Heres To A New Start.

God, everyone is doing soooo well.
I feel such a complete failure at this!! :-(

Oh no!!! Don't feel like that! Your losing weight and that's the only goal! Really don't think it matters how many times you slip up along the way so long as you get back on it and continue to lose! How did your weekend go? Xxx

I had a lovely weekend thanks, hence the weight gain today!! Lol.
It's next weekend that is going to be the hurdle, we're in a very nice country pub for a couple of nights and staying with family for another couple. Think it's now Friday morning to either mon or tues. Just going to enjoy it then get straight back on the diet on my return. X

I came off plan Sunday night.

Had some epic thinking about how much this was taking over my thinking. I get being focused, but the constant head battle to not eat was so much there all the time and was taking over my thinking, ok sure I wanted pizza and nachos but it was the more generalised stuff that was getting to me, having fruit, having a bowl of veg soup I would make, having a low fat yoghurt, eating a few baby potatoes with a salad, having a skinny cappuccino if I wanted. All healthy choices but not allowed on CD. For me personally, abstinence from food doesn't combat the psychological issues I have, which is learning to say no to the bad foods and taking the in-between foods in moderation.

I am not giving up loosing weight, far from it, I am going out today and going to shop for weight watchers and go right back on pro points, I tend to lean towards protein on there and not a huge amount of carbs on there and although slower ( :( ) I can loose it on ww which I know fits me and my life well.

I will use the rest of my cd shakes and point them on ww, I tend to do that on slim fast anyway to get around the can't eat in the mornings issue I always have had, but add in yoghurt and fruit, I'm not wasting them. :)

Please don't think I am knocking the cd, for some its works 100% and its what they need, for me, its not a good fit is all. I am grateful I have had a boost from it, I would have liked to loose a bit more before switching but I have to make choices that work for me.

Some positive habbits I have made with CD:
I drink a lot of water and find it easy to do now.
I remember to eat throughout the day (well shakes) and not skip meals.
I know I need to have a healthy mindset to dieting, and not let it overtake me. I can't hide away at mealtimes because I'm not having what everyone else is having.
I also have learned to say no to food I don't need.

I will stay with the diaries and talk to you girlies (and guys), I can't give you lot up :D, just letting you know where things are at with me. Maybe I will do a boost month now n again on CD, I will discuss all options with my consultant (about to email her now).

<3 have a GOOD week, I will be 100% on ww and probs officially start tomorrow since wed was always my weigh in day - old habbits die hard hah. I will point today and stick within points tho ;) Now to go work out the pro points of a cd shake hah.

Hello! How is it going on weight watchers? Hope it’s going well! You’ve still lost a fab amount of weight in the time that you’ve been on Cambridge and that’s a nice kick start to weight watchers. I think it’s a good idea to still use the shakes and just point them- if you have flavours that you enjoy then it’s a great breakfast to start the day. And as you say, having learned you don’t need to eat everything around you on Cambridge, you should get on well when you are on WW! I found that when I was doing it I felt like I couldn’t say no to cake if someone brought some into the office or if we went out for a meal and others were eating 3 courses then I would too. Cambridge definitely teaches you to say no! And always good to drink lots of water no matter what diet you are on! Let us know how you get on with your first weigh in back at WW and good luck! We know you can do it :) xx

Hi! I'm hoping to go to weight watchers to maintain so please let me know if it works so keep up the diary!

Cambridge is great for me because it keeps me in such a strict routine. I do like weight watchers but I find myself making bad choices and encouraging my bad habits whilst on it. I get 23 points and I will use them on McDonald's and desserts and bread! I can't be trusted so I'm hoping if I prove my will power on Cambridge I can start to trust myself with food again. It's definitely help highlight my issues with food which can only be a good thing for the future :)

I've had a real wobble this evening- went out for dinner and although is asked for my meal without potatoes it came out with them anyway and I scoffed the lot! Was so hungry today have eaten way more than I should have... Feeling pretty down on myself that have got this far with minimal cheats and then mucked it up for no reason :(

Ps poko can totally relate to the McDonald's thing- that's me all the time on WW!!! I'm really hoping that I can eat healthily on it when I finally come off Cambridge! Think I might do a day off total SS tomorrow in the hope it will make up for today...

McDs is no problem since I hate the stuff :D

Going on past dieting, I did treat, but generally used points for good stuff. Also I don't keep ww friendly treats in the house, ie low fat crisps and ww cakes etc, I stay away from the higher point stuff as I like my points too much to have it, and if I want a treat, eg a milky way, I have to get up and go to the shop to buy one which then becomes a choice not a whim (which is okay). Keeping in low fat sweet yoghurts (like the ww toffee ones) to have fruit and yoghurt is my lifesaver as well as some options or hilights hot choc. Sugar free jelly is great too. Can get a sweet fix for very low points.
Also if I want something totally bad (like take away etc) I always planned it. Pointed what I would order the day before. For me, it used to be a pizza (home cooked), which was 25 out of 31 odd points I was allowed for the day. To make sure I was still within points I would have fruit and yoghurt for breakkie, veg soup (free) with a couple of ryvitas for lunch and use the remainder for the pizza and milk. Since I knew I was having it, I could prepare the soup the day before and make sure I had enough free snacks (fruit and carrot sticks etc) to get through the day. Because I did this, I didn't feel guilty for having it. Obviously it wasn't everyday, maybe once a week or fortnight, or longer, but it was what allowed me to not go crazy and it helped me stick with it long term. (I have since found a home made pizza with wholemeal square wraps which is soo much better for you (complex carbs :D) and make my own tomato base and use low fat cheese and lean ham or chicken etc and don't bother with the other pizza but the principal is the same.)

I'm 2 days in and I'm struggling to eat all my points, still not used to eating yet. Still drinking a heap of water, refusing to buy a bottle of diet coke (well a 2l one anyway - had the odd 500ml one - again have to go to the shop for one and not keep it in the house - a brilliant habbit to be rid of).

I did the weigh in thing yesterday, my start weight was by my scales (I weighed on mine as well as my cdc's ones and publicly recorded cdc's one). Yes I've gained already, not sure if totm has anything to do with it or its all carb gain. It may go up, who knows, to be honest, I just need to push through and eventually I will see losses. I will keep it up to date, and my signature will be updated etc so watch this space. ;)

Back