Here i am! *waves* - Brewin'a'Baby & Staying Slim! 2011 xx

Todays menu -
2 shape yogs and 2 oranges.

Lunch was pasta, topped with a mixture of tinned toms, freshly chopped toms, tuna, garlic italian, basil and pepper, Topped with cheese HEA

need a HEB and iv used no syns so far.

Yesterday i did end up eating a tiny bit of cheesecake, but it was chocolate so to be on teh safe side i counted 8 syns, althugh i doubt it was even 28g worth. and immediatly squirted fairy liquid on the rest to avoid me eating it. I was so proud, yet hurt i even did it. Poor cheesecake. :( lol

xxx

been a lazy cow and used up the leftovers in fridge as were back home tomo as joes sisters back.. so i grilled some bacon, onion, eggs and baked beans. All free. Whoop... and iv had 2 alpen lights for my HEB

so no syns today so far. Off to cinema but gunna stop off at tesco to get a small bag of buttons fro 4 syns to take with me.. and then im on dietcoke all night :)

xxx

Last edited:
Sorry to see you gained fern but im sure you will get it off! Maybe you are right about your body being happy at the weight you are, Why not get those two pounds off and then have a go at maintaining for a few weeks.
Hope you have a good week i find it so inspirational to read your diary and to look at how well you have done as my start weight was the same virtually as you! I can only hope to look as fantastic as you do when i get there!!
Good luck this week!

Thank you ever so much, im glad that me writing this all down is not only benifiting me but giving you somthing to read also!
Im not too sure whats for tea tonight, me and OH were gunna have an evening out, so gunna try and arrange to have somthing before we go and suggest somthing non-foody like the cinema!

I'l let you all know when i check in before bed :)

xxxxxxx

Update 24/7/09

went to cinema, and took my little bag of buttons for 4 syns. so only 4 syns for my entire day. Word of warning however, avoid watching public enemy, film started at 9, and we got out at half 11 .. omg. wasnt anything special at all and my bum is numb, and on top of that, i sat in front of some twat who kept kicking the seat, next to some asian bloke who couldnt chew his cheesey nachos any louder and his mate who fell asleep and began snooring, til his phone went off that was.. and my OH, who as per usual, asks all sorts of un-answerable questions, like.. why is he doing this? whats going on now? i dont understand...

nope im watching the same thing, so if u dont know.. i dont know either!!!

Rant over :)

so, thats 4 syns. Go me. 3 mile walk tomorrow. Lets hope its worth it!! xx

Last edited:
Today was..

2 shape yogs and 2 oranges, with 1 choc and fudge alpen

Lunch was pasta with left over tinned toms, tuna and herb mix thing and cheese HEA

and tea is left over chilli con carni and rice with CLF nat yogs.

i also did a 3 mile wlk today, and munched on my second alpen after :)

going out tonight, maybe have one or two single malibus, we'l see. and alot of dancin :) xxx

Hi Fern, keep up the good work, well done for the fairy liquid on the rest of the cheesecake, i don't know if i could have been that strong. x

Back from the spa!

So did my 3 mile walk saturday daytime, and had 6 syns in total by the end of the day :)

sunday,.. had 2 alpens and some shapes for breaky and munched on fruit throughtout the day, lunch was pasta and tom sauce with cheese, and dinner was at the spa. I chose not to have a desert, and had melon as starter, and chicken with new pots for my main.. with diet coke and water so it was all alright! Turns out my bestfriend, sister, mum and sister-in-law had all planned a suprise party for me to congrtaulate me on the wieght loss and qualifying..and there was alot of booz,e profitta role cake, chips and dip, and a box of lindt.. EEK! i avoided the booze, picked a few profittas, ate about 8 lindt chocs and had about 3 crisps. i count it all at about 25-30 as a guestamate.

I did 10 lengths in the pool (not a strong swimmer) and had a lymphatic drainage massage .. which was relaly nice and hoping it drained some fat :D haha. Continually munched on fruit etc.

Breaky was 2 poached eggs on toast, and lunch was baked potatoe with cheese and salad, with a tiny bit of colslaw.

Not too sure whats for tea tonight, somthing free me thinks!

Doing the best i can. Fingers x'd for Wi wednesday. really wanna get those 2 pounds off :(

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well Today is Wi.. EEK!

So Iv tried really hard, and can only hope i shift some weight. I gained 2lb last week, which was a bit of a shock having never gained that before.. but it only served to prove that i became lazy and complacent and had let my discpline slip. -even though i'd started the week with good intentions.
I did some swimming, and a 3 mile walk (possibley four when i got lost!)
and have stuck to free foods, had my HE and had my syns but been a bit more wise with them! - I'm just worried i'm going to be horribley dissapointed. I desperatly want a miraculous loss of a few pounds.. but i know in my heart the likleyness of that after being on plan for so long and already loosing over 4 stone.. isnt much. I'd love to get atleast the 2lbs off i gained last week, but these days even 2lb is a big struggle. Im feeling a bit all over the place tbh. I think im still feeling a bit guilty and dissapointed within myself for that gain last week anyways, and the whole lazyness towards it generally. Thats not me. I just hope i did enough this week, because as silly as it sounds, i have two weeks till finals.. and i was already getting my head around calling target at 10st.3lb instead of 10st.. and to be 10st 5.5lb now, although its not much more.. i dont know if il have the confidence in myself unless i shift those 2.5 pounds.

ah, and now im rambleing and talking crap! LOL

Im sticking to plan today instead of living of choc cereals on a wednesday like i ahve been recently with my whole 'wednesdays dont count' motto. There gunna have to.. cause clearly thats not working for me anymore!
Wi is at 6:30.. i'l let u know before bed/tomo morning :)

Thanks for listening you lot, your fab :) x
x

hey all!

Well! Hard work has paid off, and have only proved to show the plan works, and clearly i have been slacking.. i went to WI

and lost 3 lbs!!!! Im so happy. I'm now 10st 2.5 and am half a pound off my 4 and half stone award, and have 2 weeks till finals. Im estatic.. and feel so much better for eating better, and doing more exercise.. and getting my motivation back! I'm so happy.

0.5 pounds till target!!!! ahhhhh

It feels so close..

Thank you so much everyone. I really do benifit from being on here. I love being able to tell you lot everything! xxxx

- I also booked my first lot of pole dancing lessons for a months time.. yay!

Last edited:
hey all,

Today i'v had an apple, 2 alpens HEBand 2 shapes for breaky,

and another shape and apple throughout the day..

dinner was bacon, baked beans, mushrooms, onions and scrambled eggs..

and tea was homemade syn-free spag bowl, with pasta and cheese HEA

but i did munch on a bit of poppadom an d mango chuctney that other half so nicely sat and ate in front of me.. so i counted that at 4 syns as i didnt eat much..

so 4 syns for the day today :) x

wow, u have done great on slimming world! ive jus joint 2nite and im not sure wat 2 think tbh. all this talking in the class im a bit nervous about!! do u lose quicker if u leave out the HE's or shud u do ur best to include them?

Always use you HE's AND your syns.. it wont work without hun! Honestly, the plan works just as it says in the book. Stick to it and you'l soon see results hun xxx

hey girls and boys,

as you all know iv been a bit under the weather since monday just gone, but today seems to be much better and i'v managed to keep my eating up :)

breaky was as per usual (very exciting lol) 2 shape yogs, 2 alpens HEB and an apple..

dinner was left over spag bowl with pasta and cheese HEA

and tea is rice with shwartz curry .. 2-3 syns per serving with VLF natural yog :) - after decideing it was rediculous to syn a jar of curry sauce, .. iv just gota suck it up and push that awful last curry out of my head, and trust in dear ol shwartz! -plus for what synage it was going to cost me, might aswell had gone out and had one at the curry house!
trying to keep the momentom going from last week.. all i want is half a pound, but if i could get more this week to get me just below target, i'd feel better! plus they'l re-weigh me on the sunday and i really dont wanna be having to peel off me 4.5 stone sticker if i get it on wednesday hahaha

ahh, what we do to be slim!

-thinking i need to add more fruit in aswell.. might pop to morrisons and spend the extortionate amount of money for stupid grapes LOL.. or if somthing else is yummy on offer even better!

looking forward to curry now, its bubbling as we speak. i'm soo hungry! Trying not too eat too many yogs as a hunger buster tho, so il hold out another 10mins haha

wanted to go for an early swim tomo morning,m ( as i'm not a strong swimmer and dont like busy pools) but OH has told his parents we'l stay the night in clevedon, so i cant be back in yate for 7:45.. so might go monday morning.. thinking the swimming at the spa is what shifted that 3lbs.. so fingers x'd! and it'l build my confidence in the pool :) hopefully! xxx

xxx

Last edited:
Hey all!

well today is saturday, (although now i'm a bum its hard to keep track on what day it actually is, they all just seem to merge together in a boring blur lol)

ended up staying at clevedon last night with joe's parents, who seem to have a better social life than i do at the mo LOL.. they went to the pub at nine, and at ten i climbed into bed after watching the street.. dunno if any of you have been watching it.. i watched the one about the prostitute, and then watched one that joes mum had recorded and was super confused untill i realised each program was based on a different person etc. ah, the confusion LOL

anyways.. had an early night as am feeling better as you all know i'v been a bit under the weather.. although it appears my mother is now suffering all my symptoms.. and is now aexpecting a hell of alot more sympathy than i got! think she thought i was making it up! well. The achey boobs are certianly telling her i wasnt :) and now she wont stop complaining LOL

Didnt end up having breaky untill half bloody 10, as i forgot my food to take to joes parents and as we had to pick up his works van at 9am this morn, and didnt get back till 10:30.. needless to say i was starving! but managed to just have 2 alpens HEB, 2 yogs, and a pear!

dinner was pasta with a mixture of tuna, tinned toms, fresh toms, spring onions .. and some herby stuff (spicy italian, garlic atalian, basil etc) and topped with cheese HEA

we'v had a lovley lazy day in our jammies, sat in bed all day.. went to blocky buster and rented out some films, i picked out the reader and slumdog millionare.. and what a suprise Joe picked a film about someone trying to escape prison.. and his usual fave a low budget zombie themed film.. which of corse we had to watch first.. :eek:! joe sat an ate a massive bag of popcorn, and i soarsed out teh smalled bag of milk buttons i could find, and sucked on every single individual one to get me through untill he'd inhaled all his popcorn so there was none left to pick LOL

just doing tea now..

mash potatoe made with VLF Natural yogs.. gravey made with granuals (1 syn) and onions.. and some quorn sausages and veg.. :)

so 4 syns for the bag of chocs.. 1 syn for the gravey..

and i'l add 2 syns for the 5 pices of popcorn i'l admit to nicking.. :p lol to be on the safe side..

= 7 syns for the day :)

xxxxxxx hope your all having a fab weekend

gunna go for an early swim tomorrow.. wish me luck :( its a big pool!

eek.. Its 7:36, and the pools open at 7:45. My first swim.. on my own.. all by myself.. :( i hope the pools really really quiet.

wish me luck :(

xxx

OMG. :cry:
I have never felt so silly and embarressed in my life.. and it is fair to say i will never, be stepping foot in a public swimming pool ever.. ever again.

I got up to make it to the pool for 7:45 this morning, because i desperatly wanted to swim and assumed (how silly of me) that being so early on a sunday would mean the pool would be oober quiet.
Well. how i was wrong. Firstly i walked in, sorted my locker etc, and as i walked towards the pool, i realised it was rather loud.. at a glance round the corner i then realised it was all lanes and full with the sorts of swimmers who swim faster than i drive, and with those funny hats. SO here i am, paniking. I step back.. and i look at myself in the mirror.. and tell myself to stop being so bloody recidulous.. and that i will not pay £3.50 to do nothing. So a quick slap round the face and i went in. God i wish i'd been a little more cowardly and just gone home. I assumed it was 2 people to a lane.. i don't know the swimming etiquete, but just assumed it made sence. I got in to a lane that only had one girl in it. & began swimming, but i could already feel everyone staring at me.. maybe it was my lack of speed.. general lack of ability to swim.. or my nice, more beach suitable swimwear.. as apposed to thier speedo's and fancy sport swimwear.
I swam two lengths and stopped to catch breath, i have asthma and the pool itself is quite big.. the lady swam towards me.. and huffed when she saw i'd stopped. she did some fancy twirl under the water and swan another length and i began my 3rd.
then, as i turned to go back.. another lady, who must have known the girl who was already in the lane, began swimming aswell.. so thats 3 of us, and i waited as they fionished there length, as they splashed me and wiating for them to be clear before i headed back. i was already starting to get a big upset,.. and my my 5th length, it all got too much, my asthma kicked in, i panicked and looked like a right twat as i scrambled out the water and headed for changing rooms after only 5 lengths. at which point the life guard- who top it off lives oposite me!:() goes 'that it then'

.. yes it ****ing is you twat. :(

i was shaking so hard and couldnt hold myself up to walk and spent 15 minutes crying in the changing rooms. i finally managed to walk home, although at a struggle.. to find my brother had eaten my breakfast.

so after crying un-controllably to OH.. who couldnt understand why i was so upset and suggested i just check what the pools like before i go next time - yep thanks for that..
i stormed on down to morrisons..
i picked up my oranges, yogs and cereal bars.. and headed for the tills.. where i was told they wouldnt serve me till 10am.
-fantastic.. half an hour i spent lingering by the cereals, because i couldnt go to the other end of the shop because mothers manic depressive ex-hubby works on the frickin fish counter, and i was so not in the mood to deal with that..

eurgh. Luckily, the weathers been so great that OH took me to weston-super-mud for the afternoon, which was nice.. but we had a cervery in the Nook& Harbour.. whih quiet frankley, to tell u i could taste that they'd baked their carrots in suger, would give you an idea of how non slimmingworld friendly it was. So iv spent the rest of today walking around Weston and Clevedon untill my feet hurt in an attempt to do some damage controll.

... eurgh :( Im still feeling absoloutly humiliated, and have no initention of swimming again. A shame.. because left to my own devices, i quite enjoy it :(

.. anyways..

that was today..

breaky was yogs and cereal bars and oranges..

and dinner was turkey with fattening roastys, cabbage, peas, carrots and a tiny bit of gravey. so i'd assume about 20 syns.

.. and tea with be a very healthy and syn free.. pasta with tinned toms and herbs, tuna and cheese HEA..

and tomorrow.. will be even more walking. Eurgh.

:( xxxxx

eurgh. Still in a grmup about earlier. Has really knocked my confidence.
Anyways, im off to be a grump in bed and watch some crappy telly.
will report in tomorrow..

xxxxxx

Hey all

Still really achey after yesterday.. and spent the entire day in bed, or moping around whilst OH was at work.. this whole un-employed thing is rather demorolising.. eurgh.

anyways

breaky was 2 oranges, 2 aplens HEB, 2 shape yogs,

mid morning i had a banana and an apple

dinner was pasta with my tuna/tom concoction.. all free stuff so all good there.. topped iwth cheese HEA

& Tea was chicken with bacon, veg and pots..

and i'v allowed 8-10 syns for all the oil that she used..

xxxx

hey all.
Have decided not to be a grumpybum today and to stop moaning about the past 3 days events, lets face it.. being grumpy aint gunna get me any slimmer..

now, admittedly today has not started at its best, me & OH stayed in clebedon last night with his parents as he was working closer to here and Joes mum wants her hair cut..
well, i packed up my alpen bars and yogs and fruit to bring with..and have gone and left them at joes brothers..
So.. luckily joes mum does buy Mullers.. and has apples.. i could walk down to morrisons.. but its tipping with rain :( lol

so breakfast will have to be a muller and alot of apples LOL

i will update you this evening on the rest of the meals.. as i cant plan ahead due to not being at home.. we'l have to see whats in the cupboards here.. xxxx

Omg, what a week! Well i didn't get online to you all last night, as i had lovingly decided to go to work with my OH for the evening, as he had a secound job to go to at 5pm in bristol. It was supposed to be an hour job, I had dinner at 2pm, and i can only assume my body was being kid by not having me raging hungry by the time i got home. I sat in his ven from 5pm untill half 10. I was fuming! .. id finished my book, and started another. which turned out to quite possibly be the most mondaine book i ahve ever read, so if any of you ever opt to sit by yourself in some lonley car park for 5 and half hours, make sure you check out your book before!
by the time i'd got home, id gone past hungry and just didnt care, so synned a 3rd alpen bar at 3 syns and went to bed.

yesterdasy meals were

2xapples, 2xmullerlight

dinner was pasta wit tinned toms, caugettes, bacon red peppers and seasoned with pepper with cheese on top HEA, and 2 alpen lights HEB..

didnt get to eat tea, so ate another alpen at 3 syns.. and off to bed i went

today iv had my shape yogs, and alpens..
and i think il make chilli con carni and eat soem for dinner before freezing the rest for the rest of the week.

hope your all okay! xxxxxxxxxx

Finally at target!

Good evening my lovley mini's!
I have fantastic news, I am at target!
and i can't believe i'm finally here, but iv found the light at the end of my tunnel.. and i couldn't be happier. Of course without you all.. i wouldn't be here.

So now begins my journey of maintaining, and to remind me of this.. i have found myself a new ticker.. which as you can all see is a countdown to 1 year at target. I never want to see or go back to the person i once was pre-slimming world.. and now that i am here, i feel like i can finally start afresh, and begin finding myself as a person again, a happier.. healthier more self accepting person.

I celebrated with fajitas.. maybe one too many, im a little bloated now haha.. and some to-die-for choc cheesecake. It was lush! LOL

National finals for Young Slimmer of The Year 2009 this Sunday.. and i'm so excited. Whether i win or not, what i'm feeling now is better than any prize.

Thanks for listening to me ramble for another night guys..

i'l be on as much as possible over the next few days but might be difficult from sat onwards.. but promise to get on to you asap once im back from mondayish to let you all know.

Lovelovelove x

Back