HelsAngel's Super Angelic Food Diary (or not!)

Weigh in last night brought me a wonderful 2lbs on. I'm happy I suppose. I wasn't on plan for the whole time, mainly for the day but off in the evening. Not chocolate binging or excessive stuff, just whatever Mum was cooking for the rest of the family. It wasn't as bad as the 4lbs I thought it was. I've also had my medicine for my tummy which hindered me last time.

Had a man in his first week last night lose 13lbs!!! 2lbs less in a week than I've managed in 8 months! He wasn't even a big bloke! Thought it was really nice for him actually, normally I fake smile but this guy must have eaten absolute crap before SW so it's nice to see someone taking a positive change in their life. He was also wearing my favourite mens aftershave so I was naturally drawn to him. He's about 50 and looks a bit bouncer like. Tattoos, bald head, cockney accent. Not what you'd expect at my SW group!! I'm interested to see how he gets on next week.

As for me, I bought a 6 week countdown last night to take me through to the end of lent. I was made to tell everyone my lent challenge, to be 100% honest about my food diary even the bad stuff and to be 100% on plan for the whole of lent. Consultant made a point that it's really how we should all be ALL the time which while I agree with it, made me feel a little bit like I hadn't been trying for these last x amount of weeks. I have, my point is that I'm writing everything down honestly and showing my consultant.

I guess so that if miraculously, I'm not a slow loser afterall, I can use the diaries and what I've had as a "lost 2lbs this week" refresher. Failing that and I am a slow loser, the diary can be shoved under SW's nose screaming "why is your stupid plan not working for me?" Don't think I won't send it to head office myself!!

Last edited:
That's a bummer Hels..... I am so sorry :sigh:

Sadly I followed the one week that I did manage to lose 2lbs (yes, it only happened once in 8 months!) to the letter again several times but never replicated the loss... so go figure :confused:

Never mind - there's always next week

:bighug::bighug:

Annya said:
That's a bummer Hels..... I am so sorry :sigh:

Sadly I followed the one week that I did manage to lose 2lbs (yes, it only happened once in 8 months!) to the letter again several times but never replicated the loss... so go figure :confused:

Never mind - there's always next week

:bighug::bighug:

Thanks, Annya. No need to be sorry though. I know by now that any deviation from plan will cause gain. It's fine. I'm geared up for mega loss next week. Am singing at my friends 30th tonight and am saving all my syns for vodka. I might even go over. Ten syns worth on top shouldn't hurt right? Famous last words! ;)

Well, my lent diary died of death after a week!!

I wasn't able to write down what I was having at every opportunity so it's now completely left my head. I know I wasn't too bad though.

Had about 5 vodkas on Friday at Glens Party and a jacket potato without butter, a table spoon of chicken curry and a tablespoon of coleslaw. Not bad for a green day when I'd had no healthy extras all day. Could've been worse, Mike wanted to stop at McDonalds!!

I must say though, Mike and I had a really great weekend. I think if body magic was awarded for laughing, I'd be platinum after this weekend. My abs are aching from laughing. Nothing particular happened, we just laughed at each other lots.
Had a 1 egg omelette with mushrooms for brunch (about 12ish) and that took me right up til dinnertime at 8pm when we went to Harvester. Free Unilimited Salad is the best thing in the world. I had a massive bowl full of fresh, crispy salad, cucumber, carrots, sweetcorn, peppers, beetroot, red cabbage, celery, (no pasta, no dressing, no croutons). It was absolutely gorgeous and in future, I'll have that a not order a starter.

Another good thing about the Harvester (it's a new restaurant in Ipswich, we've not had one before) is that they label the calories on the menu so you can help make healthier choices. I know I'm not counting calories but knowing that the mixed grill is 1200cal and the chicken and chirizo skewers was 400cal (or something like that!) made my decision so much easier. I had a chicken breast and a quarter chicken- all skin removed (it came with a cajun chicken fillet too but I didn't eat it). I had a second bowl of salad instead of eating the potato side so all in all, not a bad show. Couple of glasses of wine and a couple of vodkas. Smashed syns again but could've been worse.

Sunday was tea, buckets and buckets of tea. 500mls of SS milk! Had Healthy A toast, 2 syns of spread, then roast beef which was amazing as usual, cooked by my wonderful Mum. It's no wonder I haven't moved out!!

So back to ducumenting my days. It's so easy at work to do it, not so much at the weekends but if I keep a good head on me then I won't ruin the week days :)

Sounds like you had loads of fun Hels, which is what life is all about after all!

I too love Harvesters - free salad and cal counted meals make for much easier healthy choices. Sadly, therey isn't one within miles of where we live now :-/

Sounds like you had loads of fun Hels, which is what life is all about after all!

I too love Harvesters - free salad and cal counted meals make for much easier healthy choices. Sadly, therey isn't one within miles of where we live now :-/

Thanks, honey. Mike and I share the same stupid humour. If something really tickles me I have a really LOUD, raucous laugh that really embarrasses me. Mike takes it upon himself to make me laugh like this all the time so everyone looks at me. Resturants, cinema, queueing in the Supermarket, Pubs, walking down the street. Anywhere!

Anyway, we loved the Harvester so much that we're going again on Tuesday for Dinnema, a phrase that we like think we coined but apparently has been about for ages. Can't wait already. Also, on the SW website, there's a Harvester Guide which is great for helping choices. On EE, it's a doddle there.

It's a shame you don't have one. I can't believe I've gone this long without one. It's on a strip with a Frankie and Benny's, Chimichanga's, Ask, Nando's, a Fayre and Square, a KFC, AYCE Chinese Buffet and a McDonalds. Harvester is by far the best choice! Is it any suprise that the gym above the strip closed a few months back!!

How was your weekend, Annya? Feeling ok after your marathon jog?

Thanks, honey. Mike and I share the same stupid humour. If something really tickles me I have a really LOUD, raucous laugh that really embarrasses me. Mike takes it upon himself to make me laugh like this all the time so everyone looks at me. Resturants, cinema, queueing in the Supermarket, Pubs, walking down the street. Anywhere!

Sounds like your other half and mine would get on like a house on fire. I too am a (rather loud) giggler - he knows exzactly how to start me off and frequently does!

Anyway, we loved the Harvester so much that we're going again on Tuesday for Dinnema, a phrase that we like think we coined but apparently has been about for ages. Can't wait already. Also, on the SW website, there's a Harvester Guide which is great for helping choices. On EE, it's a doddle there.

Good on you girlie - get out there and enjoy your life. You of all folks from sad personal experience know that life is too short.

It's a shame you don't have one. I can't believe I've gone this long without one. It's on a strip with a Frankie and Benny's, Chimichanga's, Ask, Nando's, a Fayre and Square, a KFC, AYCE Chinese Buffet and a McDonalds. Harvester is by far the best choice! Is it any suprise that the gym above the strip closed a few months back!!

Ha-ha..........they probably realised they were fighting a losing battle ;)

How was your weekend, Annya? Feeling ok after your marathon jog?

My weekend was good and we squeezed a lot of outside work in that has been waiting for months with the good weather we had, which was good.

My legs are not as bad a expected, thanks for asking. I do have a 2+ mile power walk with Lily every day (the first mile or so being a steady incline straight up into a pine forest), so I am relatively fit for a 50+ year old fatty. However, despite being a bit achy today, I am surprised I am not feeling crippled! My knackered knees are moaning a bit, but I wore supports yesterday - forewarned = forearmed stylee :D

Enjoy your Dinnema on Tuesday and don't forget your list :D

I'm baaaaaaack!!

Dinnema was lovely on Tuesday. Had grilled chicken breast with pilau rice and salad, no dessert, shared a (not so great) starter with my friend Lu. Back on plan all of Wednesday and all of today and I'm going to gain again, I KNOW I am. WI in about 15 minutes. I feel flumpy, I'm bloated and not going (surprise) and I feel utterly rubbish. Decided to cheer myself up a bit by looking at my stats and now I've put myself in a massive mood. Check these bad boys out!!

June - Lost 6.5
July - Lost 3
August - 5
September - STS
October - Gained 0.5 - Holiday
November - Lost 4.5
December - Gained 1
January - Gained 2.5
February - Lost 1

That doesn't even work out. I've lost 15lbs but that above makes it 16! I'm not Carol Vorderman but it doesn't make sense. Anyway, it's a pretty poor show and I'm feeling totally deflated. The weeks where I've done really well, I've eaten a load of homemade soups and stuff but I can't live on that forever, it's just not how I want to live. There's still no massive urgency for the wedding dress stuff but I'm not going to get there anytime at this rate. Restart with the diary. I feel like I want to restart the whole plan, restart my diary, delete this, delete all knowledge of everything I think I know and start all over again.

Maybe that's not such a bad idea...? I've bought a 6 countdown and that's the only thing that is keeping me from binging on Doritos!!

Will do todays diary when I get home and after WI.

Big. Fat. MEH. Am I going insane?

Last edited:
No words, so just some hugs honey...........

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

Annya said:
No words, so just some hugs honey...........

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

Thank you. :)
Mood shifted now. Ready to go....

Thursday 1st March - Green

A - 250ml SS Milk
A- 45g Red Fat Cheddar
B - Bit of chicken (couldn't measure but was less than half a breast)
B - Porridge 27g

Magic Porridge (With FF Yogurt), Banana

Potatoes, Chicken, Carrots, Green Beans, Gravy 1 syn
HM Hummus, Celery, Carrot Sticks, Sugarsnap Peas

Quorn Pieces, can of tomatoes, stock, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, sweetcorn, onion, mushroom. _With forthwith be called Quorn Casserole because it made LOADS!!
45g Red Fat Cheddar grated on top!
Was lovely actually. Was supposed to be a pasta bake but I kept adding vegetables and there was so much, I didn't want the pasta.

Made some oat pancakes last night DELISH but won't have them all (I made 15 small ones!) Rather than having them as a HEX, I'll syn them at 0.5 each. I really quite like them. SHame they took over an hour to make!!

2 Oaty Pancakes 1 syns

Total syns 2

Put on 1lb at WI last night so have now lost exactly 1 stone. I was this weight when I went on holiday in September!!
I've had it now. I don't deserve these gains. Even if I don't deviate from plan (which admitedly I did for 2 meals this week), it comes back on. I'm going to eat superfree till it comes out of my ears, cut down on free food portions, eat more fiberous stuff (wholewheat pasta instead of white), cook everything in frylight. you know the drills. It means I can't eat with my family every night because I'll be cooking something different but it's a small price to pay.

Still Bloaty McBloaterson, still haven't been, still feel rubbish, still carrying on. How I am managing to do this, I'll never know. I'd have given up months ago. I wish WW hadn't changed to propoints! I'd be a size 8 by now!! And a lot richer! ;)

Quorn Soup/Casserole (For reference)

2/3 bag of Quorn Pieces (A whole bag would also work and stretch further)
1 Onion
1 Can of Mushrooms (or fresh)
1 Can chopped tomatoes
Frozen Veg Carrots/Broccoli/Cauliflower/Sweetcorn (Fresh would be better actually)
Stock Cube
Bit of Water

Fry onion in bit of Frylight, once done add Mushrooms and defrosted Quorn Pieces, Add vegetables (defrosted), crumble a stock cube and add a bit of boiling water until consistancy in what you want.

Grate 45g Cheddar over top if you fancy.

Peppers would be good in this, potatoes also but would have to be very par boiled. Real meat if you were having on a red day (remove the sweetcorn) as well as Quorn. In future I will make more and freeze it in batches. It’s a really nice warming meal with tonnes of Superfree and very little free food. Could add pasta if wanted to bulk out a little more or serve with boiled pots, new pots, Mash pots, hell even SW chips, celeriac chips for hardcore SF-ness.

If this conconction makes me gain, I will hurt someone!

Right, let’s try and see if I can remember the weekend and week so far! I’ve been quite happily plodding along, Saturday was a bit risqué but I can make up for that!

Not feeling like I’ve shifted an ounce but scales this morning showed a 2lb loss so far so fingers crossed.

Saturday – I remember filling out my diary in the kitchen and there being 5 cups of tea! At night I had the carbonara from the website which Mike also loved, (3 syns), I had a glass of prune juice (4 syns) and a banana . Cocktail night at Josh’s was fun. I had 2 cocktails but because I’m allergic to Orange Juice, mine were made with Diet Lemonade so that saved syns (about 12 syns). I didn’t eat any of the Doritos and crisps and other things that were flying around. Had a further 3 vodkas in town (12 syns), had a subway when we left the club (9 syns). Dancing body magic?!
I also cleaned out the inside freezer and found about 5 portions of Super Speed Soup that I made and went shopping with Mum, bought a load of chicken and some Quorn, some frozen mushrooms and peppers. I also know that we have about 40 Corn cobs from the allotment in the freezer so I might make a Quorn soup again and have that with some Corn. Not covering it with butter is the hard bit!
So About 40 syns, I can make up for that, easy! I know that’s not how the plan works but desperate times!!

Sunday was such a lazy day. Stayed in bed for most of it, literally. Had a Roast Chicken dinner (breast) with loads of SF, special Roast Pots. Syns were 1 x Yorkshire Pudding (Bessie) (3 syns), Gravy (1 syns), mustard (1 syn), Prune Juice (4 syns) and about 10 Maltesers when Mike and I went to the cinema (6 syns) Good going actually as I fully intended to have a medium bag of salted/sweet popcorn!! Was very proud of myself even if the Maltesers weren’t the best idea!
Syns 15

Monday – Site visit at Anglia Ruskin University in Chelmsford. Had no breakfast at all and was starving but I got my first spot for absolutely ages. I don’t mean a little blemish, I mean an overnight second chin! So I sacrificed breakfast for concealer and cover up!
Had a cup of tea in the morning, a cup of tea with Sweetener and Skimmed milk when I was there, a 6” Turkey Subway (8 syns) at about 2pm then I had steak, onion and mushroom suet pudding without the suet!! Bless my Mum, knowing I’d have some kind of breakdown if she served me suet for dinner, set aside a portion of the filling and served me that with carrots, beans and a boiled potato! Also had my Prune juice (4 syns) but didn’t have my Healthy B (Classed as an EE day) because I’d had a synful lunch.
Sysn 12

And that brings us to Tuesday…..

Sounds like a plan my dear :)

Tuesday 6th March – Green

A – 250ml SS Milk
A – 75g Primula Light
B – 6 Wholegrain Cracker Breads
B – 2 Low Low Cheese Slices

Tea x 4
Diet Coke x 3
Prune Juice 4 syns

2 Eggs (Scrambled)
Shape 0% yoghurt

6 Crackerbread
Primula Cheese
Cucumber (about half of one!!)
Chicken Mugshot

Wotsits 5 syns

Superspeed Soup
Whole something pasta (wholewheat/grain/meal) It was brown anyway!
2 Slices Low Low Cheese

5 Chips – 3 syns (Did well to restrict myself to just that and even they were left overs. The family had Breaded Chicken Breasts, chips, beans and fresh crusty rolls with butter. What I wouldn’t have done!?!

Total syns 12

Loving this new found discovery of cheese as a B! I guess I just always thought cheese was an A choice but seeing as I sometimes struggle with B’s and have one left over at the end of the day, this will be great to add all sorts of stuff to my dinners. Did really well at reducing my portions today too although Lunch was a struggle (hence the Wotsits in the afternoon).

(TMI section)
Also, I’ve been having a glass (100ml = 4 syns) of prune juice every day since Saturday, thinking it might help with my bloating and blockages etc. so I can stop taking my nasty stomach medicine (basically Laxatives that make you gain water and not actually go!). I have weird reportings to be honest. I’ve still not been since Saturday and I feel bloated and uncomfortable, a lot more than usual today, so it’s not helping much in that respect. However, visually I don’t have a distended, bloaty stomach which I would normally. Scales are looking good, this morning was 10stone 11lbs which is a 3.5lb loss from Thursday WI although I didn’t have any clothes on and hadn’t eaten/drank. I’m hoping once I can actually “go”, I will feel a lot better and maybe even get back the 3lbs I’ve undeservedly put on for the last 2 weeks running. Heaven forbid it’ll be any better than that. Gaining this week is NOT an option, monthly cycle or not!

Go Hels, go Hels.......... you can do this :D

My little erm "problem" seems to have resolved itself now. I took the advice of someone on the SF forum who suggested drinking a large glass of water before or after drinking the shake and that seems to have done the trick. I will confess though, it's been diet cream soda rather than water most times, but it still works ;)

Hope you get sorted soon my lovely - there is little worse than being bunged up IMO :(

Wednesday 7th March – EE

A – 75g Primula Light
B – 27g Porridge

Tea x 4 4 syns
Diet Coke x 3
Water x 3

Porridge with hot water
Banana
Honey 1 syn
Yoghurt

6 Wholegrain Crackbreads 6 syns
75g Primula
Mushrooms
Cucumber
1 Alpen Light 3 syns

Pork Chop (fat removed)
Roast potatoes
Runner beans
Mushrooms, carrots, onions
Sweet and Sour packet sauce thing 2 syns

Bite of chocolate cake, MEH. Tried so hard to resist, FAILED!!
3 syns

Total syns 16ish

In other news, I've been!! Now feel even worse!!!
Weigh in tonight. Actually feel on course for a 2lber tonight. Scales say so too. We'll see :)

Hi there Hels - you OK my lovely?????

Hi Annya,

Thanks for asking. I’m ok ta. Very ok. Got Kim’s funeral on Friday. Dread isn’t the word. If I could forgive myself for not going, I wouldn’t go. It’s been hanging over us all for near on 6 weeks now and we’ve just sorted the flowers. All the girls have come together and we’ve got a lovely cocktail/martini glass shaped arrangement for her favourite “cosmopolitan” cocktail and we’re all writing our own cards and having a few pictures of us all attached. Trying to find the words for the card has so far taken me 3 days. It’s starting to feel a bit real now and I’ll have to take my head out of the clouds about it.

Anyway, I did text you on the Friday before we went to Gt. Yarmouth but maybe I got the number wrong or you didn’t receive it or something. Hope you had a good time. I did although I got really drunk and can’t remember what I was talking to my future father in law about. It was something about the wedding and paying for it so I hope to god that I didn’t say what I was thinking!!!!

Still on plan, stayed the same last week. Cooked a massive SW roast yesterday for my Mum followed by Apple Crumble which isn’t brilliant but I made it with sweetener rather than sugar so better than it could’ve been. SW roasties, broccoli, carrots, runner beans, parsnips, beef. It was amazing and all I ate all day and I made it all by myself. Mike is now certain that I’m “good wife material”.

I reckon my losses have stopped now. I’ve played with the same 3lbs since September as I’ve said before and it just doesn’t seem to want to shift, no matter how hard I try. A change is gonna come I reckon. I don’t think that’s a switch to WW or any other plan, I think it’s time I actually got my butt in gear and started exercising properly. Now the nights are a bit longer and lighter I’ll restart C25K, get Mike on board (who’s packed on more than a few pounds in the last 2 months but don’t tell him I said that!) , get Jillian back in the player and tone up or something if I can’t eat myself skinny this time.

Thanks for popping by Annya, I do check your diary and read every day. I unsubscribed from SL about 2 weeks ago because I just didn’t have anything in common anymore and now I just float around in subscribed threads and look at recipes. Doesn’t mean I’m ignoring you or not interested, I just don’t get on my laptop very often to type properly and "like" and what not. J

Love xx

Hey there sweetheart - just so long as you are OK, that's all that matters...........

Didn't get your text - would love to have met up, but there's always another time.

Been having a bit of a binge last couple of days, but getting back on track now - dunno why I always seem to balls things up just as they start to go right - TBH sick of agonising over it too!

I rarely comment in SL now - in fact I don't get on there much either. I stay in touch with Bev via my diary and that's about it.

I will pop in here to say hello and how are you from time to time - do the same with me huh?

Much love, Annya xxxxxxxxxxx

Back