help

candypie

Hi folks on day 6 of ts and yesterday was really hard i was soooo hungry all day and never slept much last night with really bad hunger pains. Surely i should be in ketosis now? I went to gym first since starting this and i was so lethargic i was trying to do stuff but my legs just wouldnt work so went for a swim and sauna after it but could that have been cause of my hunger? Dont remember last time being like this and just today im over the worst. Godd luck everyone thsi site is great.xxx

Hi Candypie,
I'm brand new and about to start tomorrow. Dreading the run up to ketosis, but seem to remember it took me until about Day 5 to hit it last time I did something similar. t
Only thing I could suggest is maybe drinking more water or herbal tea to fill your tummy up with? You might be asking a bit much of yourself too to be going to the gym in the first week. If you aren't in ketosis yet your body won't have switched over to using it's 'reserves' and you'll be running on empty.
Good luck, hope it won't be long for you now.
x

thanks anglouwoo hope i spelt that right! Im sure i was i ketosis sooner last time but makes sense what your saying about runnin on empty i had zero energy. Wishing you so much luck tomorrow on your journey this site is great so hope to hear how your getting on.xx

They dont advise exercise the first couple of weeks other than about 20 minutes of walking, you simply aren't having enough calories to do much more (you are running on empty basically as you said). After that some people do up their exercise but some people find that exercise stalls their weight loss on the scales (although obviously it'll be toning up, building muscle etc) so they avoid it til they're nearer goal. As for ketosis, it seems some people find it harder to get into than others, and for some it takes a bit longer. You'll still lose weight if you're not in ketosis but you wont be burning fat as efficiently.

I remember on LL they advised not to have the bars until you are in ketosis. Might that be the reason? Keep going, it will happen and you will feel better soon

Is that the case with exante bars? I have been having a shake, bar and soup each day (day 5 now) and I don't feel like I'm in ketosis yet as I'm still hungry and getting headaches.

No you can have Exante bars from day one so dont worry.

Exante originally marketed the diet as one soup, one shake and a bar a day. The bars have always been designed to be eaten from the start if you want :)

Thanks, every time I eat one I wonder how they can be eaten and not knock you out of ketosis with the oats in them?

Back