Helping With Group

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Claireybella, 10 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Claireybella

Claireybella Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Does anyone else help with group? I occasionally help out at the shop, if there's no one else, but last week our C asked for help with weighing and booking in, so I volunteered. I figured that it may help me stay on track too and that I may enjoy it. What have I let myself in for? :8855:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. missgalaxy

missgalaxy Yummy Mummy! xx

Start Weight:
    248lb
    Current Weight:
    248lb
    Lost(%):
    0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW!
    I weigh people at my class and I really enjoy it! xx

4. tara40

tara40 Loves Norman Reedus

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(12.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    does your consultant still make you pay for your wi.

5. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I'm the weigh lady, have been for a long time and I really enjoy it. I enjoy sharing people's joy when they have lost - espcially those who don't weigh at home cos it's such a big surprise!

I'm sure you'll still have to pay for WI if you help Tara but you usually get the magazine for free.

It does help to help (if you know what I mean), it helps me as I know if I miss a class I will be letting the consultant down and that's just not fair as they rely on their "social team".

6. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love helping my C if the regular ladies dont turn up. I get to have a chat with everyone and listen to them.

7. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

I think you shouldnt have to pay for WI if you help, i think each class is different but thats what happens at ours.

I would love to know everyones weights - im so nosey! x

8. malaika

malaika Lover of Extra Easy

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I don't help with WI at the group I am with now, but I did with the first group I was with. I will, however, help any way I can, and have said so, but there are many willing volunteers already.
    I don't think that volunteers should get away with paying, as they are volunteers
    Sorry Ellebear but you are nosy! :p
    However, when one weighs in it's all just a number and you really don't remember!

9. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

I always wonder what people weigh, i think i constantly compare myself to others, and as i am one of the heaviest at group i wonder what other people who i consider 'slim' weigh - so i can compare myself again!

Mad eh? x

10. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    When I helped at WW classes I didnt have to pay for classes, which I thought was fair since I went early to help set up etc and stayed to help clear away :)

11. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I don't go early or stay later although a couple of the ladies do. There's no way I could get there early enough from work!
    Sonia is right, I don't take any notice of the weights, I couldn't really tell you what people weighed, I only know the target members weights as we tend to chat about it.
    There's no time to take any notice really, I have such a queue I move onto the next one quickly so I write it down before the brain has had chance to register what the numbers actually are!!!

12. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Before I started helping I hated that about classes, the idea of someone other than the class leader seeing my weight but soon realised when I started helping I had neither the time nor the inclination to look at anyones weight at all lol

13. Claireybella

Claireybella Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Thanks for all your replies, I didn't even think about not paying, but I would anyway. I tend to alwaes be the person to sell the raffle tickets, and as I said before, help out in the shop when they need someone. I think I'm gonna really enjoy it! :D I'll let you know after my first session on Monday.

14. tara40

tara40 Loves Norman Reedus

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(12.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I found that, when i did WW years ago and helped that i didnt have to pay. but when i helped at SW i did, not that i mind. If it is helping me loose my lardy bum then i'm pleased to pay :)

15. gemma_

gemma_ Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(16.5%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Do you think they should choose in right way ho weighs you? ... my main weigh in lady is lovely, however there's one that's really gloomy, she never smiles and when your happy she looks at you like 'why you happy' (dont say it) even when she's lost weight and c asks her how shes been she's like okay whilst having big frown on face. I know everyone as a personaltity but having this lady weigh you makes you feel rubbish even when you done great!
    but usualy lady smiles at least and says well done you etc i know i' not in nursery but still.

sorry totally taking over thread lol

16. Claireybella

Claireybella Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Not at all and I agree with you. We have a member like that, quite abrupt and never smiles!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.