helzzz's diary - 59.5lb lost, 15.5 to go!

I stayed the same last week - looks like the two days of being good before the weekend did the trick! :D Isn't it weird - on Wednesday I'd have given anything so stay the same, and while I'm really happy that I didn't gain I'm also a little disappointed that I haven't lost every week since Christmas.

I made some ok choices at the weekend - no starters, desserts or birthday cake for me. I didn't force myself to finish my curry when I got full - I handed it to hubby. I did eat a poppadom and half a naan bread though. On the Sunday the pub lunch menu had nothing healthy on it except salad (and that had dressing on) so had smothered chicken with tomato & cheese (hexa) and chips which I'm sure were a lot of syns but managed to refuse the chocolate fudge cakes that the others were sharing so was quite proud of me.

This week I'm back on track - on Monday weekly menu was planned and shopping was done. I've stuck within my syns so far this week.

Today is 4 years since me and hubby got engaged. It's made me think. I set myself a challenge of being at target before we got engaged. When hubby proposed I was 11st 2lb. I can't believe that after 4 years of yo-yoing I'm now 3st 6lb heavier than I was then! :( I'm not going to let it get me down - I just want to be able to say this time next year that I'm lighter than I was before we got engaged. Hopefully I'll also be able to take off my engagement ring for cleaning as it's too small at the moment and won't come off! :eek:

hey babes. well i would like to wear my wedding and engagement rings. i took them off when my fingers swelled when i was preggers (both from water retention and fat retention :D) and haven't had them on (at least not comfortably and for more than 30 seconds) since. so being able to wear them would be fab :)

i was about 14st 7 when i got married if you can believe it. that sounds so heavy but i was so happy with the size i had gotten down to. i'm three stones heavier than that now. really, before this wedding, i would like to get into the 16 stone-and-something range. but we'll see. as long as it's going down i'm doing better than i have been, ha.

well done on your stay the same hon. i knew you'd get back on track :D chuffed for you :D

abz xx

I'm going to try a fish week this week (if it swims it slims - love that quote).

It's mainly extra easy so please tell me if you think I've not got the super-free right. I know that there's a lot of samey fruit but I love bananas and also am a bit fussy with fruit. I might replace some bananas with grapes during the week at lunch times.

[FONT=&quot]Monday 14th March (EE)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]B – weetabix (B) & milk (A) & banana[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]L – smoked salmon cream cheese spirals with salad – 2 wraps (9), lf philly (56g = 4), banana, clementine[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]T – melon, ham & prawn cornets 2 tsp lf mayo (1) rice with spring onions, carrots, mushroom[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Syn total: 14[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tuesday 15th March (Red)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]L – prawn & egg mayo (1) sandwich (B), banana, clementine[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]T – melon; smoked salmon salad; egg, cheese (A), lettuce, cucumber, h/m, coleslaw (1), bread & margarine (SYNS depend on bread choice)[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Syn total: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wednesday 16th March (EE)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]L – crabsticks, cucumber sticks, carrot sticks, lf philly (56g = 4), banana, clementine[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]T – leek & watercress soup; prawn & asparagus risotto: rice, prawns, asparagus, spring onion, 125ml white wine (4) (Irresistible J/J 07 p13)[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Syn total: 8[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thursday 17th March (EE)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]L – pasta n sauce with tinned tuna & frozen veg, banana, clementine[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]T – carrot & coriander soup; smoked haddock with mushrooms & leeks 56g lf philly (4), and butternut squash mash (irresistible N/D 06 p30)[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Syn total: 4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Friday 18th March (EE)[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]L – tuna mayo (1) salad sandwich (6), banana, clementine[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]T – melon; cod in parsley sauce (1.5) with spring onion mash, carrots & peas[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Syn total: 8.5[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Saturday 19th March (Red)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]L – smoked salmon & lf philly (56g=4) bagel (11)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]T – carrot & coriander soup; salmon fishcakes with 200g rustic oven chips (2) and a large salad[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Syn total: 17[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sunday 20th March (Red)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]L – prawn &crabstick mayo sandwich (B)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]T – melon; rainbow trout fillet stuffed with spinach & ricotta (6) served with cabbage and carrot and swede mash[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Syn total: 6[/FONT]

Hia, saw your plea for help on the Fishy Week thread so thought I would pop in and say hello :wavey:

Your EE plans look fine hun ... don't forget to have some fruit next weekend which you haven't factored in yet.

Weetabix & chopped up banana is my new favourite breakfast ;)

Can I ask what wraps you use to only be 4.5 syns each?

Hi Ali,

Thanks for popping by. Thanks for the advice & reassurance.

I get asda wholewheat wraps - they're the small ones that are by the fajita kits, not the big ones from the bakery section. Also you can have weightwatchers ones for 5 syns.

Hi just popped into fish week so thought i'd check out your diary ...... looking good as long as you get your 1/3 superfree on ee which seems you will then that should hopefully get you a good loss good luck and enjoy.x:)

Thanks Chocaslim. I'm really looking forward to fish week (although I think that I may need to invest in some mints for while I'm at work). I was a bit nervous about EE as it all went a bit wrong last time (didn't manage to eat all of my superfree) so it's good to have reassurance that it looks fine.

I've made my lunch for tomorrow and it looks lovely - I was soo tempted to eat it as I was making it - can't wait til tomorrow! :D

Well I lost 3lb this week. I am so happy! I was dancing in the bathroom.

Isn't it weird how quickly your attitude towards weightloss can change. 10 days ago I'd had a blow out and lost my motivation. Today I'm on top of the world.

I was looking through my SW book this week and realised it's a year since I joined the classes (although I had at least 6 months of not following the plan between stopping going to class and starting on here). I am 2 stone 1 lb lighter than this time last year so it's all going in the right direction. This week's weight loss has put me back to averaging 1.5lb per week since Christmas. If I carry on like this I'll make it to target by Christmas! :D

woohoo!! well done you!! :D

i can't believe it's a year since we went to class. you are lighter, i am heavier... c'est la vie and all that :D ha.

mega congrats on your 3lb loss babes. that's awesome :D

abz xx

Thanks guys.

Abz - you won't be heavier than last time for much longer - you're doing really well. We just have to make sure we keep eachother on track!
x

Just been catching up on your diary hun... Absolutely fab for a 3lb loss this week... Well done... Your fish week looks yummy!! & not even usually a big fishy fan!! Hehe... Superfree looks fab for EE from what i can see, I would just be careful with having too many banana's... i always been told the same xxx

Just been catching up on your diary hun... Absolutely fab for a 3lb loss this week... Well done... Your fish week looks yummy!! & not even usually a big fishy fan!! Hehe... Superfree looks fab for EE from what i can see, I would just be careful with having too many banana's... i always been told the same xxx

Thanks hun. I'm so excited about fishy week - spent all morning looking forward to lunch. I'm not normally a massive fish fan but I've chosen non-scary fish so it should be good. Did my weekly shopping, bought frozen fish on offer and spent less than £40 on food (I was worried fish week would be really expensive)! :D I'll be careful with bananas - as long as I have 2 pieces of fruit with lunch I'll probably vary them. I always have 1 banana a day though so that won't change.

Hey hun,

Day 1 of fish was yummy (although I should probably get nicer prawns in future - asda smart price frozen weren't that great). I also did my first day of the 30 day shred and now I'm shattered.
x

30 day shred? is this a thread or something i know nothing of? whatever it is, if you're knackered then it will pay off :D

good luck with day 2 :D me and iz are off swimming today. why is it they never make the baby pool quite warm enough? she gets so cold so fast!!

abz xx

30 day shred is a fitness DVD with Jillian Michaels from Biggest Loser. If you manage to do it for 30 days it's supposed to be really good for weight loss and inch loss. I'm quite achy today! :(

On the plus side my lunch of crabsticks, cucumber sticks and carrot sticks with philly light with chives was delicious!!! :D

Enjoy your swimming Abz! Hope it's a little warmer today.
x

Hel - well done on your weight loss do far - your diary has given me good motivation - really liked your honestesy
Im think of getting the 30 day shred - is it good??

Hiya Vitfa. Thanks for your comments. It's nice to know that the diary is helping other people; it's definitely helping me.

So far I've done day 1 of 30 day shred. I was really tired yesterday and achy today so it obviously is doing me some good. The dvd is split into 3 levels with each level having a warm up, three 6 minute "circuits" which consist of strength, cardio and abs, and a cool down. It takes about 27 minutes to do level 1.

Good luck with your targets.

Back