helzzz's diary - 59.5lb lost, 15.5 to go!

Thanks Abz.

I read your post then thought 'if I take oven chips with me the syns will be much better'. Hubby phoned his dad and mentioned that but his dad (who is the one who cooks) says he'll do chicken stew instead! Crisis averted! :D

I'm really pleased as I didn't let it ruin my week and still kept to my plan for today. In the past I'd have said sod it, the weekend's going to be awful so I may as well stop trying. This time I thought I'd try to minimise the damage. My attitude towards food is definitely changing.

woohoo!! go chris :D glad you managed to sort something out and i hope you have a good time :)

it's my weigh in day tomorrow. i really hope the scales give me something luvverly as i've really really worked my arse off at it this week. me!! exercising hard. for at least 20 minutes an evening after izzy has gone to bed!! it means that basically she goes to bed, i do my exercises, thomas does his, and then it's time to go to bed to get up at 6am... so i'm chuffed with myself for sticking with it, even if thomas has copped out a few times :D (although to be honest that just makes me more smug and determined to do it... ha).

what day is your weigh in day?

abz xx

Well the weekend's over and it went better than I expected. I took my muller light for after tea on Saturday (which was chicken tonight - 3 syns for the meal) and ate that while everyone else ate apple crumble & cream.

Today I'd taken my weetabix & banana so stayed on track for breakfast. Lunch was not perfect - I chose salmon (HEB) with marie rose sauce to start (only about 1tbs marie rose) and had a vegetable lasagne. it didn't have white sauce in it - there may have been some on the top though with the cheese (HEA). I also couldn't resist a warm white bread roll with 1 portion of butter and 3 small scoops of ice-cream (it was a 3 course set menu and ice-cream seemed to be a better option than cakes and crumbles). Not sure how many syns I've used. I had 18 available - sure I'll have gone a bit over but hopefully not by too much. I managed to avoid the chips that were in a dish on the table so I'm feeling quite proud of myself.

It's * week as of yesterday and I'm feeling bloated today - hopefully that won't show too much on the scales tomorrow - I've been really good and want at least a 2lb loss this week.

My MIL made me laugh though - she asked me if all this slimming stuff was making a difference. I told her I'd lost 1.5 stone since Christmas. The reaction was "Oh! Well if we saw you more often I might notice!" 2 digs in one there - I'm mega impressed. Luckily I decided not to take offence and have decided that if she's not telling me I'm putting on weight anything else must be a bonus! :)

ha. oh hon!! she astounds me!! well done on the weekend. you've done fabulously. i am going to have some ice cream tonight as i've hardly had any cals yet today and i figured if i can then i can. better than blowing it with cravings when you can't right? ha. it will all be carefully measured :)

you are doing so well. you should tell her that if she was more pleasant then maybe you'd see her more... :p

abz xx

Just realised I hadn't updated this week - I lost 1lb, was a little disappointed as I'd been so much better than the week before and still lost the same amount. Still - it was * week so that may have made a difference. At least it's not a STS or gain. I also got my club 10 finally but didn't manage to get under 14 stone which was what I was hoping for.

I'm currently taking a break from cleaning the house as we have friends coming to stay tonight who are coming to the wedding tomorrow. The dress I bought that I was so excited about didn't look right when I tried it on in front of a full length mirror so I'm wearing a dress that I wore when I was on honeymoon instead. It's just a cheap summer dress but hubby thinks it looks fab so I'm going to trust his judgement. I feel comfortable in it as it's floaty so I'm not going to spend the day worrying about my tummy or bum so I guess that's a positive.

I'm off to Liverpool on Sunday evening for the night to see my brother and his baby (she's five months old and I haven't seen her since February since they've been in New Zealand so I'm really excited about seeing them). Because I'm away Monday I can't weigh in then so I'm moving weigh in to Sunday (if I get up early enough) or Tuesday. I'm worrying about weighing on Sunday morning as I'll have been at the wedding all day and night the day before. I've chosen butternut squash soup to start and vegetable and camembert bake and the dessert is sticky toffee pudding. Of course there's then going to be at least a couple of glasses of wine - maybe some southern comfort and buffet food, which I'll try to be sensible with. It's going to be a flexi syn day as I've only really saved a few syns this week (would have been more but I went out for the day on Wednesday with a client and couldn't resisit some chippy chips - they were the best chips I've ever eaten so well worth 17.5 syns). On the plus side I weighed myself today (naughty I know but I've always weighed myself most days - I just only count the Monday weigh in as the official one) and I was 13st 11. That takes me under 14 stone (unofficially) which was my target for the wedding so I'm a happy bunny. Hopefully I'll still be in the 13s when I weigh on Sunday.

well done babes :D

i haven't made it into the 16s. i will weigh myself tomorrow morning to be sure but unless i've lost 1.5lbs in 3 days it's unlikely... :)

abz xx

Well I've weighed in a day early as I'll be at my mum & dads tomorrow so can't weight then. I lost 1lb and am now officially under 14st! :) Considering I was at a wedding all day yesterday I think it's fab! Having said that it takes me to 4 weeks in a row where I've lost 1lb a week so it looks like my average is now 1lb a week rather than 1.5lb which it was. While I know that's still a good loss I won't make it to target by Christmas at 1lb per week. I think it's time to get on wii fit and kinect again.

On the plus side I'm feeling very proud of myself for how I was yesterday. Normally at buffets I'm a big pig. There was nothing really SW friendly but I had one plate of 4 little triangles of sandwich (1 ham, 1 tuna and 2 cheese & onion which I'd picked up cos I thought they were egg mayo), a handful of crisps and a small piece of garlic baguette. I didn't go back and graze at the buffet like I normally would so I'm feeling really good about myself! It's another sign that my eating habits are changing for the better.

Best of all I was wearing a summer dress which was quite floaty so no lumps and bumps on display so I didn't feel fat at all! :D

you looked fabulous babes :D i didn't go back to the buffet either. i had a couple of triangles and then one each of the strange ball nibble things and a piece of garlic bread. i didn't feel fat until i saw the photos!! i did dance solidly for most of the night with a very lovely partner however, so that may have helped :) i need to get back to counting properly which i haven't done as i was out all day sunday and monday but i didn't make bad choices. still. i bet i gain this week!! well done on the lb.

Well I'm feeling positive this week. Sunday was a bit of a write off in terms of SW. I'm going to write it all down here to try and keep myself on track. I had friends staying so cooked up a feast for breakfast and ended up eating 2 pieces of white toast with lf margarine as well as weetabix and a glass of orange juice (which is a lot less than I made for the others so I guess that's a positive). We went out for lunch and I ordered a tuna melt & chips. The baguette was white, massive and had far more than a healthy extra of cheese on it but I ate it all and enjoyed it. Also had a small slice of chocolate wedding cake. We went to my mum's for tea and had help yourself - basically salad, meats, eggs etc. I ate mainly free foods but I did have one mini sausage and 2 pieces of white bread with lf margarine. Mum had also made trifle and done a separate one for me with no sponge fingers, sugar free jelly & fruit, a tiny bit of custard and no cream so I had half a bowl of that. I probably ate at least 60 syns, if not much more! :(

Anyway, that was Sunday and it's now Wednesday and I've been good since then. Here's what I've eaten so far and will eat this week:

Mondays was:
L - cheesy bean pasta (A)
T - 500g chicken fried rice (15.5) and 12 prawn crackers (9)
syn total - 24.5

Tue:
L - chicken & cheese mayo pitta (A + B + 2.5)
T - spinach & ricotta pasta (6)
snack - 56g lf philly (4), 4 squares galaxy caramel (8)
syn total - 20.5

Wed (red day)
L - ham mayo pitta (B + 0.5)
T - chicken & bacon wraps with cheese (A), butternut squash wedges and coleslaw (1)
syn total - 1.5

Thu
L - egg mayo pitta (1 + B)
T - cheesy bean pasta (A)
syn total - 1

Fri
L - mushroom & dairylea pasta (A)
T - cod stuffed with spinach & ricotta with McCains oven chips and coleslaw (3)
syn total - 3

Sat
L - homemade vegetable soup
T - chicken fajitas: 3 wraps, salsa, fromage frais, chicken & cheese (A + B + 16)
syn total - 16

Sun
L - soup
T - may be out for tea

I'll be having weetabix and milk for breakfast everyday plus bananas, melon and grapes throughout the week. So far the plan has used 66.5 syns. I want to save 25 for Sunday which leaves me with 15 syns for snacks. I'm feeling positive and want a loss again!

Well I've been a naughty girl. Not posting on here hasn't helped!

Two weeks ago I was really good and lost 2lb! However this week I gorged on my easter choccy and had some take-aways and put on 2lb! :( It was totally deserved and I think I needed to see a gain (my first one since Christmas) to remind me that I can't go off plan and get away with it.

Anyhoo - this week I'm determined to be good. I've done my plan and went shopping yesterday so that's the first part of the battle. Last week went wrong partly cos I was too tired to go shopping on Tuesday and then feeling ill with cold / hayfever type stuff so not wanting to cook. This week WILL be different!

The only meal I've not planned yet is this Friday - it's 8 years since me & hubby got together so we're celebrating. We were going to get a take-away (and we still might) or I might come up with a fabulous menu idea instead. Either way I have about 35 syns saved for then so I think I should be okay as long as I don't let the half-eaten MASSIVE dairy milk bar in the kitchen tempt me.

I need to get back on track now - my Christmas deadline is looking less and less likely as I still need to lose 48lbs but I'm determined to lose as much as I can by then. I think it might be time to bring out the 30 day shred (It's 30 days til my birthday so I may still surprise myself) but last time I managed 1 day before being in too much pain to continue so I'm not holding out too much hope. I did get back on wiifit on Sunday so I might at least stick with that even if I don't manage 30 day shred.

I'm 1/3 of the way through my weightloss journey and nearly at the weight I was when I joined ww all those years ago. That's quite a depressing thought but on the positive side I don't think I feel as bad about myself as I did then so I guess something's changing in me. Hopefully this time I'll lose the weight (even if I am taking the scenic route) and keep it off.

It's all a bit of a ramble today - sorry about that!

you are doing brilliantly babes. i too seem to have gone off the rails. not hugely. well, hugely one day, ha. but i need to start again if i'm not going to be a huge blob when i go to denmark. i have a few weeks before izzy's birthday and i would like to be a bit lighter by then... we'll see :)

abz xx

I lost 2lb this week! Food wise - wasn't great (ilnnes turned into full blown cold and migraine so I didn't do much cooking) but I did a lot more walking at work so that's a positive! Just need to be careful that I dont let it catch up with me this week.

We're off work this week (not going away though). I'm going to make lots of home-made soups for lunches (carrot & coriander, butternut squash, maybe speed soup)

Mon (GREEN or EXTRA EASY)
B - weetabix (B) milk (A) banana
L - going out, not sure where yet
T - soup

Tue (RED)
B - omlette with cheese (0.5A) and ham
L - soup
T - healthy extra pizza (2xB 1.5xA) with ham & mushrooms

Wed - (GREEN or EXTRA EASY)
L - soup
T - my parents coming, will cook a SW meal but parents haven't decided what they want yet

Thu (GREEN)
L - my in-laws are coming and we'll go out for lunch (I've chosen chicken (B), bacon (4) and cheese (A) with new potatoes & veg)
T - soup

Fri (EXTRA EASY)
L - soup
T - wagamamas for a friend's birthday - chicken & noodle type dish, just syn oil

Sat (GREEN)
B - omlette with ham (2) and cheese (A)
L - soup
T - friends b'day bbq if nice - 3 veggie burgers (1.5) 3 veggie sausages (1.5) 3 rolls (2xB + 6) cheese (A) mayo (2)

Sun (GREEN)
L - soup
T - mixed bean casserole with rice

glad it's going well for you hon. i'm a total disaster. i am just so tired that food prep isn't happening and i'm falling into old and easy habits. am wondering whether i should low carb it a bit as it's an old favourite and i know all the easy pre-prepared stuff. at this point i'm willing to try just about anything. i'm going to just get fatter and fatter until i explode...

I gained 1lb.

I've been off work all week on holiday. This week included 3 meals out, a BBQ and a couple of take-aways. I've made healthier choices than I used to and I guess in the past I'd normally put on way more than 1lb on holiday so it's not all bad. I've been really ill all week so not felt up to cooking.

However, I now need to get my act into gear if I want to lose this weight. I've yo-yo'd my way through May, losing the grand total of 1lb and I need to get a grip. It's my birthday in 2 weeks and now need to lose 4lb to reach my mini target of 2 stone by then. I've planned this week and this time I'm totally doing it by the book. I'm having up to 15syns a day and not doing any carrying over - I either use or lose my syns. The meals will use 8syns plus a day and then I know what I'm allowed each day for snacks - no going over. If I can stick to that for the next two weeks I might just reach my mini target.

I've also increased my final target by half a stone. I was feeling really demotivated looking at how much I have to lose so I've set it to 11st - just inside my healthy BMI and then can lower it again once I've reached that. Losing 1lb a week will take me to about 11st10 by Christmas which I'd be happyish with, but it would only take a few weeks of more than 1lb per week to actually get me to target by then.

I know that if I don't lose consistently in the next couple of weeks I'm in danger of losing motivation completely. I'm not prepared to let that happen so I need to get back on track now. I've decided that rather than post my weekly plan I'll come on daily and write what I actually ate - I think it might help me to stick to it a bit better.

So far so good. Yesterday's food was weetabix (B) milk (A) banana
ham (2.5) cheese (6) mayo (0.5) pitta (B) grapes, banana, yoghurt
quorn chicken pasta with cheese (A)
low fat choc mousse (3) alpen light (3)

total syns used = 15 :)

well done babes. don't let it slide. look what happened to me!!

i have to lose 1.4lbs by a week on thursday in order to make it to the 16s for izzy's birthday. so i really have to stay on track too as any little blip will cause me to gain about 6lbs in water weight!! ha. and that would really suck.

here's to two weeks of being sterling :) we can do it babes. and you will make your target by your birthday!!

abz xx

Well another 100% day - I'm stil feeling really awful this week so I'm extra proud of myself. Today I had:

B - weetabix (b) milk (a) sweetener
L - ham (2.5) philly light (5) pitta (b) banana, grapes, yoghurt
T - ham (4.5) & pea tagliatelle with cheese (a)
snack - low fat choc mousse (3)
Total syns = 15

Abz, you're right - we can both get our mini targets. I'm not going to let this damn headache thing ruin the last 5 months of good work. Here's to another good day tomorrow. X

that's the spirit :D you'll feel awful on top of the headache if you don't stick with it :)

i just don't feel like i'm on a diet. slightly concerned that i'm going to wake up with a 7lb gain one day...

abz xx

Why would you gain 7lbs overnight? :p it's great when you don't feel like you're on a diet. :)

Yesterday was another 100% day!
B - weetabix (b) milk (a) sweetener
L - egg mayo (1) pitta with grapes, banana, yoghurt
T - quorn lasagne (4.75 for white sauce), oven chips (2.5) mayo (1)
snack - quavers (5.5)
total syns = 14.75

I turned down biscuits at a meeting as I didn't know what the syns were - feeling proud! :)

I made double yesterday so today's meals will be exactly the same. I'm out doing voluntary stuff til 8ish so will be nice to have something to just chuck in the oven when I get home and not have to cook.

Tomorrow looks like a long day! Work are taking a load of clients to Scarborough and it looks like I'll be going. If so it means that the bus won't get back til 7 so it will be 8 by then time I've taken my clients back home! :( I can see me being tired and hungry and need to make sure that I have plenty of superfree snacks with me! Hubby is supposed to be getting tea ready for when I get home at 8.45 - lets see if he does!

Back