helzzz's diary - 59.5lb lost, 15.5 to go!

Hi Linzi,

I don't mind you using the money idea - hope it works for you. I'm doing it so that the more I lose each week, the more each pound is worth - each lb is worth an extra 50p than the one before it. This will also work in reverse so when I gain I have to take the same amount out - hopefully it will stop me having blow outs and big losses!
1lb = £1.00
2lb = £2.50
3lb = £4.50
4lb = £7.00
5lb = £10.00

AAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!:argh:

I'm writing essays that are due in on Friday and still have 5000 words to go - it's doing my head in!!! It's times like this when I rely on chocolate and crisps to keep me going. :cry:

I'm going to have an options (2 syns) and hope that keeps the cravings at bay - and gives me a 5 minute break from writing.

Well I stuck to the plan yesterday - not sure how! I didn't have that hot chocolate in the end - when I went to the kitchen I got myself some squash and didn't have time to wait for the kettle to boil so I got back to work instead.

Tea was AMAZING! Diet coke chicken is delicious and I weighed out 4 syns worth of oven chips to go with it, making yesterday 4.5 syns in total (providing I shared out the chicken correctly but I won't have been far wrong)

Anyway - had a sneaky weigh of myself and it looks like I've lost 3lb since Monday :D That'll keep me going for the rest of the week, but I won't record my weight loss until Monday so I'm not counting my chickens yet but definitely feeling positive.

Today's plan (extra easy)

Breakfast: weetabix (HexB), milk (HexA), sweetener

Lunch - omlette with ham & mushrooms made in fry light

Tea - something with chicken & bacon, either a fried rice or chicken & bacon melts (with 1 slice of l.f. processed cheese ~ 3syns) with slimming world wedges or normal oven chips= 4syns)

Hubby's cooking tonight as I have too much work to do so it's whatever he fancies making - either is within my syns.

Back to essay writing - 4600 words to write by tomorrow lunch time so probably not a lot of sleep tonight. I know I can do it but can I do it without crisps & chocolate? Probably if I rely on lots of options sachets to get me through it. :wave_cry:

Well done hel, you aer doing fantastically well to stick with it....I also know how hard it is to avoid the junk food while studying!

Keep up the good work and i'm sure you will have a nice pot of dosh to spoil yourself with....You will be able to treat yourself to a nice expensive outfit for you dh's party xx

DAY FIVE

Essays are done! (apart from a couple of references - my mum is proof reading them now for me) Now just to learn four essay questions before my law exam on Monday - the questions are all answered so at least I don't have to write any more!

I still managed to stick to the plan yesterday - 4 days at 100%. I'm fighting the mentality that says I deserve a treat for being good and also finishing my essays - my treats are always food based.

Plan for today:
Breakfast: Weetabix, sweetener and milk (HexA and HexB)

Lunch: Pasta n sauce of some variety (less than 2 syns)

Tea:
Either spaghetti bolognaise made with quorn mince only syns would be for some tomato puree
or
Salmon salad with bread and cheese as healthy extras.

I'll see what hubby fancies.

I'm feeling really proud of myself today - not only are the essays finished but I also managed to get through it without succumbing to any junk food - I didn't even have an options to satisfy my chocolate cravings. I can normally be quite good once I start a diet - particularly if I can see a difference, it's once the scales slow down that I find it difficult, at about the 1 - 2 stone mark. I'm trying not to think of this as a diet, more of a lifestyle choice and I'm hoping I can stick to it this time. I know I can lose all the weight - I managed it about 4 years ago on WW core plan but as soon as I started eating normally it crept on and more. This time I need to think of this as a way of life - not just a diet.

You've done well to stick to plan 100% even whislt studying...Good on you... i sound very similar... quite good when i can see results... so bit hard atm being pregnant hehe but i know it's healthier for my baby & me in the long run!!

Hope you get a well deserved loss on WI :D Keep up the good work xxx

Well - it's coming to the end of Day 7 and I've managed to stick to the plan. I'm going to have to work on hubby - although he's being really supportive of me and cooking while I'm revising he hasn't quite got the idea that things need to be measured. He made me a pasta n sauce for lunch yesterday and put in some margaring but wasn't sure how much! He also fried eggs today and just chucked some oil into the pan. It's been okay both days as I hadn't really had any syns anyway and it will still have been way under my daily allowance but that may not have been the case. I'll have to put stickers on things saying MEASURE ME!

Anyway - it's weigh in tomorrow and I'm feeling so-so about it. In the past when I've started a diet (or healthy eating as I'm trying to think of it this time) I've lost somewhere between 5 and 7 pounds in the first week, but I'm normally really gung ho about it and do lots of excercise. This week I've been too busy writing essays and revising - and I've been glued to my laptop. I'm worrying that as a result I may not have lost as much as I was secretly hoping for and that I'll end up being really disheartened tomorrow morning. I know when I don't feel positive that's when I'm likely to succumb to temptation. I hope I'm worrying over nothing and I know a loss is a loss but I'm just aware that it will be easy to start slipping over the next couple of weeks if I'm not careful.

It's hubby's birthday on 23rd December so there's always extra celebrations around this time anyway.

Tomorrow is a uni night out - no meal just drinks so that's a good thing. I don't drink much so a couple of southern comforts won't be too bad on syns.

Wednesday is hubby's birthday meal with all of our friends (as we're with his parents on his actual birthday). We're going for a curry which I know will be full of syns. I know there are healthy-ish options to order but I'm not a big fan of currys anyway (don't really do spicy food) so I'll be having a chicken korma (I'll do extra easy that day). I also love naan bread and don't want to miss out so hubby suggested that we order a naan and rice between us and have half naan half rice each to lower the syns. I'm planning on having a couple of poppadoms and some mango chutney and that will be everything. According to the book that will work out at 41 syns but I'm worried that they'll underestimate the sizes of things so I might double the syns to be on the safe side. It'll mean having next to no syns for the rest of the week. Is it okay to have all of my syns in one day? It's 5 days before next weigh in so should be okay?

The week after we'll be staying with the inlaws so I'll really struggle then but I'll worry about that nearer the time.

Good Luck for your first weigh-in... Hope it goes as well as you hope but least you know that may not be as a big of a loss down to lack of exercise but as you've said.. a loss is a loss!! :)

Sounds like you have some yummy treats coming up!! Alot of people i know are really struggling at this time of year so don't be too hard on yourself... long as you try your best to stay on track you'll be fine!

I worked out syns of a flexi day which was tuesday and cut back for the rest of the week and still lost 2lbs... so maybe an option??

Best of Luck xxx

WOO HOO! 4lb off. Still was kind of hoping for more secretly after reading some of the amazing first week weight losses on here but hey - it's all good.

I've planned my menu from now until I go to the in-laws on 22nd December. If I keep on track I might even get to my next mini target of losing half a stone.

Monday 13th
B – weetabix & milk (A) (B)
L – noodles (0 syns)
T – ham & mushroom tagliatelle (14g cheese = 3 syns)

Tuesday 14th
L – scrambled egg on toast (B) (3 syns marge, 1.5 syns salad cream)
T – pasta n sauce (<=2syns)

Wednesday 15th
B – omelette (free)
L – soup (free)
T - CURRY NIGHT (AT LEAST 41 SYNS BUT ALLOWING ABOUT 80 TO BE SAFE)

Thursday 16th
B – omelette (free)
L – soup (free)
T –donner kebab stuff with pitta & wedges / chips (B)

Friday 17th
B – yoghurt & banana
L - chicken pitta / ?? donner kebabs (if left over meat) (A) (B)
T –salmon salad with Cheese (A) bread (B) mayo (0.5 syns) marge (2syns) ?? extra bread & marge

Saturday 18th
B – Porridge & yoghurt (B)
L – soup (free)
T – SMASH pizza (Cheese – A)

Sunday 19th
L - soup (free)
T – diet coke chicken & pasta (free)

Monday 20th
L – fry up (free) marge (2syns) bread (5 syns)
T - chicken fried rice (free)

Tuesday 21st
L – pasta n sauce (<=2 syns)
T – omlette & SW chips (free) bread (B) & cheese (A) marge (2 syns) mayo (1syn)

Well so much for planning my week. I lost 2lbs which is pretty amazing considering the week I've had.

Monday drinks didn't quite go to plan. I started off well and had 2 southern comforts (5 syns). Then one of the bars didn't have southern comfort so I had a glass of wine instead (6 syns). The last bar we went to had BOGOF cocktails and it would have been rude to say no so I had an appletini which I've never had before but was YUMMY! I don't know how many syns was in it though. I didn't really care though as I hardly ever drink and felt that it was well deserved after a full on week of essay writing and revision.

On Tuesday night I hardly slept through coughing - thought I was coming down with a cold. By Wednesday afternoon I'd phoned in sick for work and in bed shivering with a really high temperature. It was hubby's birthday meal and I still went out (not really that sensible but didn't want to let him down). I was good an d stuck to what I'd planned to eat - I even refused a slice of birthday cake at the end (although by that point I didn't feel up to eating). I went home early leaving hubby and friends to go to the pub.

Thursday I was feeling even worse (turned out to be flu). Still had a horrendous temperature and hadn't slept on Wednesday night either so I was shattered. I was also off my food (which has NEVER happened to me before).

Since Thursday my eating has been rubbish. I've tried to force myself to eat but not managed much at all. However, hubby also got ill on Friday which meant that neither of us was up to cooking (could hardly stand up let alone spend ages in the kitchen). This means that we've had to resort to take-aways as our sustenance (although not managed to eat much of them and still really weak).

I'm not sure how I got through the week losing weight - I guess it's because although I've eaten rubbish, I've not eaten much of it. I'm still feeling pretty rubbish - have been too ill to put up the Christmas decorations (which is sooooooo not like me - I'm normally a big kid).

Only one more day left at home and then off to my in-laws and then my parents for a week then home for a day before being back at my in-laws for new year. In that time there will be at least 2 meals out and 3 Christmas dinners at home as well as 2 party buffets. I'm thinking that extra easy and sensible choices is the way forward and rely on my appetite not to fully return until after New Year. My plan is that I don't want to put on any more than 2 lbs (to stay under 15st).

Well - I'm weighing myself tomorrow for the first time in 2 weeks. I've been off plan for most of Christmas - although I have refused a lot of puddings. I think I'll have put on a few pound - mainly due to Christmas but also think that the weight loss in wk 2 was due to not eating with flu - sure I'll have put that back on and more. I had a fab Christmas though so it's all good. I'm also reminding myself that my real aim was to weigh less after Christmas than when I started eating healthily in December so as long as that's the case it's all good!

I'm feeling good about starting again properly - have a list on the fridge of this week's meals and going for a big food shop tomorrow. Also decided to do more exercise now - I don't have uni for a couple of weeks so may as well make the most of the free time. I'm aiming to do 15hrs on the wii during January - half an hour a day should be doable and hubby will join in on wii fit (but not dance on Broadway).

Hope everyone had a good Christmas!!
x

Well - I weighed myself on Monday and put on 4lb over the two weeks at Christmas. I'm a little disappointed as I'm back over 15 stone again but hopefully wont be on Monday as long as I lose 2lbs this week.

I've decided to try to eat 10-15 syns per day - at the moment I'm doing that by polishing off selection box chocolate. I guess that I need to find other treats once the selection box is gone at the end of the week.

I'm also going to aim to do more exercise - I did an hour of wii fit yesterday and I'm about to try to do the same today.

Food diary:

Yesterday (green)
Breakfast: Oat so simple & milk (HExA & HexB)
Lunch: Quorn chicken pasta (free) Quavers (4.5 syns)
Tea: Spaghetti bolognaise made with quorn & cheese (0.5 syns for tomato puree & HExA)
Snack: Crunchie 9.5 syns
Total = 14.5 syns

Today (green)
Breakfast: Weetabix & Milk (HExA & HExB)
Lunch: Cheesy bean pasta (HExA) - mmmm yummy
Tea: Spaghetti bolognaise made with quorn & cheese (0.5 syns for tomato puree & HExB)
Snack: Caramel bar (12 syns)
Total 12.5 syns

I re-read the book today and discovered that on a green day I can use cheese as a HExB - so exciting!! :gimi:

hey you. sounds like you are raring to go. can i have some of that enthusiasm please? i have become so used to nibbling i'm finding it impossible not to, although i am now nibbling on more healthy things.

it's fab to see you on here. now we can natter about weight loss online as well as in person, ha. maybe we should get together for a monthly weigh or something? i know you are super busy so no more than that? that way we can keep a check on each other and have a catch up. what do you reckon?

abz xx

Hey Abz,

I think that monthly weigh ins & catch ups are definitely the way to go. I'm sending some motivation your way!

Today's food:
Breakfast: weetabix (B) milk (A) banana
Lunch: Cheese n broccoli pasta n sauce (0.5 syns) with 0.5 tsp margarine (1syn)
Tea: Tuna pasta bake with beans, sweetcorn, ww tomato soup (3.5 syns) tuna (B), walkers ready salted crisps (6.5 syns). Had half so 5 syns for me.
Snack: Flake (7 syns)
Total = 13.5 syns

No wiifit today - think I overdid it over the last couple of days so I'm having a rest day (apart from cleaning the kitchen & cooking I've had very lazy day). Hopefully tomorrow will be back on wiifit.

Well - it's the last day of the first week back on plan since Christmas / New Year. So far I'm still feeling good about it and have been on plan for the whole week.

Today:
Breakfast: Weetabix (B) milk (A) banana
Lunch: Chicken sandwich from Greggs, I weighed the roll as 83g (10 syns) no more than 1 tbs mayo (max 5.5 syns) Chicken (B)
Tea: Quorn chicken pasta with tomatoes & peas & cheese (A)

I'm just hoping that the scales show a loss tomorrow - I've worked hard at following the plan and drinking lots of fluids. Hopefully will have lost at least 2lbs which will put me under 15 stone! Fingers crossed!

Same for me... First full week back on plan too and will weigh in the morning... I'm hoping for atleast 3lb as that what i gain over the 3 weeks off plan and being a piggy hehe!! Good Luck and hope you get what you wish for hun!! xxx

2lb off! :)

I'm happy although I was secretly hoping for more. It means that I'm under the 15st barrier so that's my first mini goal achieved. Next goal is half a stone - 3lb to go, I'd love to do it this week but definitely within the next two weeks.

Just realised how bad I've been at writing this this week.

The week's gone ok so far. I went out for lunch on Monday with a friend but limited myself to jacket potato with cheese & beans. On Tuesday I went out for an 18th birthday to a carvery. I allowed myself some syns but had a small carvery (while everyone else had a large) and refused birthday cake so was feeling good about myself.

However - on Thursday I was on wiifit and weighed myself and it said I'd put on 2lb since Sunday. I also weighed myself on my actual scales which said I'd put 1lb on!!! I was feeling really down about it - especially since I'd tried to be good while going out. However, instead of saying "stuff it - I'll have a pizza if it's not working anyway" I sat down and re-read the books and looked through my menu for the week and realised that I wasn't using extra easy properly and not having 1/3 super free foods with every meal. It meant I changed my meal plan for the rest of the week (starting with Thursday). I think I'll struggle to have 1/3 super free with meals so I'm just sticking to red / green days for the moment to make it a bit easier until I can properly get my head around extra easy. I've also done 3 hours on wiifit since Thursday so I'm feeling a bit more positive. I'm not expecting a big weight loss this week but just hoping for any kind of loss.

Here's my plan for this week. Can anyone see if there's anywhere else I've been going wrong?

[FONT=&quot]Monday 10th[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]B – weetabix (B) & milk (A) & banana[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]L – jacket potato with cheese (A) & beans[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]T – ham (B) & mushroom omelette & 200g oven chips (4) & 2 tbs mayo (1)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Syn total: 5[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tuesday 11th[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]L – Quorn chicken pasta [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]T – Crown carvery: gammon, turkey, swede, carrots, new potatoes, peas (no butter on veg), 1 small Yorkshire pudding, 1 stuffing ball, 2 ladles gravy[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Syn total: not sure, think that syns from today and yesterday will be enough[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wednesday 12th [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]L – chicken & sweetcorn pasta with 4tbs ELF mayo (2)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]T – diet coke chicken (chicken, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, diet coke) with pasta[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Snack – fudge (7)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Syn total: 9[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thursday 13th [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]L – chicken (B) & sweetcorn pasta with 4tbs ELF mayo (2)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]T – smash pizza (ham (2), mushrooms, cheese (A))with salad[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Snack – dairy milk selection bar (6), buttons (4)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Syn total: 14[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Friday 14th[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]L – salad: 50g ham (2.5), 1 LF cheese slice (half A), egg, 1 tbs ELF mayo (0.5), lettuce, cucumber, carrot, sweetcorn, 2 slices wholemeal bread (B & 4.5) 2 tsp LF margarine (2)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]T – spaghetti bolognaise with quorn mince & 14g cheese (half A)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Syn total: 9.5[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Saturday 15th[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]L – carrot & coriander soup & bread (B) & 1tsp margarine (1)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]T – diet coke chicken (B) & rice[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Syn total: 1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sunday 16th[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]L – carrot & coriander soup & bread (B) & 1tsp margarine (1)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]T – ham (3) & pea tagliatelle & cheese (A)[/FONT]