doing it wrong, not choosing the right things and now I'm over my syns I think and I haven't even had any dinner! :S I'm on Extra easy

Breakfast:
Coffee with 100ml semi skimmed milk and two sweeteners
One ryvita with sunflower/pumpkin seeds + one triangle with light laughing cow cheese
One Banana

Lunch
One pitta (130cals)
Two tablespoons of light mayo
One can of john west tuna in sunflower oil drained
Onion

That's what I've ate today, think I'm already over my syns, dont know how to not be and still have what I enjoy, no idea what to have for dinner either.

Any help would be great.

Thank you

Hello, I would love if someone could help me calculate how many syns I've had today, I seem to be doing it wrong, not choosing the right things and now I'm over my syns I think and I haven't even had any dinner! :S I'm on Extra easy

Breakfast:
One ryvita with sunflower/pumpkin seeds + one triangle with light laughing cow cheese
One Banana

Lunch
One pitta (130cals)
Onion

That's what I've ate today, think I'm already over my syns, dont know how to not be and still have what I enjoy, no idea what to have for dinner either.

Any help would be great.

Thank you

You have had 17 syns so not too bad will get off my phone and do you a detailed breakdown and how you could make a few swaps if you like

Breakfast:
One Banana

Lunch
One pitta (130cals)
Onion

That's what I've ate today, think I'm already over my syns, dont know thow to not be and still have what I enjoy, no idea what to have for dinner either.

Any help would be great.

Thank you

Okay your milk can be your HExA
Ryvita = 2 syns
Laughing Cow Light = 1.5 syns
Pitta = 4 syns
100g Tuna = 4 syns
Sweeteners, coffee, banana and onion are free.

Total syns = 11.5 syns

Your within your syns don't worry :) xx

breakfast
you can have 250ml of milk as your hex a so your brews are good ..... you could even have a brew with 50 ml this evening if you like

pumpkin seed ryvita you can have 3 as your hex b so you still have 2 left to have today if you want them

laughing cow light is 1.5 syns a triangle or (if you hadnt had the milk you could have had 5 as a hex a )

so brekkie was 1.5 syns and the banana was superfree

lunch
right for a standard sized can of tuna in oil drained its 6.5 syns you could swap for tuna in spring water or brine drained for 0 syns a saving of 6.5 syns

the pitta now for a 130cal pitta its 6.5 syns you could have turned the tuna into a pasta salad with some cooked pasta and pack with peppers and onions for 0 syns

mayo your light mayo would be 2 syns a level tbsp .... i ALWAYS buy extra light as its only 1/2 a syn per level tablespoon so 4 tbsp would be 2 syns for the pasta salad (plenty of mayo is needed in a pasta salad in my oppinion lol)

your lunch was 17 syns .....so if you made those suggested swaps your lunch would have been 2 syns

you havent done too bad and going over by 2 syns is not bad really and you could easily have a syn free tea with a brew and some extra ryvitas (the 2 you have left from your b allowance so worry not)

you could have ham egg and sw chips for tea and a few pieces of fruit totally syn free

or a jacket spud with baked beans and a salad syn free

and have your ryvita later with sliced banana as a snack and have a good read of your sw book i read mine alot it helps you familiarise yourself with what are better choices

hope ive helped

Okay your milk can be your HExA
Ryvita = 2 syns
Laughing Cow Light = 1.5 syns
Pitta = 4 syns
100g Tuna = 4 syns
Sweeteners, coffee, banana and onion are free.

Total syns = 11.5 syns

Your within your syns don't worry :) xx
just been on syns online
a can of tuna in oil drained is 6.5
a 130 cal pitta would be 6.5 and she can have 3 of those ryvita as a b choice sorry to undermine your calcs but it is 17 syns with the mayo too only 2 over tho so not end of world xx

Last edited:
Oh thank you so much this has been a great help! I will deffo be getting tuna in brine from now on! Also I know that the co op pitta breads can be used as a heb.. just wondering if thats because the calories or less or the exact ingredients?? Because I noticed the weight watchers pittas and wraps are only 100cals, same as most slices of bread, so just wondering if I could use them as heb or do they have to be the co op ones?? I love myself some pittas!! lol Thank you once again

Healthy extrAs are due to fibre content rather than calories but there are now no pitta breads on the list, not even the coop one, so they do need synned :-

they sadly took wholemeal pittas off the list at xmas also the only white bread on the list is a weight watchers petit pain par baked 50g roll

Hi Patchworkpuss, I also have noticed that that in my food optimising book ( which was bought last yr though) it says you can have a 60g Co-op wholemeal pitta bread. Has this been changed for 2013 or was it changed before hand? I always used the sainsburys ones when they first took them off a few yrs ago and i carried on at my own peril. Luckly enough it didnt stop me losing but i have only just started SW plan again so i dont want to pick up bad habits. Just wondering if you knew when it was changed. Thanks:)

Back