HELP!!

Starry26

Hi all,

I am having a few issues this evening and could really do with just venting!

I am not hungry particularly but I'm on day 4 and I am just feeling a bit down. I hate the cravings... even for things I dont even like...

I was mega depressed cos my HB is slim and can eat what he wants, he had a lovely tea, and he asked me if I wanted him to eat it in the bedroom so it didn't depress me, I said yes.. WTF??

I don't want him to feel that he has to be exiled to another room to eat for the next 8 months ish. I also don't even want to hear about food and its all people are talking about!!!!!!!

I have a male friend who was texting me and in one of my texts I mentioned that I was loosing the will to live on day 4 of my diet and he text me back with 'oh I went to M&S for my tea today, it was lovely. Dieting sounds like fun tho' - ARE THESE PEOPLE STUPID! Telling me about how nice food was blah blah blah does not make things easy for me..

I am determined as anything to get this weight off but the psycological madness is returning.... :argh:
The battles in your head that you really want to do this but your brain then comes back with EAT IT!!! I am not going to cheat but I had to moan... I'm not usually a moaner so that I dont bring others down.. but I can't help it.

I know it's just first week, brain trying to sabbotage me, syndrome. I hope tomorrow is an ok day

x

i no EXACTLY what u mean ...... u tell them your dieting then u get the texts of what there having . me , i just dont get it is it stupidity is it evilness i havent a clue but i know i wouldent do it ,, rise above it smile sweetly you no why your doing this they can do all they like ,

yea true.. thanks hun... I wish I crawl into bed and sleep thru the next 8 months and wake up a slim godess lol x

just hold out till end of the week you will feel loads better (promise) ...the time will wizz by you get so use to it it becomes the norm xx

Keep strong and take each evening/ day as it comes - you did the right thing writing it down on here and getting it out. You sound like you have the answers to the cravings which is good and whilst they may never go away completely they will get better once you get further into the diet. You are doing really well - getting to day 4 of this diet is a real achievement. And there is nothing wrong asking your OH to go in to another room to eat, nothing at all.

I like you am in this for the long haul but it doesn't seem two minutes ago that I was in my first weeking wondering what madness I had got myself into. Now here I am nearly at week 8 and already have made huge changes to how I look and feel.

Stick with it, keep strong and once you see the losses week on week and notice the changes they will give you extra motivation. x

yea true.. thanks hun... I wish I crawl into bed and sleep thru the next 8 months and wake up a slim godess lol x

It's probably the last thing you feel right now but believe me once you hit target you'll wonder where the time went (is it really 1st June today??! :eek:) and it really will feel like you woke up a slim goddess - trust me :D

xx

thank you... i will do it. heres to sunday (1st weigh in)!

Hope you have a good week also! XX

Thank you all for your words of encouragement, I am a re-starter so I guess thats why my brain has it in for me. its harder the second or third time round. lol. I am determined tho... I shall no dount keep you all posted xx

good luck tara, you can do it, i know this will sound like the worst piece of advice right now, but the sooner you cook something for your hb it may help, i dont have to cook, but i have been doing it everyday and feeding my little boy, and the smell and satisfaction of making something, i dont actually want to eat it, maybe its psycological because im in control for the first time in my life, but for me it really helps,
it may not for you,
let us all know how you get on, take care xxx

my first day I made his tea... i was flying thru day one tho, was a breeze but I just can't bring myself to do it, lol. I may try again tho xx

Hey Tara..
just wanted to say chin up.....it is a tough diet hon you know that as you have been here before...... but You can do it....... Keep yourself busy chill on the couch with a magazine have a nice bubble bath...

I found the first few weeks a bit like that I used to get frustrated when others were mentioning food to me what they were having for dinner etc but now its just habbit I know what Im having and Im not bothered by what anyone eats in front of me..
Just think you are on the way to being slim........ and YOU CAN DO IT.. stick with it your doing fab x

I love the fact that you wrote your feelings down here. Not only does it help tremendously to say it out, get the demons (*voices*) out in the open to be named and shamed - but it's amazing how many of us see ourselves in each other's stories and we've all been through some version of it ourselves. In my case, repeatedly over and bloomin over again .
But the brain is like a SatNav: tell it where you need to go and if you stay on course, you will reach your destination. Your SatNav never asks you where you've been, or how long you were there or why it took you so long to enter in your new destination - it just maps it out for you to follow. Focus on today and look towards your destination!

Hi Tara,

Sorry I missed you yesterday - I didn't come on line!!

Sounds like you had a tough day - how are you feeling today babe??

Bx

Hi Tara, I'm still having these blasted cravings! And I too can't bear to be around food! And I too want to do a sleeping beauty thing and waken up thin! Sorry I'm moaning too! I'm supposed to encourage you but maybe to know you're not alone in your feelings might be an encouragement!

Back