Here I go again

Tiphareth

Silver Member
After 4.5lbs on over Christmas (taking me out of target range) and a decision to lower my target I once again have a stone to lose.

My last stone was pretty difficult to lose and I'm hoping this one won't be. To help keep me on track I'm going to try and keep an online food diary, plus possible ramblings.

Target for this week - lose 5lbs.

Yesterday

Breakfast

2 Slices of 400g wholemeal bread (hexb) with egg, bacon (fat removed) and lashings of mushrooms.

Glass of Orange juice - 7 syns

Lunch

Low fat supernoodles, onions, Muller light yogurt, satsuma and banana and sweet chili sauce - 4 syns.

Dinner

Chicken kievs with 2 dairy lea triangle (hexa) garlic, carrots and cabbage.

Supper

25ml semi skimmed milk (hexa)

Total - 11 syns

Today

Breakfast

Omlette - eggs, onion, mushrooms, 30g cheese (hexa)

Lunch

Banana, Satsuma, Muller light, Hi fi bar (hexb)

Dinner

Lentil Dahl, rice, onions, cucumber, tomatoes

Supper

Options 1.5 syns

Total - 1.5 syns

After a gain this week I'm now 1.5 lbs away from my target, however like u, I am going to lower it! :)
15.5 lbs to loose for me! Hope it's not too hard xx

Cai said:
After a gain this week I'm now 1.5 lbs away from my target, however like u, I am going to lower it! :)
15.5 lbs to loose for me! Hope it's not too hard xx

Good luck - we can do it.

Breakfast

Hi fi (hexb), banana, egg, mushrooms, onion, bacon, 30g cheese (hexa)

Lunch

Sausage, mash, butternut squash, onion, gravy, banana, melon, grapes. 5.5 syns

Snack

Chocolate 3 syns

Went to a friends house so glad I ate a good breakfast so I wasn't too hungry at lunch time and got away with eating a small amount of the food she'd cooked and then was able to fill up on fruit whilst driving home

Dinner

Oh dear for dinner not really a good choice but I couldn't be bothered cooking for myself when I got back from zumba so it's a hot shot and a banana with a small glass of wine (4.5 syns) and a slice of bread (3 syns)

Total - 15

Last edited:
day 4

breakfast

2 slices toast (hexa) 2 slices ham, 25g cheese (hexa), 2 tsp mustard (1 syn), banana and satsuma.

lunch

shopping almost ended in a big mac and fries thankfully stopped by not wanting to walk across the car park due to the rain.

2 slices bread (6 syns), ham, poached egg, grapes, cheese triangle.

dinner

currently cooking classic chicken curry and pilau rice from the curry book for dinner.

snack - muller light and bar of chocolate 5 syns

Total 11 syns

Last edited:
I've seen a thread on this and thought it might help me with keeping up with the good progress I'm making on my depression.

1 I resisted going to macdonalds

2 I have curry bubbling away on the hob for dinner tonight and it is syn free

3 I haven't had to go to work.

Here's to trying to keep to 100% tonight.

Breakfast

2 slices toast, mustard (1 syn), ham eggs, 30g cheese, banana, satsuma, orange juice (2 syns)

Lunch

banana, custard (7 syns) grapes, coffee with options (1 syn)

Dinner

creamy mint and coriander chicken with pay choi and salad.

Hopefully there won't be a house full of yummy food at tonight's party. Where the hostess is a fantastic pastry chef.

Total 11 syns

Last edited:
well I didn't stay on plan last night. oops.

but I don't think it was too bad 1 small glass of wine about 125ml and a bowl of chili and rice - I just don't know about the fat used or how lean the mince was - plus a handfull of crisps and a brie and cranberry parcel.

Today I have started the year with a 2 hour walk in the country.

Breakfast

2 slices toast (hexb) 30g cheese (hexa) mustard (1 syn) banana.

lunch

melon ( I think I really should have eaten more but we were out walking and that is all the spar had in way of low syn food).

dinner

this is where I'll fall down as we're off out for an Indian, so I'm going to flexi syn at 25 syns as for a change I'm not driving and can actually have a drink.

3 positive things for today

1 - I have an amazing man in my life.

2 - my thermal leggings, fleecy walking trousers and waterproof can keep me dry and snuggly warm whilst out walking.

3 - the restaurant that looked closed at 4.30 when it should open at 4, is now open and saved the day.

new years resolutions

1. conquer my anxiety and depression and stop my avoidance problems

2. be under 8 stone for my 40th birthday, although I don't plan on staying there as I don't want to be at a weight which is difficult to maintain and it is my lowest healthy weight.

3. work on my solo dancing and put myself forward to dance at more haflas rather than being persuaded to, and increase my confidence so I get put forward for more gigs.

4. make meditation a daily routine rather than something I have to remember to do.

Really enjoyed my wine, ameretto, onion basis, egg rice and lamb patia - don't know the syns but it was a new year celebration and I stopped eating when full.

babybuffy84 said:
Hiya Hun good luck on reaching your new target !! Your doing fab so far food diary looks fab x

thank you honey.

just noticed the predictive text error, although now I want to know what onion basis are like. :-D

started with a lazy morning in bed watching videos as inspiration for entrance piece and looking at what makes the great dancers great so I was still working really.

brunch

2 slices bread, 30g cheese, ham, mushrooms, egg, grapes.

Half an hour of hula hooping today for some body magic and waist toning.

Dinner

One Pot Chicken Cous Cous with onions, garlic, tomatoes and mangetout.

Snack

Freddo bar (5 Syns)

Last edited:
my 3 positives for the day - this is when it starts getting difficult when I have to go back to work.

1 - back on plan with no effort this.morning after being out for a meal last night.

2 - spent a couple of hours working on my entrance piece.

3 - I have been invited to a wedding at the Vatican.

WI day today, thankfully a week back on track has given me a 3lb loss. I'm still above target, but I'm back within target range.

Breakfast

oops didn't get time at home and forgot to pick up something for work.

Dinner

Grapes, melon, banana.

Snack

unsurprisingly I was hungry afterp wi so had a hi fi bar (hexb)

dinner

cannaloni with cottage cheese, quorn, passata, cheese (hexa)

miller light with 30g nutty crunch 6 syns.

Total 6 syns

Really must start to up my liquids again.

Target for next week is 5lbs again, this will make me 1lb under target, but I'm wanting to lower it anyway.

Last edited:
three positives for today

1 - back in target range

2 - work wasn't as bad as it could have been.

3 - my husband cooks wonderful sw food.

breakfast

apple and hi fi bar (hexb)

lunch

left over canneloni (hexa), raspberries, blueberries, melon, grapes and banana.

dinner

should hopefully be chicken curry with rice and salad. nom hopefully with plenty for tomorrow.

other

wine 5 syns
chai latte 5 syns

total -10 syns

Last edited:
Back