Here I go again!!

Had a lovely night with hubby and Kids, we had Pizza and wedges with the kids early evening then me and hubby had a few bottles of bud. I really enjoyed it as it was planned and I felt I was in control of it. Today however, is back to plan as I want to get into that dress in four weeks time.
Sunday EE
Brunch: Bacon, fat removed, poached egg, onions tomatoes and mushrooms, beans and two slices of eggy bread HEB
Snack: Banana
Dinner: Roast chicken no skin, mash poatoes, SW roasties, carrots and sprouts with syn free gravy
HEA: Milk
HEB: Bread
Syns none today
total syns 43/105 plus the my planned flexi syn evening yesterday.

I woke up this morning feeling awful, I was so dizzy at first I though that I had just got up too quickly but it did not settle after being up a half an hour, I had to wake hubby to drive kids to school. I don't like doing that as he had to drive back to work today and its a good couple of hours drive, so he tends to have a lie on before he heads off, but there was no way that I was safe to drive this morning. So due to not feeling well I did not get my walk in today, I am feeling much better this evening so hopefully the worst is over. All being well I will be back out for my walk in the morning, I am also planning on starting the 30 day shred tomorrow, which is scary, :fear:tho I have 25 days till the big Christmas night out and that dress, so desperate times call for desperate measures.
Monday: EE
Breakfast: WW Petit pan HEB with 1 teaspoon of Flora light 1syn and 1 teaspoon of tomato sauce 0.5syns with bacon (fat removed) with onions. 1 satsuma
Lunch: Was not terribly hungry due to late breakfast, grapefruit, banana, apple with mullar light
Dinner: Tuna steak with spicy veg fried rice made with loads of peppers mushrooms onions and chilli and soy sauce plus curly Kale, a dipping sauce made with 0% Greek yoghurt and 1/2 tablespoon of extra light mayo 0.5syns.
HEA: Milk in coffees
HEB: WW petit pan
Syns: 2 syns
Total syns: 45/105 plus the my planned flexi syn evening
Water intake was awful today will do better tomorrow.

I felt so much better today so off I went for my 3.5 mile walk I went then I braved it and made a start on the 30 day shred so level one day one complete. Well Jillian Michaels completely kicked my extremely big backside, tho I kind of enjoyed it, I know I think there is something wrong with me :p. I really feel it this evening muscles that have been hiding away from me have reared there head to remind me that they are there and looking to make a reappearance. My water intake was far better today, I am adding some no added sugar squash at times now tho as water can become boring after a while. I will write up my food diary now as I have no idea how much longer my poor shaky arms will allow me to type :8855:
Tuesday EE
Breakfast: Magic Porridge with Apple and Satsuma
Lunch: Leftover Tuna steak with spicy veg fried rice made with loads of peppers mushrooms onions and chilli and soy sauce plus curly Kale, a dipping sauce made with 0% Greek yoghurt and 1/2 tablespoon of extra light mayo 0.5syns.
Dinner:
super-free creamy curry with added chicken, onion and peas, with the last of the spicy veg fried rice.
HEA: Porrdige
HEB: Milk
Syns: 0.5
Total syns: 45.5/105 plus the planned flexi syn evening
Exercise: 3.5 mile walk and Level one day one 30 day shred

oh deary me, everything hurts lol but in a good way so the shredding of this body must be working :). I have come to the conclusion that I am going to add more red days into my life as I often feel bloated and I think limiting my carbs will help with this, I will give a few a try, tho I think I will stick to EE on the weekends as it just feels easier for me to do that, but this may change. Its been a pretty uneventful day so far, and I am feeling tired bit his could be due to my daughter waking me a 4.30am, she had a bad dream. I soon got her settled again but it felt as if I was just going back to sleep and the alarm went off :sigh:.
Wednesday: Red
Breakfast: Magic porridge and fruit
Lunch: leftover creamy curry with added chicken, onion and peas 1 syn for the peas
Dinner:
Bologense made with SW mince, garlic, onions, peppers, mushrooms and some celery thrown in served with cauliflower.
HEA: Cheese
HEB: Porridge
HEB: none as yet.
Syns: 1
Total syns: 46.5 plus the planned flexi syn evening
Exercise: 3.5 mile walk and level one day two of the thirty day shred.

I have had one of those days were I have gotten so mad I could literally feel my blood boiling its not like me to get so upset over things stress yes but rage and upset no. The person is question was lucky when I rang to speak to them was not available as I was so mad tho in hindsight its probably better as I was so mad I probably wont have been to convey my point without getting upset. So I have worded a strong letter in a very calm manor which will be sent tomorrow, ahhh I feel letter now :) I have made it to day three of the 30 day shred, wow Jillian is still kicking my behind, I cant get up from a seat without making a noise cause all my muscles are sore I hope it works as I have hung my lovely red Christmas party dress outside the wardrobe so if I feel like slacking off I am reminded of what what my goal is. I did another red day which I really enjoyed but I am writing out my menu for next week and I am running out of ideas, I must have wee rummage round the forum for some red day inspiration.
So WI day is nigh once again I am nervous I did have my flexi syn plan last Saturday and have used nearly 50 syns this week, but I have upped my exercise as along with my walk I have added in the 30 day shred. I suppose I will just have to wait until I visit those pesky scales tomorrow morning.
Thursday Red day
Breakfast: magic porridge HEB made with mullar light Greek style coconut 0.5syn with mixed berries
Lunch: Leftover Bologense made with SW mince, garlic, onions, peppers, mushrooms and some celery thrown in served with cauliflower.
Dinner: Bacon and cheese HEA omelette with added peppers, mushroom, green chilli and tomatoes served with BNS chips and WW petit pan HEB teaspoon of flora light 1 syn
HEA: Milk and cheese measured out
HEB: Porridge measured out and ww petit pan
Syns: 1.5
Total syns: 48
plus the planned flexi syn evening
Water: just under my 2 litre target
Exercise: Level one day three of the 30 day shred

Last edited:
Another Friday another weigh in day and I am pleased to report another 2lb off which gives me 9.5lbs off in three weeks:Dand I am only 0.5lb away from my Christmas target. I need to be careful now, as any time I have attempted a weight loss program before I am all go for the first three weeks and then after week three I seem to go down a road of self sabotage. I am determined that is not going to happen to me this time, If I am honest I do feel different this time around. I was able to get my 3.5 mile walk in this morning but my the temps has certainly dropped, but once I got going I seemed to warm up quickly enough. I am on day four of the 30 day shred, its still tough but dare I say I am not as sore this evening as I have been, tho from what I have read the soreness will return after day 11 when your progress to level 2 :eek:.
Friday: Red Day
Breakfast: Banana, orange and grapes with mullar light
Snack: WW choc digestive 2.5syns
Lunch: WW petit HEB filled with tuna and picked gherkins with 1 tablespoon of extra light mayo 1syn
Dinner:
Pork chop with fat removed 227 gram potato with skin left on cut into sw chips with HEA melted cheese and a stir fry of onions, chilli, mushrooms, peppers and tomatoes
HEA: Milk, Cheese
HEB: WW petit pan, 227g Potato
Syns: 3.5
Total syns 3.5/105
Water: only managed 1 litre today, I need to do better.
Exercise: 3.5 mile walk, level one day four of 30 day shred.

Well done Ruthie - and good luck for your xmas target you will do it
Thanks I hope so, I lovely red dress that I am hoping will fit me properly for a big Christmas night out on the 15th December

I may have come up against a couple of obstacles for this week, we had some good news and some not so good news, so hubby phoned me and said sod the bad news and lets celebrate the good news, so he is coming home tonight, (if he can,the car has broken down, and the best about it is he has my car cause his is of the road as his poorly as well!) anyway, got side tracked there. If hubby does get home, he want to celebrate with a couple of glasses of bubbly and I really want to partake as this news is great for my hubbys careerer. We have also been offered a babysitter for either tomorrow night or Monday to go out and have few drinks and a meal. Now offerers of babysitters and a few hours out with hubby on our own does not happen often, so I want to go and enjoy. On the other hand I really feel like I am doing well and don't want to rock the boat, as I have said previously in my diary week three always seems to be when I loose motivation, I really don't want to give it a helping hand. oh decisions decisions :confused:.

Its one night out of 7 Ruthie and you dont get the chance often. If its for a meal, make the choice of where to eat yours, then you can choose wisely. Im in the same boat, its hubbys 50th on Monday and hes asked me to go out for a meal on monday night, but we have already been out for a curry this week and i dont want to jeopardise my WI on wed. I dont want to disappoint him so think im going to have to bite the bullet and hopefully eat somewhere healthy

I say go out and celebrate! Sod the diet and enjoy your rare evening out together. Definitely more important than SW. Just get back to it afterwards and you'll be fine i'm sure x

Its one night out of 7 Ruthie and you dont get the chance often. If its for a meal, make the choice of where to eat yours, then you can choose wisely. Im in the same boat, its hubbys 50th on Monday and hes asked me to go out for a meal on monday night, but we have already been out for a curry this week and i dont want to jeopardise my WI on wed. I dont want to disappoint him so think im going to have to bite the bullet and hopefully eat somewhere healthy

I say go out and celebrate! Sod the diet and enjoy your rare evening out together. Definitely more important than SW. Just get back to it afterwards and you'll be fine i'm sure x
Thanks Ladies I certainly enjoyed myself and it went on in to Sunday as well :eek: I have been very bad!!

What a weekend I am really paying for it now tho. Hubby came on Saturday which was great but with his return my willpower took a complete and utter nosedive. I have no idea how I am going to pull this back this week I am most certainly looking at a gain. I had a couple of beers on Saturday night, then Sunday we went out for the evening we went for an Indian, which was beautiful and then I must have consumed my body weight in Beer. Now any sensible person would have got back on track on Monday morning, not me I ended up with a Chinese last night and more beer :d'oh:. The Chinese food was lovely at the time but my god it really has made me feel awful today, my stomach feels like it has a piece of led in it and I am so puffy and bloated must be all that MSG. I feel like I have put back on the 9.5lbs that I have lost. Now I think damage limitation is not going to help me this week, so I have just drawn a very big line underneath the last two days and I have started again this morning. The good thing tho that I did not miss my 30 day shred workouts I did them all weekend, I am feeling quite pleased with myself on that score. I am going to try and remember everything that has passed my lips in the last 48 hours and move on.

Saturday: EE
Breakfast: Apple, banana mullar light
Lunch: Cauliflower soup with ww petit pan HEB a teaspoon of flora light 1 syn
Dinner: Chicken stir fry with onions, peppers, mushrooms was meant to have sw chips with it but I couldn't be bothered.
4 bottles of bud
Exercise: 30 day shred level 1 day 5

Sunday: EE
Breakfast: Apple, orange, banana mullar light
Lunch: nothing
Dinner: mixed Tikka starer, Lamb madras with nan, 2 glasses of wine and I am not sure how many pints of Carlsberg !!
Exercise:30 day shred level 1 day 6

Monday: EE
Breakfast: Poached egg WW petit pan with 1 teaspoon of flora light 1syn beans, mushrooms onions and peppers.
Lunch: nothing
Dinner: 1/2 portion of yung chow fried rice, 1/2 portion of chips, curry sauce 2 tablespoons of noodles. 5 bottles of bud!!!
Exercise: 30 day shred level 1 day 7

Tuesday:Red

Breakfast: banana, and mullar light Greek coconut 0.5syn
Lunch: 2 nimble w/m HEB 1 banna
Dinner: Steak strips stir fried with onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes in a cajun seasoning and soy sauce. BNS chips 2 slices w/m nimble HEB with 42g reduced fat cheddar HEA
HEA: Milk and cheese
HEB: nimble bread twice.
Exercise: 30 day shred level 1 day 8
Syns: 0.5

Dear Lord you sit in every weekend for months and then you start SW again and suddenly the invites come flooding in :confused: So I have another night out on Saturday to contend with but this weekend and I am going to be restrained and NOT and I mean NOT let it run into Sunday. I really just want to get my WI on Friday over and done with so I can move on from the over indulgent weekend I had had. Its Wednesday evening and I am still feeling a little rough from the weekend shenanigans, I am really expecting a massive gain, I just feel bigger :cry:

Wednesday: Red
Breakfast: Mango, melon and grapes with mullar light coconut Greek style 0.5 syns
Lunch: Leftover stir fry from last night with 2 nimble HEB with 42g reduced fat cheddar HEA
Dinner: The creamy curry with added chicken and Onion with cauliflower rice. ( This was OK but I am in no mad rush to make it again).
HEA: Milk and Cheese
HEB: 2 slices nimble
Exercise: 3.5 mile walk and level 1 day 9 of the 30 day shred.
Syns: 0.5syn

I am feeling very blah today, I am not sure why I am just very tired and feeling sorry for myself. I have WI to contend with in the morning and I am not looking forward to it. Though I do know once I face up to the music I can officially put the weekend behind me and move on. The only thing that may help me is that I have continued with my exercise through last weekend and everyday since. We are supposed to be meeting people for dinner and a few drinks on Sat, I am thinking of suggesting to hubby that we just head out for the drinks which mean I can control the food aspect and have a SW friendly meal before we go out and I may even have something awaiting me for when I come in, in case I get the munches.

Thursday Red
Breakfast: Melon, mango and some grapes with mullar light Greek style coconut 0.5syns
Lunch: 2 slices nimble wm HEB with Tuna mixed with half tablespoon extra light mayo 0.5 syn and gherkins
Dinner: Spicy bacon and cheese 42g of reduced fat cheddar HEA omelette with loads of added mushrooms, peppers onions and tomatoes, BNS chips and WW petit pan HEB with teaspoon of Flora light 0.5 syn.
Syns: 1.5
HEB: 2 slices wm nimble
HEB: ww petit pan
Exercise: 3.5 mile walk and 30 day shred level 1 day 10

1lb is great! You'll find that your losses start to slow down after a few weeks of doing the plan and 1lb a week is definitely a good target to have. The weightloss can be quite slow with SW but you're more likely to keep it off the slower you lose it. It's amazing how much those pounds add up! I can remember being really gutted losing 1lb after a few weeks of great losses at the start but 1lb really is a great loss! x

1lb is great! You'll find that your losses start to slow down after a few weeks of doing the plan and 1lb a week is definitely a good target to have. The weightloss can be quite slow with SW but you're more likely to keep it off the slower you lose it. It's amazing how much those pounds add up! I can remember being really gutted losing 1lb after a few weeks of great losses at the start but 1lb really is a great loss! x
Your so right hun and as long as I am losing I am happy :D

I am so glad WI is over as I can move on from the not so hot weekend last weekend, I have to be honest I am not sure I deserve the loss. My mum goes to WW and finds her losses are so very slow and hates it when people get weighed and loose a lb or two and tell the whole group how many takeaways and alcohol they had consumed that week. I really believe that my only saving grace was my workouts and I did not miss one, despite having a slight hangover on Monday.

I moved on to level two of the 30 day shred goodness gracious me, I think I was spoilt with level one. I know 10 days ago I thought level one was the hardest thing ever, tho over the ten days it did become a little easier. Level two was mad I thought I was going to cry, there is a lot of planks involved oh dear I don't think my stomach muscles will ever recover, I can feel the muscles in my shoulders and legs starting to complain now, its going to be fun tomorrow when I have to do it again. Hubby comes home from work tonight, his new role means he will be home every weekend :D, I just need to remember when he comes home its not clear for me to have what I want!

Friday Red day
Breakfast: Mango, melon and some grapes with coconut Greek mullar light 0.5 syn
Lunch: 2 slices nimble wm HEB with Tuna mixed with half tablespoon extra light mayo 0.5 syn and gherkins and a banana
Dinner: Pork chop all fat removed, a stir fry of onions, pepper mushrooms and chilli with sauce sauce and my other HEB worth of SW chips with skin on and HEA worth of reduced cheddar.
HEB: 2 slices nimble
HEB: skin on SW chips
Syns 1/105 1 alchol free beer 3 syns so 4/105
Exercise: 3.5 mile walk and Level 2 day one 30 day shred (day 11).

Last edited:
That's great that hubby will be home at the weekends! It must be hard him working from home all of the time? My OH also works away a lot and I hate it. Having him around since he's taken time off has been amazing so it's going to be a shock when he goes back to work in February! What does your OH do? x

That's great that hubby will be home at the weekends! It must be hard him working from home all of the time? My OH also works away a lot and I hate it. Having him around since he's taken time off has been amazing so it's going to be a shock when he goes back to work in February! What does your OH do? x
He is a social Worker but his role is a 3.5 hour drive away from us so there is no way he could drive up and down everyday so has to stay up there he rents a little house. His position previously to this was in residential, hence he was maybe back one night during the week and then away again. He is now in a hospital which he really prefers, before he trained as social worker he was a nurse so he is used to hospitals. Just hoping that he gets something closer to home soon, but the jobs are few and far between so we are just grateful for anything at the moment :D. How did your last day go?

Back