Here i go again! Will i do it this time?

Have a lovely holiday Rhi, don't miss us too much!

Hey guys,

I'm back..... :) and only i only gained 3lbs :)

I tried eating healthily although still indulged myself with puddings etc. lol. I also managed to do loads of swimming in the indoor pool when the kids where in kids club most days (the outdoor pool was too full of lilo's to swimming in) and we did loads of walking too. So i feel really proud of myself :)

We had a fantastic time and the weather was fantastic. The only downsides were having to get up at 6am to get a sun bed by the pool (crazy i know! but we needed to coz of DD), DS also got a 12 hour sickness bug but was luckily fine that evening as he started first thing in the morning and also we had to take him to see a doctor as he started crying a few days later saying his bum really really itched. lol. So we got some cream off a wonderful doctor which i had to put on. I swear i never thought i would have to go in that region now he's older lol. Talk about very close and personal lol. I then came down with a cold last tuesday morning which i am still full up with :( and DD was sick on the day we left. That makes it sound like we had an awful time but honestly we didn't lol.

We met another family and their two kids on holiday too and spent the evenings with them at the entertainment loads. The female had had a gastric bypass back in january (paid for by her mum). She's dropped 7 stone since then down to 10.5 stone and looked amazing although i was soooo surprised by how much she was limited by food and drink. she couldn't drink fizzy drinks, have any alcohol as only a tiny amount got her drunk and couldn't have caffeine either. After spending time chatting to her i certainly wouldn't want to do that unless i was really desperate. Good on her though as she's sticking to it and even lost 3lbs on holiday.

Unfortunately we came home to news that DH's mum has got bowel cancer although we're still waiting to hear if it's spread yet. She told us she has to have an operation prob end of this month early next to remove the tumour so i'm just hoping they've caught it early and all will be ok. DH has been in shock and very quiet since as you can imagine.

Luckily i worked from home yesterday which eased me back into things slowly and had my first day back in the office today. i've got 3 weeks worth of work to do now unfortunately but at least i can do things at my own pace. Having the cold has certainly zapped my energy today though as i have a bad cough too so am not sleeping well at night. DH and i are also out tonight for a meal as it was his birthday sunday (not i think he enjoyed it at all what with the news and we didn't have a babysitter) so we're going out tonight instead.

I'll be back to Zumba tomorrow night too. i was meant to go on saturday but i was soooo tired and not right from the cold that i ended up giving it a miss thinking it was probably better to rest.

soooooo how is everyone? Did anyone even notice i was gone? hee hee. :s

Rose - Thanks for your kind words about my son's room. The football thing is a big mural thing made up of 12 bit of wall paper we bought off the net stuck to the wall. it looks really good doesn't it and only cost about £30.

It'll probably take me a while to catch up with everyone so please bear with me. missed you guys all loads. xxxxxx

I noticed, I noticed! :D:D;)

Sorry you dealt with illness and butt cream on your trip, but otherwise it does sound like you had a nice time. :) Only 3 pounds is not bad at all! I'm sure the walking and swimming helped. :)

So so sorry about your MIL. Fingers crossed that it is removable by surgery!! :(

Welcome back!

hello

how are you hun? Pleased holiday went well, with only a couple of wee unexpected events! Well done on only gaining 3lb, i'm so impressed! Sorry to hear about MIL, hope the news is okay.

Look forward to hearing from you :)

Hiya,

Sorry i went AWOL. Had so much going on since we got back from holiday with my daughter etc and not managed to get back on track with the diet so when i went to my weigh in last thursday i'd actually put 7lbs on :( I'm soooo mad at myself as i did so well on holiday and it's all gone to pot now.

DH's mum has her op to remove the tumour on 3rd Oct. They don't think it's spread which is good news so hopefully it'll just be an Op to get rid of it and that will be that.

I'm seriously struggling to get back on track. I had a nasty cold which i have still got slightly so only managed to get back to Zumba last weds. I did also go on saturday and am going tonight but still not doing the amount of exercise i was doing before i went on holiday. I can't help getting tempted with the wrong foods either all the time. I was doing so well before my hols and now look at me! Has anyone else had a big blip like this? How did you get back on track? I just feel awful about it, end up comfort eating and then feel even worse :(

I hope everyone is well. x

:D hello hun *waves* :)

lovely to 'see' you back on here, i wondered where you had gone!

I hope everything goes well for your mother in law's op and she recovers quickly.

sorry to hear you are struggling, it is so very easy to fall off the wagon, especially after a holiday, as your routine has changed and becomes familiar (and more enjoyable) to have a wee treat or two, very understandable hun x..BUT the fact you are back on here and wanting to do this, only shows your determination to get back on board :)

In all of my previous diets, and there has been a few!!!!...i've slipped up, decided i liked the taste of all those calories, and kept off track for so long each time I only ended up heavier and more depressed about my size and my lifestyle, it is really not worth it in the long run!

Try setting yourself a date for seriously getting back to pre holiday mode..say next monday? Remind yourself of all the reasons you want to lose the lbs, and set a wee mini goal. Stock up on all the healthy eating food, buy a slimming mag, look at all the before and after pics, tell yourself you are going to come on here faithfully every day to talk to me and everyone else :D for support and motivation, buy yourself a nice top for the festive season, a size below where you are now....and go for it girl!

I KNOW you want to do this, i also KNOW you will do it, hang on in there, in the coming days, gear yourself up for the big return to your challenge, make little changes every day until then, one day no biscuits or treats, another day, half the portion size on your evening meal etc etc..by next week, you'll be back in the swing of things and raring to go..GOOD LUCK :)..and welcome back :D

Thanks for the tips Rose. I think i will try that. We've already gone back to using our smaller plates at home to try and cut down our portion sizes at least. Now it's just to put the right foods on the plate lol.

I must admit i did find when i was coming on here everyday to chat to all you wonderful people it did help me to stay motivated hence why i just knew i had to come back and get all your support.

We've got my daughters birthday out of the way now so i can't think of any big events which are due to crop up which i will struggle with if i can get back on track.

Changing subject slightly, my daughter got into that special needs school we applied for and were waiting to hear if she had a place. She started on monday just gone and looked soooo grown up in her school uniform. She's only going monday and tuesday mornings to start with and will gradually build up to 5 mornings a week until she starts reception class there next september (although she will still remain in the same class as they mix the reception and pre-schoolers together).

I've really missed all you guys sooo much. I should have got back on here sooner otherwise i wouldn't be quite as bad as i am. I WILL do this. Trying to think positively today.

Thanks for your support Rose. It means sooo much to me and far more than you will realise. xxxx

..and i don't even charge for any supportive posts! :) :) :) thankyou, you are very welcome!

Great news of wee one getting into school, hope it all goes wonderfully well for her, and she receives every bit of attention she rightly deserves. Hope it is not too worrying for you..i had many a red eyed look about me when wee cherub started school :)

loving the positive attitude, you don't even need my advice hun, you know what to do and you are doing it already! Have a great day..keep happy and focused :)

I saw the pics of your daughter on FB, she is a cutie. :)

I can't say much that Rose hasn't already said--she gave you great advice! We ALL have those blips, heaven knows I have! LOVE minimins, the people here really help me when I feel alone in my journey.

Best of luck to you Rhi :)

Last edited:
Welcome back Rhi, nice to see you posting again.

Just take it one day at a time and don't beat yourself up if the odd naughty thing just pops into your mouth all by itself lol.

We're all on a similar journey and we can't be perfect all the time.

Hey at least you've kept the zumba going even if it's not as often as it was before the hol.

Thanks Tranquility, Molly and Rose. It's so helpful having people that care and want to support me. It seems to give me more motivation somehow.

Well i have decided i am having my fresh start tomorrow, not that i am planning on eating really badly today though. I am also back to swimming tomorrow night and have zumba on saturday morning. Next step will also be to get the zumba going on the wii.

The mother in law is down this weekend so it will be hard work remaining good but i am determined to get back on track!

Rose, I'll upload a photo in my album of Lucy in her uniform so you can see her hun. I'll go do it now. x

Aww thanks for that Rhi, she's a gorgeous wee cutie..so grown up in her uniform :) Does she cope okay with her glasses? my wee cherub take his off as soon as he comes home from school :)

Thanks Rose that's very kind of you. She's fine with her glasses and we've had a lot less problems than we thought we'd have so we reckon she must notice the difference. The only time she really takes them off is sometimes in a temper tantrum when she'll look at us and then throw them on the floor as if she knows that will annoy us! Lol. She's never broken a pair and has been wearing them for 14 months now. Is your little man long sighted or short sighted? Lucy is long sighted, has a stigmatism and also a lazy eye.

Went to my weigh in tonight and managed to somehow loose 1lbs. No idea how as I've been really bad all week lol. Maybe the two hour long Zumba classes this week have helped. Either way I'm happy. Only another 6lbs to loose to get back to where I was before my holiday lol. ( yes I ended up putting more on since coming back from hols than I did on the 2 week all inclusive holiday lol).

I'm back to really trying from tomorrow now. I would love to loose 2lbs next week if I can x

Oh MILs. My mother-in-law is the kind who believes in three enormous, fattening meals a day. (She is also morbidly obese and doesn't address her diabetes in the way she should :( ) But yeah, she will sometimes cook us crap when she's over or will bring OH a cheese/sausage/egg sandwich for breakfast. :faint2:

Good luck with the exercise, and WELL DONE on -1! :)

Rhi ..I'm seriously struggling to get back on track. .... I can't help getting tempted with the wrong foods either all the time. I was doing so well before my hols and now look at me! Has anyone else had a big blip like this? How did you get back on track? I just feel awful about it, end up comfort eating and then feel even worse :( ..
Hi Rhi, Glad you had a good holiday, but now back to the grind, hey?
Think we all have those moments when the chocs and sweeties seem to call us .. and I'm particularly partial to a nice peice of toast with lots of oozing butter .... :eek:

I'm sure the majority of us are comfort eaters and/or eaters for any reason whatsoever! Don't feel so bad about it. Just utilise the little bit of a "treat" into your daily menu and accept that it's a fact of life that we cannot keep 100% to things - no matter what. ...:)

Well done, another lb off for good :)..keep up that zumba!

My wee cherub is long sighted, but has to wear a very high prescription, had no idea his eyesight was so bad! One eye worse than the other, so he's worn a patch for months until recently! glasses been on for 11 months...aww he does that too, throws them off in frustration and 'waits' for a reaction! Been repaired twice so far :)

Have a great day and a happy and successful weekend ahead :)

Back