Heres To A New Start.

Thank you Anne! Well fingers crossed for you, I'm sure you will get there just keep avoiding carbs at all costs :) have you or anyone else tried the mix a mousse yet? I got some this week but really not enjoying it- the mousse turns out really thick and what I can only describe as "claggy" -not sure if I'm going wrong with it! Xxx

No haven't tried it, I really don't like the thick texture, I even have to water my shakes down more in order to get them down me. I now just have the tetra packs and a bar in the evening, it's my saving grace! X

Yeh I think that's the way forward really! I've just been pretty much living off of lemon yogurt bars as you can have two of them a day and they actually taste nice rather than forcing a shake down. I'm going to give up on the mousse have tried it a couple of times now and both times it ended up in the bin as couldn't stomach it.

Am in the office at the moment and everyone a eating birthday cake around me :( some days are rubbish!!! Xx

Yep, totally get that, I'm having a really dark day today, feeling quite shitty about how I look and feel.
I tried one of the lemon bars but thought I'd was horrendous. I alternate between the toffee and caramel, think it's because they're choc covered, I've convinced myself I'm having a treat! Lol. X

Hope your having a better day today. It's really crap when you're feeling down about the way you look- maybe wait a couple more weeks and then go and buy yourself something new to treat yourself for getting through the first 4 weeks? Or get your nails done or something nice so you have something to feel happy about! I got a few new bits from Primark at the weekend (don't want to spend much money in case they don't for for long) was a bit tricky as some of the size 16s still didn't fit which was a bit depressing as I thought I would have fit in them no problem but then I did buy one thing that was a 14 so I'm convinced the sizes are just all over the place in there!!! Still nice to have a couple of new outfits and I started at a size 18/20 so it's a step in the right direction. If you keep losing at the rate you are you will get there quicker than you think :) xx

I'm feeling much brighter today thanks, it was just one of those "my life sucks" kind of days yesterday. I'm fretting as we are going to my partner (Keith) sons wedding a week on Saturday. I've never met his son let alone any one else there. It's going to be his ex, all her family, and a
few members of Keith's family whom I've also never met! I'm absolutely bricking myself. I've just got to make sure I stay sober so I don't say anything! Lol.
Anyway, today's a better day so fingers crossed I can get through it 100%. Hope you're doing ok and keeping on the straight n narrow! X

Eek yes that's really scary! Definitely stay off the drink for that one- you need to look calm, composed and happy with yourself (even if you might not feel like that!!) so they can all see that you two are happy no matter what their various opinions may be! It might turn out they're all really lovely and welcoming- fingers crossed for you!

Today's going well- I overslept this morning which was really frustrating and means I've done no exercise today but think it might be good to have day off from it as have lost any more weight since Sunday so possibly I've gone into starvation mode or something- really hope not :/ desperate to officially hit the 2 stone mark by this weeks weigh in!

Morning everyone. What a manic few days.

Daughter ended up scalding her chin with soup yesterday so was out most of yesterday sorting her out, fell asleep at a stupid time last night and missed my last shake (but I did have a meal). Missed a meeting with clients because of the hassle yesterday, lucky they understand :/

Today needs to be a normal day LOL

Strangely, it gets no better! My kids are all in their 20's and I'm still always running around after one of them. Lol.
Hopefully she's on the mend now and things are getting back to normal. At least it kept you occupied for a while so you didn't have chance to feel hungry! X
Dawn, when is weigh in day? 2 stone threshold, you can do this!!! It will be such an achievement, go for it. Xx

God what a nightmare!! Fingers crossed today is better for you! At least your client was understanding!

Weigh in day in Saturday I'm down to 13 13 so I just need another 0.8lbs to get there! Fingers crossed- was meant to be doing a fitness class at work today but it's been cancelled so should probably try and do some exercise this evening to push for the 0.8!

Had a friend over last night and she was like well how are you going to keep it off when your done and I'm really not sure to be honest... Id like to think I can but I still really struggle to eat vegetables the only thing I like is rocket salad so it does worry me! Long way off still though so probably shouldn't panic too much but it did get me thinking! Xx

Just seeing those 13's on the scales must have been a bit of a bonus, so congrats on achieving that. And you'll do the 2stone by Saturday easily, it's only Thursday so 2 days to go. Woohoo.... Go you. Well done. X

God what a nightmare!! Fingers crossed today is better for you! At least your client was understanding!

Weigh in day in Saturday I'm down to 13 13 so I just need another 0.8lbs to get there! Fingers crossed- was meant to be doing a fitness class at work today but it's been cancelled so should probably try and do some exercise this evening to push for the 0.8!

Had a friend over last night and she was like well how are you going to keep it off when your done and I'm really not sure to be honest... Id like to think I can but I still really struggle to eat vegetables the only thing I like is rocket salad so it does worry me! Long way off still though so probably shouldn't panic too much but it did get me thinking! Xx

As long as you work up the steps you'll keep it off. I guess it's a challenge to change the way we view and behave around food. If we change our habits we should be able to maintain. I was thinking of doing weight watchers to maintain. It won't even feel like a diet because you still get food!! Haha

It seems the way forward as a few have gone down the ww path to maintain and it seems to work. Maybe because of the structure that's involved.
I know that I'm going to have to think very carefully about what to do when I come off this diet, I'm going to need some sort of plan in action to keep me on the straight and narrow.
God, I feel like a drug addict in rehab!! X

I think your probably right- weight watchers does seen like a good plan- fingers crossed I can stick to it! I feel like I will probably be one of those people who has to be on a diet for the rest of their lives!

I'm so frustrated today, despite doing tons of exercise over the last few days I didn't manage to get to the 2 stone mark. I know I'm not far off but it's just annoying when you have a target but don't quite reach it!!! Good luck for the weekend xxx

I've been thinking a lot about what I'm going to do when I reach my goal, I'm thinking I'm going to do my maintenance, then follow either ww or slimming world Mon-Fri and saturday and sunday eat whatever I want to, then even though I'm still technically following a diet I've always got the weekends to look forward to, and if I gain at the weekends I'll lose it again throughout the week xx

Yes great idea!!! At least then you get a bit of a break from it and you can still have some of the things you love. Definitely going to try this approach when I get that far! Xx

the only reason I am sticking to this is because I'm planning on going on ww when ive lost 3 1/2 on here. If I cheat it means longer till I can have real food again.

Spent the last 2 night fighting the urge to order pizza, and even resisted munchies at the cinema yesterday. Cheesy nachos were screaming my name too! I swear we should get an extra 1lb off for the bad days that we resist ^_^

Tried to home weigh in yesterday and I've gained a lb, but mine and consultants scales read different, it did this 2 weeks ago when I home weighed last time, was only a teeny difference in the weigh in, so I bloody give up and will wait till next week for the official result ;) Been good all week (cept for extra cottage cheese lol). Have been doing a mix of ss and ss+ so I better have a decent ish loss or I may not resist the temptation again hah.

I think when I get to 11 I'll go onto WW don't want to do it too soon as I know that will only slow me down! I might still have one of the bars though for breakfast though as I actually quite enjoy them! My scales, my mums scales and my cdcs are all different- I just weigh myself each day on my own to make sure it's heading in the right direction and then go by the cdcs.

I bought my parents vouchers to a really nice restaurant called the hawksmoor for Christmas and they have decided they want to take us all as a family this Friday, which is great however not sure how a portion of steak and macaroni cheese is going to effect my weight loss! Hoping if it's only one bad meal it won't change things too much. I've been out for dinner other places and just had chicken salad but it's such a nice place I don't think I can go there and not have my favourite!

PS well done for resisting the cinema snacks- I think that was the hardest bit of this whole diet so far! It doesn't seem right to go to see a film and not scoff a ton of popcorn! When is your weigh in? Fingers crossed for a good week for you! xx

Back