Here I go again...

Oh, forgot to add...need to find something dense in energy I can eat on the go instead of having to rely on white bread or pasta, my IBS wasnt annoying me whatsoever til now, stomach is always bloated and sore, grrrr!

Sheanin said:
Oh, forgot to add...need to find something dense in energy I can eat on the go instead of having to rely on white bread or pasta, my IBS wasnt annoying me whatsoever til now, stomach is always bloated and sore, grrrr!

Hope you get it all sorted. You're right not to be too strict with your syns at the moment-now is a time to focus on your health and keeping your energy up! I have ibs too, have you tried using the gluten-free breads and pastas? Wheat is a huge trigger for me and it made a massive difference to me by switching over to the wheat-free/gluten-free versions! Otherwise, rice is probably a good option?

I'm going to try that thanks :) Ended up needing a substantial dose of andrews salts this evening to try and help my tummy!

Sheanin said:
I'm going to try that thanks :) Ended up needing a substantial dose of andrews salts this evening to try and help my tummy!

I've never used Andrews salts before, I must look into that. Tummy probs are a nightmare (esp.when you're already unwell otherwise too!). There are so many gluten-free products available now though-bread, pasta, spaghetti, lasagne sheets, rolls, biscuits, cakes, etc... They are a little dearer but I think it's totally worth it to prevent stomach issues if wheat is a problem for you (I actually didn't know myself when I first cut it out of my diet-and my tummy doesn't be long making me pay when it creeps back into my diet!). Hopefully it helps and hope you start feeling better soon! :)

I do recommend them, they help that awful stingy bloated feeling. When my IBS plays up I look about 6 months pregnant, its awful! I'm gonna go today and get some wheat/gluten free stuff, no more of that for me. Should have known anyway as when I was diagnosed with IBS I had to do that elimination thing to work out what triggered it, and the first thing that came up was anything containing wheat, white flour etc. Ate a few bits recently purely for convenience and regretted it within hours, God the pain IBS can give you is terrible!

I do recommend them, they help that awful stingy bloated feeling. When my IBS plays up I look about 6 months pregnant, its awful! I'm gonna go today and get some wheat/gluten free stuff, no more of that for me. Should have known anyway as when I was diagnosed with IBS I had to do that elimination thing to work out what triggered it, and the first thing that came up was anything containing wheat, white flour etc. Ate a few bits recently purely for convenience and regretted it within hours, God the pain IBS can give you is terrible!

Oh God, I remember that bloody elimination diet. I had to stop it after I nearly fainted a few times cause there's barely anything you can eat on it. I had a fairly good idea by then though what my triggers were. I'm definitely going to get my hands on some Andrews salts & give it a try next time I need something. Hope you can get it sorted!x

1.5 lbs off this week, steady steady wins the race, group scales had me at 10st 9.5lbs. So if I can repeat that next week I'll get my stone award and interim target. I was disappointed with 1.5lbs last week, this week I'm more than content with it. A pound a week, even with a few sts weeks, will have me at target around my birthday in Feb and that's my aim.

Onwards we go!

1.5 lbs off this week, steady steady wins the race, group scales had me at 10st 9.5lbs. So if I can repeat that next week I'll get my stone award and interim target. I was disappointed with 1.5lbs last week, this week I'm more than content with it. A pound a week, even with a few sts weeks, will have me at target around my birthday in Feb and that's my aim.

Onwards we go!

Well done. 1.5lbs is brill!! :)

Also got slimmer of the month lol, unexpected shiny!

Bloody hell. 4lb loss this week, stone award, club 10 and finally a healthy BMI with just a stone to go til target!

Mostly down to stress so am buying a new food diary and making a concentrated effort to eat really well from now on.

Hi Sheanin, just been through your diary. Well done on great results, and well done to you for getting through, you've had a tough time of it.

Bloody hell. 4lb loss this week, stone award, club 10 and finally a healthy BMI with just a stone to go til target!

Mostly down to stress so am buying a new food diary and making a concentrated effort to eat really well from now on.

Wow, what a huge loss, well done! Sorry to hear that you're stressed though. Hope your health is ok. Good luck with eating well this week!x

Well I went and bought my superfree and lean meats so should be fine :) Also went through some more old clothes today and was delighted to discover another pair of favourite trousers buttoning up! I bought them a while ago with the intention of fitting into them and I've now done it, though I'll be happier when they're just a little looser.

Still don't fit into my 'Target Trousers' but the name explains why lol - they really will only fit when I'm at target which is still another stone away :) Getting into the other ones spurred me on though!

Also had a lovely comment from a friend who hasn't seen me in about 2 months - he stopped me in Asda as though he thought he recognised me but wasn't sure, and his jaw dropped! He said, ''You have lost an AWFUL lot of weight! How have you done it?!'' It was my first proper non-family/close friend comment and I am so pleased lol.

So, while the stressy stuff isn't going to disappear, I have had a week or so of not-quite-following-plan and really getting away with it by the skin of my teeth. This week I'm reeling it all back in and getting back to the me that wrote those first few entries. I'm onto a good thing and I have GOT to keep going; I feel amazing with one stone down and there's just one more to go - can't even imagine how good that will feel!

Watch this space folks :)

Back