Hi all! just wanted a few opinions on what I've eaten today

Whole punnet of strawberries
3 weetabix breakfast biscuits
Innocent low cal Thai curry ready meal
Tin of tomato soup
6 kiwis!
2 Ryvita with chilli Philadelphia

Have also done 20 minutes exercise on my stepping machine

Is this a good amount to be eating in order to lose weight?
Thanks in advance!

Hi all! just wanted a few opinions on what I've eaten today

Whole punnet of strawberries
3 weetabix breakfast biscuits
Innocent low cal Thai curry ready meal
Tin of tomato soup
6 kiwis!
2 Ryvita with chilli Philadelphia

Have also done 20 minutes exercise on my stepping machine

Is this a good amount to be eating in order to lose weight?
Thanks in advance!

Are you following slimming world? If so, the weetabix biscuits, the ready meal and the soup would all need to be synned, which would definitely come in higher than 15. You can use syns online to work out the syn values.

I went to a couple of slimming world meetings and have got all the information but I don't really understand it! I understand that I can eat most fruit and veg and not have to weigh or measure portion sizes at all but am struggling with what to eat for meals. Not so much evening meals, but I am struggling with what to have for lunches. Any suggestions welcome!

Hi.....keep track of what you are eating, syn it, healthy a/b it so you know what you've ad and got left. For lunch you could have sw fry up, salad, soup, roll as healthy b. look for recipes for ideas, we had mushy pea curry tonight with savoury rice all free and loads of speed food. Search for petes recipe book on here it's brill.....

Which plan are you trying to follow. Is it extra easy, red or green?

You will really need to get the books out and read thoroughly to understand what is free food, how to incorporate the superfree food (the ratio should be 1/3rd) and your allowance of healthy extras each day. Every thing else after then needs to be synned. Red and green have additional amounts of healthy extras but measured amounts of meat and carbs dependant upon which plan you're on.

If you're really struggling you may be better off going back to group and getting some one-to-one advice with a SW consultant to ensure you are getting the full benefit of the plan. I'm really sorry but guessing will just lead to disappointment. I hope that helps. Good luck :)

Take a look at the food diaries section, as well as the what's for dinner, lunch etc threads. You will get a lot of ideas of what kind of things you can eat from them.

Last edited:
Yeah have a little browse around the forum and some peoples food diaries, it will help you out and give you some idea on how the plan works. It's really easy once you get used to it. Good luck :)

Back